VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Shocked to see this thread has so few pages when the game is such high quality.

The story seems sufficently thought out/ is still entertaining, the characters dont seem to be shallow/ one note, and there is potentinal for some "good" slice of life style drama
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For sure this shot up into my top 5 games, Id go as far to say it was a fair bit more entertaining (TO ME) than Eternum (and its lack of consequences/ repeated non con scenes). I am for sure in the minority when it comes to harems but I'm glad that wont be the case here as most of them push what could be an interesting story too far into the wish fulfillment for it to be enjoyable to me.

Reactions: rudy007

meanmike

Apr 1, 2019
Shocked to see this thread has so few pages when the game is such high quality.

The story seems sufficently thought out/ is still entertaining, the characters dont seem to be shallow/ one note, and there is potentinal for some "good" slice of life style drama
For sure this shot up into my top 5 games, Id go as far to say it was a fair bit more entertaining (TO ME) than Eternum (and its lack of consequences/ repeated non con scenes). I am for sure in the minority when it comes to harems but I'm glad that wont be the case here as most of them push what could be an interesting story too far into the wish fulfillment for it to be enjoyable to me.
Well I saw it on the front page, checked to see when was last update, and it's been a year with NOTHING. So probably most people also see that and dont bother downloading it. Especially since it is a honey select game. Plenty of honey select games that actually have stuff

I only came to the comments to see if people are saying it's abandoned, and the dev is making excuses about uni so yeah.. it is basically abandoned

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Well I saw it on the front page, checked to see when was last update, and it's been a year with NOTHING. So probably most people also see that and dont bother downloading it. Especially since it is a honey select game. Plenty of honey select games that actually have stuff

I only came to the comments to see if people are saying it's abandoned, and the dev is making excuses about uni so yeah.. it is basically abandoned
Ah, right, seems I've forgotten.
I totally forgot I had to completely abandon my university and a lifeline if this game doesn't do well. How silly of me to focus on university like any other human, I should have just dropped out!
Please accept my apologies, let me just quickly let them know I am dropping out after 5 years. I'll also ring my currently unemployed parents and say this is all part of a plan.

Edit:
Well, ok. Was quite MadTana here, but I do generally hate how some people have zero consideration for devs. Some are far from being financially secure, and some are trying their best to make a game while being busy with real life responsibilities. Many devs also have to drop their games due to those 2 aspects not allowing them to continue. I can take critique about my slowness, but the overall rude entrance, calling it abandoned and belittling my hard journey on uni without any prior knowledge about me, was just out of place.

Last edited:

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
My timing is not great, but question kinda related to this picture an your sigs ...

Enjoying the story btw.
Intended, yes. Possible oversight, yes :LUL:
While it is "correct", maybe having a slight change for the denial (maybe alongside the lines of "this almost turned out into something else before I stopped it...") would fit better. I'll note it down ^^

KingBahnu

Apr 14, 2021
The overall quality of the game and characters are great I especially love Avis story and can't wait for more, really baffled how the game isn't more popular.
Great work!

Jabba Wookie

Sep 4, 2018
Oh wow saw this on front page and decided to try it. Really impressed with this, and happy to see the dev is still here and its not abandoned, just merely delayed. Cant wait for the next update whenever they can put it out

PS: Avis and Reiko are objectively the best

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
I know that it says no harem so it won't be possible to get every ladies, but I have to ask. Will there be "combos" possible? For example, my 2 favorites (so far) are Avis and Reiko. Having a possibility of them both as relationship partners at the same time would be neat. It's fine if not, but yeah.
I would like to reformulate this statement as a question since it isn't that clear from description:
Is it possible to have more than one LI in a playthro and if yes are there specific combos
on related note are there some specific penalties for checking more than one characters events (apart from obvious alternate costs). the game seems a bit hellbent for you to choose a favorite very early on with somewhat limited info.

And i would like to concur with previously voiced sentiments that the writing could use a touchup at times. nothing devastating and most problems seem already pointed out. perhaps except that it is unusually fatiguing to play this VN for some reason.

w123t4

May 26, 2019

Congratulations about you finishing U(or almost finished) and glad to see you will have more time to develop the game!:)

But from my personal experience, please enjoy the last of your university life as much as you can, you may not have such a great time again after you going to work(unless you consider making game as your main job) as those crap at work will eat up your free time and energy sooner than you realized.:poop:

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020

Congratulations about you finishing U(or almost finished) and glad to see you will have more time to develop the game!:)

But from my personal experience, please enjoy the last of your university life as much as you can, you may not have such a great time again after you going to work(unless you consider making game as your main job) as those crap at work will eat up your free time and energy sooner than you realized.:poop:
Thanks!
Well the latter part will depend on the next year or so, let's see where it goes ^^

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Ah, right, seems I've forgotten.
I totally forgot I had to completely abandon my university and a lifeline if this game doesn't do well. How silly of me to focus on university like any other human, I should have just dropped out!
Please accept my apologies, let me just quickly let them know I am dropping out after 5 years. I'll also ring my currently unemployed parents and say this is all part of a plan.

Edit:
Well, ok. Was quite MadTana here, but I do generally hate how some people have zero consideration for devs. Some are far from being financially secure, and some are trying their best to make a game while being busy with real life responsibilities. Many devs also have to drop their games due to those 2 aspects not allowing them to continue. I can take critique about my slowness, but the overall rude entrance, calling it abandoned and belittling my hard journey on uni without any prior knowledge about me, was just out of place.
Don't worry about it, you're making a game as a hobby or whatever and that's fine. There will always be trolls on the internet, they're not worth your time. As long as you're up-front with folks following along with your progress (and you are) you're just living life the best you can, like the rest of us hard working folk.

Take care and look forward to seeing what you do with the game next, if you get the time to work on it.

Reactions: cooldude33

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Thanks!
Well the latter part will depend on the next year or so, let's see where it goes ^^
Congratulation on your (soon-ish?) :) diploma. I assume it was funny few years... Or less funny. ;) But now it's close to the end. Well, much better feeling than on the beginning of studies.

I enjoy your game really much and yes, you have talent for story telling, good cameos too... It's very similar to Carbidis game. I assume he helped you a little. But anyway, keep doing good job.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Just found this game. Looks good. Downloading now. Good luck at uni. It's a great experience. But don't forget to have some fun there.

buttsman69

Jan 5, 2019
There are a lot of good things I could say about this game, but for now:

The Main Menu music slaps.

Also Avis best

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
I had honestly never heard of this game and I was going to give it a try based on what you're all saying, but I simply can't abide by the fact the dev didn't put all of us ahead of their university studies. I mean, clearly we're much more important than that. Clearly dropping out is the right thing to do and developing further all while eating ramen so we can all get enjoyment is definitely the way to go.

Seriously though.. I get so sick of reading comments that say "abandoned?" when the dev had just posted an update or some news usually on the same page, but holy shit the game hasn't had an update in a couple of months so it must be abandoned because devs dont ever have outside lives.

I don't rant often, but when I see asshole comments directly toward the dev who's been trying to keep everyone updated it bugs me.

Either way, based on what you're saying I can't wait to try this one out. If the next part is delayed a little while for graduation or some other reason so be it. I'm sure the dev won't forget us.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
And if he does, it's fine. Because once uni is over, then comes the long life trek of what's more important in life. Career and family. I wouldn't fault any dev for that.

Reactions: ChadFast
4.60 star(s) 59 Votes