MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
I get what you're saying. But also to be realistic, I don't want 20 locations with 3 events random each, I would prefer 5 locations with 30 random events and a mini story line that's interesting. What I'm worried about is Crush wanting to mix the 2 and getting 30 location with 100 random events each with its own mini story that can interact with the main.

I just want him to realize that he can't, not with a reduced team (3 people ?), and even that overrall, as an artist/a writer, he has to make concessions, everything can't be perfect, nor exactly the way you want it to be, that's okay, that's life. But it's been 3 years now, and even if Bangcock is implemented in the next release, I'm fearful that it will indeed be... Not enough.

Reactions: Breezerr and Rixen
Apr 3, 2019
There are tons of ways to describe and in the end half of them will scream again on F95 that it is too little and that it takes too long to implement everything. But it is not only the beach that has to be considered, but also the 20 (?, Probably more) other locations and times of day.
The team (I'm going to "blame" the team rather than just Crush specifically) has been struggling to move past a mostly linear intro. I'm not using the word "struggle" lightly, I'm not even saying "It's taking too long", I'm using struggling because that's what the Patreon status reports say. Do you honestly think they can implement that in a satisfying manner in a reasonable time? From a team that is, again, struggling to write a scene for (arguably) a fairly generic one night stand scene? I'm sure they'll struggle for weeks to consider what words to use when Kate gets confronted by someone that saw her topless in the beach.

It's the equivalent of saying "our bakery will have baguettes, sourdough, sandwich bread, all kinds of croissants and pastries both savoury and sweet" when the team is struggling to bake a frozen pizza. Or actually, it's more like they're baking that frozen pizza just fine, but they want to add the perfect basil leaf to it. For months.

I mean, if they want to keep working at it for 10 more years, then sure, they might be able to get it working! But both parties (supporters and developers) tend to burn out long before that

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
... a reduced team (3 people ?),...
Go to the game page of FA and then Credits.

CREDITS

The creator
Crushstation

Coders
- Hyneman
- Lara
- TommyGun

Writers
- Dissonant soundtrack
- Esclavage
- Falloutbabe

Artists
- Victoria

Special Thanks
- LockeKosta
- The Twine community
I would like to exempt myself (Falloutbabe). My appointment as a writer has less to do with writing real scenes. Rather, I have added tons of ideas and improvements, which first have to be given a clear line.
However, I am honored that Crush honored my heart and soul for the game in this way.

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
Sorry, I could only remember seeing 3 or 4 ppl on the task list, so I assumed the rest were "only" partial contributors

berny

Jun 8, 2017
That's exactly what is planned.
Bangkok should be freely accessible. That means the agent plans his daily routine himself.
For the first 1 or 2 weeks he will still be taken by the hand to explain and introduce some things, but afterwards it is up to the player himself what Kate does.

Of course she will have duties. It must fulfill its mission but also be present in the HCC. But it should be clear to everyone that her day will not be properly divided into 8h sleep, 8h HCC, 2h for meals, 2h for body care, 2h espionage and 2h free time.

Here it is now a matter of bringing various NPCs into play that can intersperse clues, start side missions, or simply be friends.
Kate can start her day with a visit to the beach or go shopping, or just stay in bed longer and get up at noon.

Of course, many actions have to be scripted. So you have to think about what could happen to her on the beach. To do this, a random system must be installed so that this happens irregularly. And then you have to consider how many ways Kate (and with the new engine) would interact with each other.

There are tons of ways to describe and in the end half of them will scream again on F95 that it is too little and that it takes too long to implement everything. But it is not only the beach that has to be considered, but also the 20 (?, Probably more) other locations and times of day.
That sounds great, sure, but I have a question. When do you expect the game to have like 2 hours of said gameplay in Bangkok? Just a wild guess, in years if you want. Or more importantly. What period of time would you say is acceptable. I'm not trying to be clever or anything, I'm just curious how you can be so optimistic after the development so far has been, let's face it, a desaster in terms of content. I just find it very hard to believe, that, if the dev doesn't make a major cut at some point and throws out 50% of planned content, the game will ever deliver what you described. Unless we actually are talking about 2030+.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breezerr and JasDoc

HeelsMaiden

Mar 22, 2019
Thanks for the tip. I'm not a big fan of the art (looks kind of washed-out), but the rest sounds very promising.
I'm not that big on the art as well actually (prefer FA's art) but it's far from a deal breaker for me. The art follows the same style of GGGB actually.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
I'm not that big on the art as well actually (prefer FA's art) but it's far from a deal breaker for me. The art follows the same style of GGGB actually.
Yeah, the model (GGGB) is pretty obvious. That's totally fine. "Better copied well than badly made" or what's the saying. I do like GGGB's art better though, it's sharper and clearer (for the lack of better words). But yeah, when the rest is good I also have no real problem with it.
I also like FA's art, to get back to topic. :) Suits the game very well.

PilotLara

Jan 16, 2019
I feel there is a misconception about the actual size of the developers team so I'll try to clear that up.

The credits page also includes ex-contributors. Crush is the only one that works full time on this game. He commissions the art pieces from an artist, she is not involved in the game whatsoever.
There are no dedicated writers for the game either, everyone that is mentioned as writer has contributed story to the game at one point or another as a fan, albeit ideas, snippets or scenes etc.
While it may seem like it, the two coders are not full time either. I am nothing more but a fan that contributes free code out of interest in my spare time.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

ScarletCrow

Mar 14, 2017
I feel there is a misconception about the actual size of the developers team so I'll try to clear that up.

The credits page also includes ex-contributors. Crush is the only one that works full time on this game. He commissions the art pieces from an artist, she is not involved in the game whatsoever.
There are no dedicated writers for the game either, everyone that is mentioned as writer has contributed story to the game at one point or another as a fan, albeit ideas, snippets or scenes etc.
While it may seem like it, the two coders are not full time either. I am nothing more but a fan that contributes free code out of interest in my spare time.

I hope that clears it up a bit.
This clears up a lot, thanks.

Thanks for the clarification. Thats personnaly scary in my perspective, especially the "no dedicated writer" part.
Crush is the dedicated writer. He's also the dedicated art director, scene coder, gameplay designer, QA, and release manager. :)

• Haha
Reactions: JasDoc
Apr 3, 2019
Thanks for the clarification. Thats personnaly scary in my perspective, especially the "no dedicated writer" part.
Well, considering what we've seen, it "just" means the timeframes need to go one order of magnitude higher: Something that would usually take a day will take a week, something that would take a week will take a month, and something that would take a month will take a year.

Reactions: JasDoc

yiyoiyi

Nov 24, 2017
Is there a walkthrough for this game? I feel like sometime when I play from the start I lose some scenes I like and I'd like to know how to get them

Greygaruda

Oct 15, 2017
The author of this game has severe scope creep issues, with the vision of the project expanding inch by inch and the workload exponentially growing with it. The team doesn't grow to accommodate this, but once the new plans and features are put out into the world it feels like a promise to the patrons. Especially when you slip a deadline, which is a broken promise, the pressure to meet the next one goes up and the stress goes up, but when they keep slipping you by one by one, you feel like you've lost control of the project. Meanwhile patrons are getting frustrated increasingly, and comparisons to other notorious projects spring up.

I have no idea, but I imagine right now crush is radio silent because he dreads admitting he missed it again. Totally fixated on this vision for a split path sex scene with Max, which is totally unnecessary to the summary quality of the project. If he said tomorrow fuck it, this is too hard, we'll just make it balcony only and I'm moving on to bangkok as originally planned I don't think a single soul would mind except him.

He spends a lot of time on meta practices and organisational strategies, but I don't think his mental health self-care is especially good nor is his ability to manage scope/vision creep or his awareness of how quickly he fixates and misses the forest for the trees.

Kristof29

Aug 6, 2016
If by regular updates you mean posting on patreon, then yes there will be plenty of updates. If you mean updates that move the game forward in a tangible sense then no. He has been messing with the dubai bed scenes for 2 months and he has gone dark again. Expect an apology 'update' followed promises to do better.

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
Crush after missing a deadline : "Im sorry about that and I promise it will never happen again. If it does, I promise I wont go radio silent"

Everyone : Okay that's fair. Good luck and please dont burn yourself out...

Crush after missing the very next deadline :

slkasdjf

Mar 27, 2018
i could be wrong, i just think it's not likely crush will take 1 year between updates, the things that caused it to take a year (sex mechanics overhaul are done with).
The sex mechanics aren't what caused the update to take a year - or at least they aren't the root cause. The reason the updates take so long is

1. Crush is trying to code complicated interactions on a platform designed to make CYOA style stories

and 2. Crush doesn't know how to leave good enough alone

This game has actually made me realize how important good project managers are. Having someone whose sole job is to make sure that developer time isn't wasted is exactly what this game needs.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes