RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Reviewing a WIP like it was a finished product is self-evidently pants on head retarded. To continue the house-under-construction analogy you can hardly assess its actual habitability and comfort while the damn plumbing hasn't even been installed yet and half the floor is open to get assorted infra in place - but you can certainly take a gander at the workmanship on display and overall care and quality of the work, and are allowed to get pretty grumpy if the contractor keeps slipping schedules...

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
not sure if im impressed or sad he is getting 5k a month while doing nothing for a year and yet people don't remove their pledges, do they actually forget they are subscribed and it keeps going?

Probably... once people subscribe to something, if it's not too expensive, sometimes they'll just forget about it.

Nomine sine

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
Reviewing a WIP like it was a finished product is self-evidently pants on head retarded. To continue the house-under-construction analogy you can hardly assess its actual habitability and comfort while the damn plumbing hasn't even been installed yet and half the floor is open to get assorted infra in place - but you can certainly take a gander at the workmanship on display and overall care and quality of the work, and are allowed to get pretty grumpy if the contractor keeps slipping schedules...
Shedule postponed indefenetly. Every month we have walls painted another color. Sometimes you ask about second floor, but your contracor says that he used blue color for the walls and now he understands that the walls must be yellow and until then he won't do nothing. And you remind him that he already repainted the walls quite a few times. But contractor stubbornly continue to recolor the walls. When you turn around to leave he stops you. Money, he says, now. Surpised you look at him for a moment then ask - but you did nothing for almost a year! I recolored the walls - he answers proudly.

tkyash

Jul 31, 2017
I played this game a couple of years ago. I was impressed by the mechanics and the customization options. When i played two years ago, the farthest I could get to was the sex scene in Dubai. After going through the forum and checking the change logs regularly, it seems there has been little to no development in terms of story. The thread itself is almost 3 years old now. I'm surprised so many people still support the game. In my opinion, there are tons of other games that deserve the support. Don't get me wrong, this project is really ambitious but the lack of progress has to be frustrating. I hope for the sake of all the supporters this story has a good ending.

Apalos

Oct 7, 2017
So is the Patreon version also the Supporter version? Can't pick multi kinks or go up to E cup. Or am I missing something?

Reactions: Mrbanjo

idungoofd

Feb 7, 2019
After going through the forum and checking the change logs regularly, it seems there has been little to no development in terms of story. The thread itself is almost 3 years old now.
Totally, for a html text-heavy format it shouldn't take 3 years to just finish the first part of the story, considering we haven't even started the actual mission as outlined in the origin premise of the game.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's not really fair, it's more like they have a few walls built but keep tearing them down and rebuilding them because they aren't quite right, and we're beginning to suspect they don't know how to add a roof.
Lets face it, if i start to make a game, and then continuesly only update and bugfix the very stuff i have already released, without releasing meaningfull content added to that, withing a timespan of 6 months, then im scamming the hell out of all of you. Most of what is being done is either not nearly worth a 6 month effort, or simply is idee's a modder would likely have come up with.

Imean, 6 months for some bug fixing and adding the names of a few cities in the world, yet the main focus of the story hasnt moved beyond the training face since .....ages.

Stop defending practices of scammers.

But with that lets agree to disagee, and not let this thread derail in an argument between us, we both have our opinion, and they just dont match. So lets stop wasting eachothers time as well as the viewers of this thread by ceasing any further comments on each others point of view. No disrespect meant, i swear.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Shedule postponed indefenetly. Every month we have walls painted another color. Sometimes you ask about second floor, but your contracor says that he used blue color for the walls and now he understands that the walls must be yellow and until then he won't do nothing. And you remind him that he already repainted the walls quite a few times. But contractor stubbornly continue to recolor the walls. When you turn around to leave he stops you. Money, he says, now. Surpised you look at him for a moment then ask - but you did nothing for almost a year! I recolored the walls - he answers proudly.
This man gets it.

giruru

Aug 16, 2016
Yeah, I'm sure the work that goes under the hood may be a lot, but that ultimately doesn't matter. When you're working, people only care about deliverables. Nobody cares that you've crunched a billion variables last night... only that you've presented a nice report with visuals. Sucks, but people don't pay for effort.

allenjohn

Apr 12, 2018
I don't know why people even bother defending this kind of thing. I'd like to remind everyone that the Japanese more or less invented this entire Genre, and there are hundreds of Japanese devs that create and release games on a relatively consistent schedule with consistent quality all the time. They don't go months upon months, or even years with no meaningful updates. I follow a couple dozen different developers on Ci-En, and some of them have created and released MULTIPLE fantastic games in the time that this game has been in development. In some cases they work entirely solo on the game as well, creating CG, sprites, writing the game, programming it, bug-fixing it and often releasing post-launch updates that add all new content. Here's some that I like:

(Two games released since 2017, third in dev)

(Three games released since 2017, fourth in dev)

(Last game released last summer, next game scheduled for next month)

This is embarrassing, and indefensible. People are free to give money to whomever they wish, but nobody should pretend that this isn't unethical. Every single person that pays money into the development of a game for months only to receive zero new actual content and some bug fixes would be disappointed. I'm not going to go so far as to say that developers need to be sued or something, people are responsible for what they spend their money on and are equally responsible for this kind of outcome when they support a creator with a bad or inconsistent record, but the fact that people still run defense for games like this and Accidental Woman are insane to me. The Patreon model is perfectly suited to milking people for absurd amounts of money with almost zero accountability for your lack of actual effort or content and I wish more western developers would just develop the games and release them without demanding a steady stream of $5000 per month first.

Apr 3, 2019
The Patreon model is perfectly suited to milking people for absurd amounts of money with almost zero accountability for your lack of actual effort or content and I wish more western developers would just develop the games and release them without demanding a steady stream of $5000 per month first.

I want to add one important distinction: Patreon allows you to do "pay per release". So, if these developers were "honest", they could simply do a "pay per each update". It would likely cut into their earnings, but they'd be forced to publish something.

Of course, they can still game the system and do three releases in a month, each release just fixing a bug. But that's so much easier to call out and complain about (and, well, skip paying!) than just flat fee every month.

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
I want to add one important distinction: Patreon allows you to do "pay per release". So, if these developers were "honest", they could simply do a "pay per each update". It would likely cut into their earnings, but they'd be forced to publish something.

Of course, they can still game the system and do three releases in a month, each release just fixing a bug. But that's so much easier to call out and complain about (and, well, skip paying!) than just flat fee every month.
Actually they can't really game the systen with pay per release as you can put a max of 1 payment per month (think it's the default) when you are setting up payment for that. Devs don't do it because it's less money when they decide to get lazy.

Apr 3, 2019
Actually they can't really game the systen with pay per release as you can put a max of 1 payment per month (think it's the default) when you are setting up payment for that. Devs don't do it because it's less money when they decide to get lazy.
Are you sure about that? As far as I can see on Patreon's FAQ, the developer doesn't have any limit on how many "creations" they can set per month. The people that do have a limit is the patreons, as they can set a maximum amount they're willing to pay each month. So, a dev gaming the system would just be like a monthly subscription as far as earnings go, but more obviously scummy

Eltar

Mar 4, 2018
Nothing more fun than all the virtue-signallers who absolutely *know* that this dev is a scam artist... in spite of the fact that they don't know anything about him or her at all, actually.

The game certainly has been a disappointment, but none of the freeloaders who dump on its developer have any more credibility than the dev does.
Yep, that's sums it up.
The game is a disappointment, I agree completely, but the dev is absolutely not a scam artist and he is not milking anyone - if you would check his posts on Patreon, you would see that he is actually working his ass off - the problem that he is just incompetent, due to the lack of skill, knowledge and and an attitude, that's not compatible with such a big project - he literally told his patreon that he was considering abandoning his project because he felt bad that he letting his supporters down. I mean, come on...
But the point is - being bad at something is not a crime, and yet everyone who "critiques" this project tends to portrait Crush as a scammer, who "demands" money. I mean, sure, that's exactly how that works - when you agree to support a creator on Patreon you are a signing an eternal soulbound contract, which will charge a bajillion shekels from your credit cards every month. If only you'd had an option to somehow stop pledging.
I'm not saying that there aren't creators who are consciously post-poning updates for their project in order to make more money - but even in this cases you are not in any way forced to pay anything. And nor creators are required to meet expectations that you specifically set for them - and the amount of money that creators may earn from their Patreons shoudn't set any requirements either - because they don't ask for that amount of money, they are given that money from people who want to give that money to them - they may set "pay per release" system or they may not - and as long as they are not forcing anyone to pay for their games they can do what they want.

Jun 10, 2017
i don't understand why this game has made literal 0 progress in 2 years and the dev is actually going to cut content before making more. Like I get what he said, it will make things easier to add in his words, but truly just make more content and your supporters will pay more...I don't get it

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
I checked the changelog:
Version 1.6.2 – 11 May 2020
- Added new hometown options for Canadian, Aussie and Kiwi agents.
- Fixed some text that wasn't displaying properly in Dark Mode.
Version 1.6.3 – 10 September 2020
- Attached is a minor update with some bug fixes and small QOL improvements.

BWAHAHAHAHA
I guess this game is still milking Patreons for nothing.
I dont understand how can someone still defend that scammer developer.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes