VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
And if he does, it's fine. Because once uni is over, then comes the long life trek of what's more important in life. Career and family. I wouldn't fault any dev for that.
Nope. Me either. It sounds like it has some content now so I'll probably try it here soon. That way the new update will be closer for me I guess.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Nope. Me either. It sounds like it has some content now so I'll probably try it here soon. That way the new update will be closer for me I guess.
Yeah. I haven't started it it yet. I just found it a couple of days ago myself. Still working on 'The Neverwhere Tales'.

Maou-sama Kei

Jun 30, 2017
Just finished my first playthrough, have to say this game is a real gem. Loved the characters, loved the humor and memes, overall a very amazing game. Will do a different playthrough on next release for sure. Best of luck to Dev!

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
I am playing it now and enjoying it quite a bit. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
Okay, I've finished it and I'm sad it's over. Very engaging story. Really like Avis, but Raiko, Serena, and even Levy I suppose could be love interests. I haven't decided yet with Koko. She seems more friend material to me. Plus based on what I could gather from the game, her father is something like a mob or Yakuza boss I'm thinking rather than an Antivirus guru.

Good job KatanaVN. You mentioned you don't plan on finishing the game in the single digits, so that is super exciting. Can't wait until you have the time to develop the game more often. Definitely enjoying the story.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Looked good until I saw NO HAREM! I'm out I hate one girl paths! Despise them I want to see all the girls and I do not like to repeat the same damn story to get a different girl. I don't watch movies more than once. I don't read books more than once. Once I know the ending I am done with it game or movie.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Looked good until I saw NO HAREM! I'm out I hate one girl paths! Despise them I want to see all the girls and I do not like to repeat the same damn story to get a different girl. I don't watch movies more than once. I don't read books more than once. Once I know the ending I am done with it game or movie.
should have known the real reason dev isnt putting out updates is that some random doesn't want non 100% blatant wish fulfillment not something stupid like life or "higher education"! :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati:

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Is it just me or is the game really similar to Waifu Academy?

It has similar picture renderer (Honey Select),
similar sound effects,
similar plot (new guy at school, some school bullies who are also part of some gang, etc. etc.) ,
similar characters (some girls are pretty much copy/paste of character trope)

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Is it just me or is the game really similar to Waifu Academy?

It has similar picture renderer (Honey Select),
similar sound effects,
similar plot (new guy at school, some school bullies who are also part of some gang, etc. etc.) ,
similar characters (some girls are pretty much copy/paste of character trope)
pretty sure it's just you.
school setting is rather common here (due to assets)
this game has no corruption or NC shit as far as i've seen and your choices matter.
in waifu academy i didn't ever molest a girl on the train but the game proceeded as if i did. i kind of stopped playing afterwords tbh

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
pretty sure it's just you.
school setting is rather common here (due to assets)
this game has no corruption or NC shit as far as i've seen and your choices matter.
in waifu academy i didn't ever molest a girl on the train but the game proceeded as if i did. i kind of stopped playing afterwords tbh
There's also the factor that KatanaVN has never lied about an update delay by faking a car accident. Which Waifu Academy's dev absolutely did do.

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
Hello everyone. I just found this game in someone's signature. How often the game updates are delivered?

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Hello everyone. I just found this game in someone's signature. How often the game updates are delivered?
It depends really, the dev has his studies so he can't develop his game like he wants to but I can recommand you to test this game, it is really good and the LI are all interesting (y) . There should be an update during august/september ;).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Ozzfest

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
It depends really, the dev has his studies so he can't develop his game like he wants to but I can recommand you to test this game, it is really good and the LI are all interesting (y). There should be an update during august/september ;).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for the info. The game looks really nice indeed. I'll give it a try this weekend for sure.

Reactions: Ellyx

w123t4

May 26, 2019

Progress report 13
Hey guys and girls!

Time for the public report. Few things to talk about (as always) so lets jump straight in ^^

The last 2 weeks since last report were really busy, but for the most part, it a good way! With that uni stuff behind, besides some natural IRL difficulties and living with parents, the rest was actually spent working on this properly. And it felt... Great.
It's really night and day being able to actually focus multiple days in a row on the game, and not having to jump back and forth to homework and so on.

The progress wasn't the fastest, but that's partially due to me trying to make some good quality stuff. Although I didn't plan, I made another 2 new and quite big new maps. Sad part, one of them will see literally 1 render in Ep4
But(t) it appears as a background with someone's butt, so that's a hint when you play! (Or maybe not a good hint with how many butt renders I make )

Jokes aside, yea, lots of new maps in general for Ep4, some more unique clothes etc. Even in previous updates I already tried making here and there my own maps, as seeing each and every map in other hs2 games can feel a bit unoriginal after some time. Naturally, I'll still use a ton of premade maps as the benefits from making your own stuff often don't correspond with the time invested in making them yourself. But I do try to at least give them a small change to at least differentiate a tiny bit from the base look if I see it fitting.

And speaking of, it was much easier to work due to having the new PC parts! Yup, they arrived like 10 days ago, and the performance gains are... Quite good! Hs2 is a stupid unoptimized mess unfortunately, and in 15 tests I made (before and after new gpu), the fps gains ranged from 8% (yup, eight) all the way to 350% (lol). Wild as those ranges are, the real conclusive part was that all the big jumps were present in the heaviest and crappiest to work scenes before, the ones with 10+ npcs on screen/background, such as Hotel scenes from Ep3, University wide-screen scenes or the clubbing in Ep1. Having 2-5 fps or having 20-25 fps is a huge difference and makes it much less frustrating to navigate.

Besides that, I managed to do all the custom renders + monthly wallpapers already to get it out of the way and have freedom till end of month. The "World Setup" % would have moved much more considering how much I spent on those beforementioned 2 maps, but I initially didn't plan to make them, as alas, who knew our house maps were quite limited and not what I needed. Renders got a healthy move again, as we just passed 1 400 total renders (+220 from previous). There is also the first (2nd if you count main menu) animation done, and I'll be slowly getting more into animations bit by bit. I know it's my weakpoint, I really suck (even tho some said my Serena anims were decent). Naturally I'll still use some quick renders for stuff like quick nodding instead of animation, but for some cool stuff, maybe a repeating nod, etc. I'll try to implement more and more animations (not just for Ep4, but for future too).

That's it for today, thanks for joining in!
The plans mentioned at the end of the last Patreon-only progress report still more or less stay. Sneak peeks will be in this month (probably closer to the end of it) and I still plan at least Beta (highest tiers) release of Episode 4 at the end of August.

Love you all,
Kat <3

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes