Dongman

Aug 5, 2017
I have now played v1.5, and I gotta say, the slime animations are really goddamn good. It seems the imps don't have any yet though. Also, sometimes when re-spawning the sex menu doesn't go away.

Reactions: Darkil

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
Just wanted to drop a quick update.
I was able to find some time for bug fixes this week. Did a few AI sanity checks so they stop breaking things as much. They should be a bit more reliable when choosing when and how to attack and they also shouldn't leave the scenes menu open after defeat anymore.

I think fixed the worst of the camera clipping through walls. That offset over the characters shoulder would make it clip through walls that were on the characters' right hand side. I'm still testing the fix but so far so good.

Finally lots of design work and the first "dungeon" has been started. I'm trying to keep the scope small to one or two rooms and focusing on getting the visuals and feel right. The plan is to use this to prove out the rest of the features needed for a basic questing system, faction relation interactions, and the player reputation system. This is one of the final steps before moving to alpha.

CoC had some real good core features and I always wish other smut games managed to replicate them.
Though I can't say I'm too optimistic about any of the 3D games, the time spent on assets and systems easily becomes enormous in comparison to text-based games with some art.
Hah, tell me about it. There's so much content in CoC it's crazy. There's also the issue of translating things into a 3d realtime game. Just implementing a sex system that's functional and not too clunky is a ton of work. At the same time, it's a lot of fun and really cool when things work and you get to see the character you've been working on running around in game.

But generally I'm going to need to put limits on a number of the systems that I'm borrowing from CoC. The transformation system is something I'm going to be working on relatively soon but I'll need to put limits on how far the player can transform themselves. Everything from the current character editor will be supported of course, but I don't think I'll be able to let the player transform themselves into an imp or a goblin completely. But they should be able to have an imp's tail and horns eventually.

But what are your favorite core features from CoC that would work well and that people would like to see in a 3d realtime game?

I have now played v1.5, and I gotta say, the slime animations are really goddamn good. It seems the imps don't have any yet though. Also, sometimes when re-spawning the sex menu doesn't go away.
Oh good, I saw your post before this and I was going to recommend grabbing 1.5 as I was able to fix some of the issues you mentioned and the slime girl got her update. The imp guy I still haven't had the time to animate yet, he's on the todo list still. I'm glad you like the slime girl's animations too. I put a lot of time into trying to up the animation quality with her. She still needs the special effects and sounds to really sell her better but I like how well she's coming along. The goal is to go back and polish or replace the old placeholder animations that I have on the humans and goblins.

As to your idea for the large ominous barren location on the map I'm with you. I was thinking to use that one large mountain on the map almost like Mt Doom in the middle of Mordor or something similar. I know it's been done before but it just works so well. That will be end game content though and so is still a considerable amount of time until it needs to be fully fleshed out. But at the moment I'm thinking lots of succubi and incubi running around.

Reactions: Dongman

Bohrain

May 10, 2019
But what are your favorite core features from CoC that would work well and that people would like to see in a 3d realtime game?
I don't really know if the things that made CoC good would work in a 3D game. That thing had tons of content that pandered to tons of fetishes on top of the transformation mechanics.
A shitton of transformation items that don't require redoing the meshes for player characters would be a start. And corruption mechanics that has some in-game reactivity, like unlocking sex scenes or guest choices.

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
mino_wip_03.jpg
Current state of the minotaur - beefed up his legs and changed up his face based upon people's feedback. I did like the last version of his face so that isn't disappearing completely I'll most likely roll that into some demon character at some point in the future.

I've been mostly working on the quest system and other various odds and ends over the holidays.
The Quest system is almost done. I'm implementing the very first quest right now and seeing what other features I need to add. But it's there, there's a Skyrim like quest journal that is in and seems to be working. With the quest also comes the very first "dungeon". I'm keeping it straightforward and basic for this first test case. In the future the dungeons will get larger and more complex.

The Imp also now has facial expressions. I still need to hook those up to the rig inside of maya and then it'll be time to start on his actual animations.

I've been working on a lot of environment work, bug fixes, and trying to make the save system more stable. Oh, and the title screen should finally load the character from the most recent save game. That feature took me a lot longer to get working than I expected.

I don't really know if the things that made CoC good would work in a 3D game. That thing had tons of content that pandered to tons of fetishes on top of the transformation mechanics.
A shitton of transformation items that don't require redoing the meshes for player characters would be a start. And corruption mechanics that has some in-game reactivity, like unlocking sex scenes or guest choices.
Yeah, CoC really shows where you can go after years of development time.
That does sound like a good start. I'll need to figure out how to handle the corruption mechanics without falling into something like the binary systems from games like Mass Effect that lock the player into a specific style of play.
The quests are coming too I just need to finish the basics of those systems first.
Thank for the feedback!

So, endless bugs, chicken kicking contest and dick nipples in text format ?
That was last week actually, this week corporate came in and said the board of directors want a battle royale game like Fort Royale, or ClashNite. But the finance guys also want to make something with a low barrier for entry that they can easily monetize so the characters will have to move themselves and play the game for you, like those new autochess things and there will be collectible cards that we can outsource all of the artwork to Russia for pennies and then turn around and sell for $20 per card. The kids love that stuff.

Phew, thanks that was cathartic. I'm joking of course. The actual game plan I have is to take most of the mechanics from Skyrim like the combat systems, controls, camera views, all that sort of thing, then the art style and overall feel from Fable, and finally the sex from CoC. I regularly post updates and a new proof of concept build comes out roughly every month. It's rough around the edges still but there's been steady progress and I'm really excited about where the project is going.

aren't the bodies kind of big compared to the heads
There's such a wide range of shapes, sizes, and proportions in games that I really think it comes down to personal taste. I always think back to that one guy in Gearbox's Battleborn game, the one with the giant chest and really tiny head. But for Feign I really just went with a style that I personally like and that I'm comfortable working in.

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
That was last week actually, this week corporate came in and said the board of directors want a battle royale game like Fort Royale, or ClashNite. But the finance guys also want to make something with a low barrier for entry that they can easily monetize so the characters will have to move themselves and play the game for you, like those new autochess things and there will be collectible cards that we can outsource all of the artwork to Russia for pennies and then turn around and sell for $20 per card. The kids love that stuff.

Phew, thanks that was cathartic. I'm joking of course. The actual game plan I have is to take most of the mechanics from Skyrim like the combat systems, controls, camera views, all that sort of thing, then the art style and overall feel from Fable, and finally the sex from CoC. I regularly post updates and a new proof of concept build comes out roughly every month. It's rough around the edges still but there's been steady progress and I'm really excited about where the project is going.
Add paid lootboxes,season pass and ending in DLC and you have a deal.
This is how big companies run show and look how much monies they earn.

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
archer_wip_01.jpg

Working on creating the early game clothing sets. This one is sort of a blend between Legend (the movie from 1985) and the Legend of Zelda. At some point I want to make the scale mail from the end of Legend as well. I'm also still trying to find the best body shape for sculpting so that the outfits will fit all of the different body shape combinations. So far it seems like this middle half bulky body shape works the best but showing off the sculpts doesn't look as impressive as if it was on one of the more extreme body types that are in the game.

The low poly and the base texture bakes for the minotaur are finished. Working on the textures then it'll be time for rigging.

Also had a chance to do some environment work. Trying to start detailing the areas directly around the town which means making some new trees and new farm buildings.

Add paid lootboxes,season pass and ending in DLC and you have a deal.
This is how big companies run show and look how much monies they earn.
Oh man, it makes me so sad that gaming companies keep pushing all these monetization methods on players. The last studio I was at I asked why we couldn't just make really cool skins and then sell them for a fair price to the players and I would get some really nebulous answer about how that wouldn't work, or the finance guys said that loot boxes and trading cards make more return on investment. It seemed like it was always about tricking people out of their money instead of just selling a quality product.

It's reaaly ambitious indeed
Haha, yes it is. But that's also a huge part of what makes it fun.

Reactions: Vima and blargballs

Dongman

Aug 5, 2017
I realize it might not be you're thing, but considering this game's gonna take inspiration from CoC and all, could femboy/trap stuff be added to the game eventually? If so, more gay animations would be nice, considering as of now there's only a blowjob option.

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
mino_wip_04.jpg
Quick update this week I had time to finish the low poly, the bakes, and then get some rough base textures on the minotaur. I'll keep updating the textures as I go and while I'm working on the rig.
Most of the week was eaten up moving to a new place. Now I'm just waiting on my stuff to be delivered so I can put my computer back on a proper desk and get it off the kitchen counter.

I realize it might not be you're thing, but considering this game's gonna take inspiration from CoC and all, could femboy/trap stuff be added to the game eventually? If so, more gay animations would be nice, considering as of now there's only a blowjob option.
Yes, that is the plan at least. I'm in the process of polishing the original human on human animations right now and then I'll start working on new animations. I've had a few people mention already that I should add more gay animations in, so that stuff is on the to do list. Is there specific examples for femboy/trap content that you're thinking of? It seems like the artists I'm familiar with that create that sort of content mostly focus on mostly human characters (I'm thinking of Dmitrys and InCase). Or are there "monster" versions that I could put into the game? Since so far I have a monster that's super feminine and now the minotaur could be considered super masculine it would be cool to add something in between.

Reactions: Dongman and Vima

Dongman

Aug 5, 2017
Yes, that is the plan at least. I'm in the process of polishing the original human on human animations right now and then I'll start working on new animations. I've had a few people mention already that I should add more gay animations in, so that stuff is on the to do list. Is there specific examples for femboy/trap content that you're thinking of? It seems like the artists I'm familiar with that create that sort of content mostly focus on mostly human characters (I'm thinking of Dmitrys and InCase). Or are there "monster" versions that I could put into the game? Since so far I have a monster that's super feminine and now the minotaur could be considered super masculine it would be cool to add something in between.
by specific examples, do you mean like artists, or character examples? for artists, I know 0Lightsource is a good one, BlazinAhegao, AXRED7 (one of my favorites), CombosnDoodles, and Dross are all good examples as well. For characters, a few good examples I can think of would be Dark Sun Gwyndolin from Dark Souls, Griffith from Berserk, Angelo Sauper from Gundam Unicorn, and then there's much more obvious examples like Astolfo and Gerudo Link
For non human examples, something like Gwyndolin would probably fit that bill, but 4 other ideas I can think of would be male (but still highly feminine) slimes, goblin femboys, something like the sand trap from CoC but with an actual dick rather than the egg laying thing I forgot the name of, and fish people (not the furry kind, think more like Undyne or Abe from Hellboy) who are traps

VoxHound

May 30, 2018
so i am really interested because i love fable and ive clocked over 3k hours in skyrim. genuinely asking should i get my hopes up for this? ive never heard of it, so that is worrisome and 89.9% of patron games dont seem to ever get finished. i want to believe in this but being let down would suck

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
so i am really interested because i love fable and ive clocked over 3k hours in skyrim. genuinely asking should i get my hopes up for this? ive never heard of it, so that is worrisome and 89.9% of patron games dont seem to ever get finished. i want to believe in this but being let down would suck
As much as I like the game so far and the idea of it I'd say you should never get your hopes up and tempter expectations, as with anything else. The updates have been consistent, the dev has made changes based on feedback and converses regularly with those who speak directly to him, it certainly ticks a lot of the boxes on the "Looks p good" list. The only problem being the lack of patrons and being relatively unknown but as the gameplay gets more fleshed out I think that will change.

slaen

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2017
Holy shit I can run fast in this game xD about 100 mph
Lol, yeah I've been leaving super speed turned on in the game so that people can get around faster and easier to check out the map. This will get turned off and probably put into a cheat menu in the future though.

by specific examples, do you mean like artists, or character examples? for artists, I know 0Lightsource is a good one, BlazinAhegao, AXRED7 (one of my favorites), CombosnDoodles, and Dross are all good examples as well. For characters, a few good examples I can think of would be Dark Sun Gwyndolin from Dark Souls, Griffith from Berserk, Angelo Sauper from Gundam Unicorn, and then there's much more obvious examples like Astolfo and Gerudo Link
For non human examples, something like Gwyndolin would probably fit that bill, but 4 other ideas I can think of would be male (but still highly feminine) slimes, goblin femboys, something like the sand trap from CoC but with an actual dick rather than the egg laying thing I forgot the name of, and fish people (not the furry kind, think more like Undyne or Abe from Hellboy) who are traps
Awesome thanks! Those examples are perfect. It'll take a bit of time but I'll start getting some of this stuff in the works. The only thing I'm hesitant about is telegraphing it to players who don't want to interact with that sort of content. As an example if I put a dick onto the current slimegirl I'd probably also change the character's color to something different just so that way players would know to either run away or not depending on their preferences.

Hah, believe me I hear you on this one. As the creator of the game I'm probably supposed to be like "absolutely, with your help and support this game will be finish on xmas of 20xx. Be sure to smash that like and subscribe!". But the harsh reality is I could get hit by a car tomorrow. But with that said I've been keeping to a relatively consistent release schedule and I try to post updates on a weekly basis of just what I've been working on during that week to the patreon. Those dev updates if you you wanted to dig up the loverslab thread I have, go back to the beginning of last year. So, at least it isn't one of those super cash grabs where it gets dropped in a month. But yeah, I'd say if you're hesitant then keep an eye on the project and if / when it gets to a point where you feel it's worth supporting then you can decide then.
Also on the whole advertising thing, I don't know how some devs find the time to advertise so much. Nearly all of my time I spend working on the game, which I think is more fun than making new youtube videos.

As much as I like the game so far and the idea of it I'd say you should never get your hopes up and tempter expectations, as with anything else. The updates have been consistent, the dev has made changes based on feedback and converses regularly with those who speak directly to him, it certainly ticks a lot of the boxes on the "Looks p good" list. The only problem being the lack of patrons and being relatively unknown but as the gameplay gets more fleshed out I think that will change.
Thanks, I completely agree and endorse this message. I'm really hoping that the gameplay will speak for itself and that then things will gain momentum once it gets to that point.

Dongman

Aug 5, 2017
Awesome thanks! Those examples are perfect. It'll take a bit of time but I'll start getting some of this stuff in the works. The only thing I'm hesitant about is telegraphing it to players who don't want to interact with that sort of content. As an example if I put a dick onto the current slimegirl I'd probably also change the character's color to something different just so that way players would know to either run away or not depending on their preferences.
making them different colors is a great idea for players who want to avoid that kind of content! Another solution would be to have an option to just turn off gay content alltogether, but it's understandable if that's not possible. I'll be fine either way though lmao

By the way, will it at any point be possible for players to get companions? If so, would it be possible for the player to change how they look with transformation items or something like that?

VoxHound

May 30, 2018
Well the quick response and realistic attitude I can appreciate. I'll pledge to your patreon on friday

princeofparties

Jun 25, 2019
Is the combat system a final decision, or is it subject to change? Because I honestly found one of the least enjoyable parts of Skyrim to be the combat system. I hate to be a downer, but I thought I'd share my opinion about it.

3.60 star(s) 18 Votes