cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
Yep. It's a grind no matter how good the mechanics or the writing are because it's a repetitive task with people who are not even characters in the story. So breaking it down...

We can break down repetition:
a) type of sex (Missionary/doggystyle etc.)
b) location (Brothel/Bed)
c) type of character (brothel client instead of a named story character)
d) purpose (to get paid/satisfy)

The only way to make a repetitive tasks like this interesting is to change each one of these factors each time, to basically surprise the reader (or hell even surprise the MC) or to keep the factors the same but have some sort of escalation. Escalation is what most games do to sort of mitigate the problem. She starts with handjobs for example, then works her way up to more daring types of intercourse. But this only really addresses point a) type of sex. everything else stays the same, so everything else repeats.

If it was me? I wouldn't even do what you said and have a skill check. I'd make it so she somehow starts serving special clients that have to do with the story. You can even make some of the clients side stories too that she can meet outside of the brothel. IE. every interaction with them now becomes meaningful because they are actually a named character instead of c) type of client (a brothel client).

To put it another way what makes games enjoyable is if they are meaningful to play. The whole point of all this customization crush built was to increase *meaningfulness* and to re-state what someone else said here (Beggarman)... emotion in the game matters too. reducing a sex scene to some dice rolls and mechanics won't be enough you need writing to elevate the emotions.
nah man the brothel part wont be a grind. it's not gonna be a thing at all. 4 months gets us bug fixes and QoL improvements. new content will require at least 1-2 years.

i shouldn't complain too much tho, i have really enjoyed what it currently there and have spent a good 2-3 hours on it

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Thats the truth. First when I discovered this game I was amazed and didnt understand why people were angry. Now I see that without a doubt this game is a money milking cash grab.
Me too! I was even his supporter for 2 months and was happy about daily Dev updates at Patreon. But I didn't knew back then this is the trap. I have to admit that's a great tactic to milking.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidaHanna and Rixen

Kendall99

Mar 20, 2019
This seemed promising when the first demo was released and I was an early supporter on Patreon. After months of nothing I cancelled and just check back every now and then to see if there's any real progress. It's beyond me why people keep on paying when they're getting so little in return.

I guess this creator is at least keeping people informed and releasing something. Bizarrely there are still people supporting SimBro and other dead games despite the developers being MIA for years.

Nomine sine

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
I don't understand why this game has such a high rating. Creator stoped game progress smth like a year ago.

jamiroq

May 2, 2019
Almost as if there should be 2 ratings:
1st for perceived quality of the game
2nd for perceived quality and frequency of updates

Combining them into a one review does seem nearly impossible.
Imposhhible I tellsh ya

bdrk88

Oct 20, 2016
not sure if im impressed or sad he is getting 5k a month while doing nothing for a year and yet people don't remove their pledges, do they actually forget they are subscribed and it keeps going?

Reactions: RealAhab
Apr 3, 2019
Almost as if there should be 2 ratings:
1st for perceived quality of the game
2nd for perceived quality and frequency of updates

Combining them into a one review does seem nearly impossible.
Imposhhible I tellsh ya
Well, not quite. The thing is; if you were to give an objective review, since the game is unfinished it would always be a bad one.

In other words, you have two options (if you want to give a single review):

- Game is not in early access. Review will instantly be a negative one because, well, the game is not finished. It's really hard to rate a game positively if it's unfinished. Yes, the brick walls in your new house might look great but...it's not house I can live in yet, sorry
- Game is in early access. We akcnowledge that and give the developer some "trust", we review the game according to the rate of progress. House is obviously not something I can move into yet, but they're finishing a new room every week, so I trust them.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Nothing more fun than all the virtue-signallers who absolutely *know* that this dev is a scam artist... in spite of the fact that they don't know anything about him or her at all, actually.

The game certainly has been a disappointment, but none of the freeloaders who dump on its developer have any more credibility than the dev does.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
To use your analogy: Unfortuetly this is the equivelent of going to your new house that is being built every month, and litterly seeing the workers just sitting on their asses doing nothing, with not even a wall having been built.

The game was dead only 2 months into its development, thats wen meaningfull updates stoped, and all we got was so called QoL updates and "quote on quote: bugfixes"

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
not sure if im impressed or sad he is getting 5k a month while doing nothing for a year and yet people don't remove their pledges, do they actually forget they are subscribed and it keeps going?
Probably lots of people like me who think a dollar a month is worth gambling on, given the potential payoff. it's not like Crush has just walked away from the project; he's actually probably the best dev I patronize when it comes to communicating with patrons. His problem is that he took WAY too long to realize that "better if the enemy of good enough" and he got stuck in "make the existing stuff better before moving on" for more than a year.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
To use your analogy: Unfortuetly this is the equivelent of going to your new house that is being built every month, and litterly seeing the workers just sitting on their asses doing nothing, with not even a wall having been built.

The game was dead only 2 months into its development, thats wen meaningfull updates stoped, and all we got was so called QoL updates and "quote on quote: bugfixes"
I can tell hat you are not a patron, because your analogy is the very opposite of what patrons have seen. To use your analogy but make it accurate, it should read "this is the equivelent of going to your under-construction house every month, and literately seeing the workers working their asses off pouring the foundations, deciding that they are not quite the right size, depth, or whatever, tearing the foundations up, and re-pouring, with not even a wall having yet been built."

The problem with the game is wasted man-hours, not man-hours never invested.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

That's not really fair, it's more like they have a few walls built but keep tearing them down and rebuilding them because they aren't quite right, and we're beginning to suspect they don't know how to add a roof.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes