Suzakufury

Dec 26, 2017
Hmm, the mouse should work. I really have no idea why it wouldn't be. Do you have issues running other Unreal 4 engine games?
Well, it clicks i can attack however there is a problem about looking up or down and turning left or right. about the x and y axises of the mouse.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
how do you have sex with people. I walk up to people and they just say they are a generic npc etc?

knurd

Jun 2, 2019
Nope, only the one town for now. It just received a visual update in this last build.
Just let you know, It was all so a ghost town. Played it 3 game days & stayed that away. Either way it look pretty cool but I deleted it, was kind of boring being the only one in the game besides the green midget right outside the town & the only thing you could do with her is beat her up.

ogalara666

Jun 24, 2019
Just let you know, It was all so a ghost town. Played it 3 game days & stayed that away. Either way it look pretty cool but I deleted it, was kind of boring being the only one in the game besides the green midget right outside the town & the only thing you could do with her is beat her up.
You realize the entire thing so far is a proof of concept dah?

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
Well, it clicks i can attack however there is a problem about looking up or down and turning left or right. about the x and y axises of the mouse.
But the mouse works fine in the menu systems? It should be grabbing the same input across both. Did you change anything in the hotkey menu? There are a few settings towards the bottom of the hotkey list that will overwrite mouse input and might mess things up like look rate.
Could also try some ini tweaks C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PF\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\input.ini has some options to scale mouse input. I would try setting it to something like 100 scale just to see if that changes anything.
Toggling between windowed and non windowed maybe but again if the menu stuff is working then this shouldn't be the issue. Beyond that I don't really know what else to do. Last resort is hopping on google and searching for "unreal 4 mouse not working".
Sorry, hope that helps.

how do you have sex with people. I walk up to people and they just say they are a generic npc etc?
The easiest way in the 1.4 build is in the middle of town by the tavern there's a chest where you can grab a sword. Equip that to your character, then ready the weapon (defaults to the R key), after that go and hit some NPCs in the game. Different scenes will be available depending on whether the character wins or loses in combat as well as what each character has for anatomy.
A couple notes - if the player didn't choose any genital options during character creation then their selection of sex scenes will be super limited if even available.
also the pink slime girls and red imps don't have any sex scene interactions yet. but any human character or any of the green goblins will have sex animations.

Hmm that's strange. I have had bug reports of people loading saved games from a previous version and the map being empty but I'm not sure if that's what you were experiencing. Well, the game is still in the early stages maybe check back in a couple months and see how development is going by then.

Jul 19, 2017
Are we able to remove swords during sex interactions?

Also one thing I noticed is that the collision sometimes doesn't lie up properly during sex scenes (Although you might already be aware of that.)

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
Are we able to remove swords during sex interactions?

Also one thing I noticed is that the collision sometimes doesn't lie up properly during sex scenes (Although you might already be aware of that.)
Removing swords during sex - not yet. That's sort of a polish feature that I've been asked for and I'll probably implement a feature that will just remove all clothing/armor and weapons during sex scenes. Right now if the player has a helmet or gloves on those will stay equipped too.

I'm assuming you mean when the character is knocked down on the ground you need to hover over them a bit to find the spot to interact with them? That's something I need to fix in the animations. So the next polish pass on the human animations especially I'll try to get that fixed.

Thanks for the bug report.

anonarchiver

Sep 20, 2019
If pregnancy does get added this will definitely go right up towards the top for games with my interest.
Same here; that and non-con/rape. Unless there's already rape in it and it isn't tagged?
I mean, I love lewd Skyrim as much as the next guy, but Skyrim is just so inherently broken and unstable that it's hard to do. A real indie adult game with character creation and roleplaying would be fantastic. Also when it comes to roleplaying I'm quite picky about rape; I prefer Degrees of Lewdity over CoC because of the trauma, stress and control system. (And because it contains some of my weirder small fetishes but shush, I'm a simple rape fantasist at heart.)
Edit: Oh, and of course, the one thing that would make this game perfect would be the ability to play as a small dragon (anthro or not). No game is perfect I suppose.

ogalara666

Jun 24, 2019
Same here; that and non-con/rape. Unless there's already rape in it and it isn't tagged?
I mean, I love lewd Skyrim as much as the next guy, but Skyrim is just so inherently broken and unstable that it's hard to do. A real indie adult game with character creation and roleplaying would be fantastic. Also when it comes to roleplaying I'm quite picky about rape; I prefer Degrees of Lewdity over CoC because of the trauma, stress and control system. (And because it contains some of my weirder small fetishes but shush, I'm a simple rape fantasist at heart.)
Edit: Oh, and of course, the one thing that would make this game perfect would be the ability to play as a small dragon (anthro or not). No game is perfect I suppose.
Rape isn't my thing but you do you. I agree that skyrim is a buggy ass mess. Imagine trying to do complex modding with it on linux.

Reactions: anonarchiver

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
tavern_02.jpg

I was working on making the tavern not feel quite so empty. I roughed out a bunch of different props to get an idea of the level of "clutter" around the place. Still a lot more to do but one step at a time.

Dialogue now has the ability to initiate sex scenes. Limited functionality but part of the larger "non-violent" features I'm working on.

Testing out time controls in the game as well. Hotkeys for speeding up time (insert), slowing down time (delete), pause (end), reset timescale to normal (home). Also added an unlock camera with a weapon readied (equals), and toggle HUD(backspace).

Worked on a number of bug fixes for things the new map broke on the last release.

Tweaked a few AI settings to help prioritize targets. If guards were attacked while patrolling they would still walk to their next waypoint before actually doing anything to their attacker.

Got to remember the Patreon terms of service stuff won't allow rape though. Plus in general the overall tone of the game I'm going for is more the fantasy setting where everyone wants to bang everyone else all the time.
As for the small dragon anthro I'm really not sure what will end up in the game for races yet. It's possible but it would be a long way down the road I've got a huge list of character work that I need to do before I start adding more on to that list.

ogalara666

Jun 24, 2019
View attachment 471142

I was working on making the tavern not feel quite so empty. I roughed out a bunch of different props to get an idea of the level of "clutter" around the place. Still a lot more to do but one step at a time.

Dialogue now has the ability to initiate sex scenes. Limited functionality but part of the larger "non-violent" features I'm working on.

Testing out time controls in the game as well. Hotkeys for speeding up time (insert), slowing down time (delete), pause (end), reset timescale to normal (home). Also added an unlock camera with a weapon readied (equals), and toggle HUD(backspace).

Worked on a number of bug fixes for things the new map broke on the last release.

Tweaked a few AI settings to help prioritize targets. If guards were attacked while patrolling they would still walk to their next waypoint before actually doing anything to their attacker.

Got to remember the Patreon terms of service stuff won't allow rape though. Plus in general the overall tone of the game I'm going for is more the fantasy setting where everyone wants to bang everyone else all the time.
As for the small dragon anthro I'm really not sure what will end up in the game for races yet. It's possible but it would be a long way down the road I've got a huge list of character work that I need to do before I start adding more on to that list.
I know one of the ways people get around all that is having a seperate file that the game scans for & loads extra content if found. Like how the huniepop guys did their uncensor patch.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
The sprint system is crazy. I know it's probably a placeholder, but it's actually really fun to superspeed all over the place.

One thing that bothered me was that after death, you fall out of the sky and spawn so deep into the wilderness that I couldn't find the town again.

Begogo8786

Mar 19, 2018
Watching you develop this game gets me excites me to make my own games. It's pretty incredible what you can make as a lone developer. hopefully I will get on your level some day.

looking at your labs posts I can tell you're really talented. Don't get too bogged down by everyone's input and trying implement 10 million things at once.

You've got my support. It will be really cool to see this projects continued development.

oxking72

Apr 29, 2017
Can't seem to go past 1280x720 on the resolution side in options. I'm on a 1440p monitor.

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
Working on some sounds, AI, and animation this week.
The slime girl almost has a full set of animations. She still needs 2 more scenes to cover all of her basic animations and then it's just a matter of setting things up in game. I've also been working on some test animations with her for the grappling system and the non-violent systems. Those animations will probably be placeholder at first until I get the systems sorted out but I'm hoping to have at least some of that stuff working in the next build. The animations also tie in pretty heavily to how I end up implementing the actual mechanics and the AI that then uses those mechanics. It's like I'm juggling 3 different systems at once and then trying to get them all to fit together correctly. It might take a few iterations.

I also started implementing sounds. At the moment I'm using assets from the marketplace to see what the workflow is like. I really didn't realize how much goes into the sound work on games and I'm pretty sure I've only just scratched the surface. So far I've added just a few basic sounds on things like sword swings and footsteps. I need to look into adding a volume control in the options menu now too.

I know one of the ways people get around all that is having a seperate file that the game scans for & loads extra content if found. Like how the huniepop guys did their uncensor patch.
I've seen those workarounds and I can definitely appreciate them. I'm sorry to say that for my project at this point in time managing multiple builds, plugin files, and the content to go along with them is just way out of scope as a solo developer.

The sprint system is crazy. I know it's probably a placeholder, but it's actually really fun to superspeed all over the place.

One thing that bothered me was that after death, you fall out of the sky and spawn so deep into the wilderness that I couldn't find the town again.
Yeah the superspeed sprint is just placeholder for now to let people cruise around the map and see everything faster. At some point I'll slow it down but I'll most likely keep it as a console command toggle. It's funny, when I'm taking a break from working on map edits I'll just cruise around the world at top speed and see if I can launch off from one of the mountains and land on a specific tree top.

The death thing and falling out of the sky is something I missed in that last build that came with the map changing. I forgot to drop in a new spawn point. It should be fixed in the next build. In the meantime the easiest workaround is to make a save beforehand and then loading that instead of running back to town.

Watching you develop this game gets me excites me to make my own games. It's pretty incredible what you can make as a lone developer. hopefully I will get on your level some day.

looking at your labs posts I can tell you're really talented. Don't get too bogged down by everyone's input and trying implement 10 million things at once.

You've got my support. It will be really cool to see this projects continued development.
Thanks! It's partly stubbornness I think, but also I really enjoy doing this stuff. I can pretty happily sit down and sculpt characters for hours. I also have a long way to go as a developer, there's so many things to learn and improve at but at the same time what better way to do that than to make a game?
But you're right about the dangers of getting bogged down with input and trying to do everything at once. I'm still learning and trying to find a balance for all of this stuff.
Thanks again, I really do appreciate the kind words and the support.

Can't seem to go past 1280x720 on the resolution side in options. I'm on a 1440p monitor.
Yeah, I think the resolution auto detect is a bit funky in the options menu. It's supposed to pick up your monitor's native resolution. I may have to hardcode in some of the more common screen resolutions in the future.
But for now if you don't mind changing some ini files - C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PF\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

Reactions: oxking72 and Vima

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
mino_wip_01.jpg

Found a little bit of time to do some sculpting. This guy still needs a lot of love like some actual hair and a loincloth that isn't just a placeholder. I threw a rough version of him into the game to get an idea of how he would relate to the other characters. He's a full head taller than the human characters and I think he'll be properly intimidating when he's done.

Most of the week was spent working on the slime girl assets. I almost have all of her scenes in game, setup, and working. There's a few bugs I need to work out with her attack animations.

The non-violent systems are also coming along. There's a few kinks that I need to figure out like when exactly an NPC will use non-violent options and when they'll just use regular attacks. At the moment I have it set that if the player doesn't have a weapon readied in their hand then the slime girl will use the non-violent options but once the player readies a weapon then the slime girl will use regular attacks. This whole system will probably take some iteration but I think this will be a solid first step.

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
download_button5.jpg

Finished a lot of groundwork in this build. The systems for non-combat encounters are all in place. NPCs can now trigger dialogue barks, animations, stun the player, and grapple with the player. The player can also now trigger sex scenes through dialogue alone.

Quick notes:
Head out either town gate and somewhere off to the left there should be a slime girl walking around.
If you want to see the tease, stun, and grapple features don't have a weapon readied in your hand and she should just automatically come up to you. This is just the rough basis of these systems which will be fleshed out in the future.

The slime girl's weapon attack animations are placeholder.
She is the only NPC with all of the new systems implemented.

Version 1.5 Changelist:

• Tease/Stun attacks initial testing version
  • Grapple System initial testing version
  • AI has a basic concept of if the player has a weapon equipped and readied
  • Slime girl full animation scenes
  • Slime girl texture polish
  • Implemented a few sounds
  • Dialogue option to skip directly to sex scenes
  • Vendor system was updated so that vendors will pull inventory from an actual container - the blacksmith is currently the only one with this setup. Gold isn't being charged yet so that testing is easier.
  • Character creation polish - new color preset options for some categories and UI layout tweaks
  • Tavern has blockout temporary assets for interior props
  • Spawning after being defeated in combat should work now
  • Hotkeys for speeding up time (insert), slowing down time (delete), pause (end), reset timescale to normal (home). Also added an unlock camera with a weapon readied (equals), and toggle HUD(backspace).

Dongman

Aug 5, 2017
Alright, I kinda accidentally played version 1.4 rather than the most recent one, so most of the issues I've encountered have likely been fixed. I also have to play on the lowest settings for my laptop to run it stably, so that could be causing issues as well. first, the slimes and imps can't attack, and don't seem to have any working animations. Second, though I think this was fixed, dying causes you to respawn in the middle of the map, where everything is completely empty. Though, wandering through that gave me an idea. What if in the game map, there was a large, ominous barren area like that in the game, sparsely filled with powerful, otherworldly creatures (that want to fuck your character of course), used to sort of separate certain areas? It could act as a sort of challenge the player would have to either find their way around, or level up and get strong enough gear/companions (if party members are gonna be a thing) to power their way through?

Bohrain

May 10, 2019
CoC had some real good core features and I always wish other smut games managed to replicate them.
Though I can't say I'm too optimistic about any of the 3D games, the time spent on assets and systems easily becomes enormous in comparison to text-based games with some art.

Reactions: Pigfarmer
3.60 star(s) 18 Votes