DbatRT

Apr 8, 2018
Could you upload a save with all the kinks active. I've tried this method, but it didn't work.
What's the point of using someone else's save when the game has such a character editor? Why play with someone else's character? (In fact, I just don't have any saves with progress)
Here in this version, the ability to select all kinks when creating a character is unlocked.

Reactions: menatv

LeGustavoJerome

Oct 1, 2017
What's the point of using someone else's save when the game has such a character editor? Why play with someone else's character? (In fact, I just don't have any saves with progress)
Here in this version, the ability to select all kinks when creating a character is unlocked.
And play an outdated version, without freckles and beauty marks, like a fool?
Just open the console and paste:
JavaScript:
SugarCube.State.variables.pc.kinks
    .add("Bisexual")
    .add("Exhibitionist")
    .add("Likes Older Men")
    .add("Likes Rough Sex")
    .add("Promiscuous")
(And hit enter.)

Just make sure you do it after you've created your character. (After you click "Family history")

Reactions: voerman

DbatRT

Apr 8, 2018
And play an outdated version, without freckles and beauty marks, like a fool?
Just open the console and paste:
JavaScript:
SugarCube.State.variables.pc.kinks
    .add("Bisexual")
    .add("Exhibitionist")
    .add("Likes Older Men")
    .add("Likes Rough Sex")
    .add("Promiscuous")
(And hit enter.)

Just make sure you do it after you've created your character. (After you click "Family history")
So there is a difference between 1.6.2 and 1.6.3? I didn't know.

• Haha
Reactions: Enfrize
Apr 3, 2019
The wet clothing additions should only take a year or so.
Diet options come first though, flooding would affect street food options.

What, you don't believe me?

Actually, setting the agent's preferred diet is on the task list. The reason is that food (especially street food) is a huge part of Thai culture. That gives us four choices:
  1. Ignore food in the game. (Has implications for dates, and means we can't include evocative details like the smell of sizzling grilled fish in a river market, or exotic experiences like eating a scorpion on a stick on the Khao San Road)
  2. Describe food scenes in the game in vague, generic terms so it's not clear what she's actually eating. (Same as 1, just with a higher word count)
  3. Just assume she eats any animal that comes her way. (Fine, but removes an opportunity for characterisation)
  4. Let the player set a flag
I decided to do (4), since that gives writers more hooks to hang story moments on. This will be a choice the player makes in university. For most agents this will be a simple matter of choosing a preference, but we have an optional (user-contributed) scene and some artwork that will open up for agents who are vegan...

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Looking at the discussion if this game is a scam, I want to add my two cents. I´ve been around the forum for quite awhile and patroned (elsewhere too) several games and books over the years.
I do not believe FA is a scam like Dual Family became. Unlike gumdrop, who is a chronic, proven liar and all around sinkhole posting verbose manure, Crush and his team work and would be well appointed on the "Star Citizen" dev team, because they share the same flaw.
Zero understanding of what is important now and enamored with their design. I am sure both games will be great once finished, but they lost sight of what to do today instead of the next year. They are like the guys polishing the chimneys while their cellars flood from a broken pipe.
For instance Star citizen wants to be a simulation of being a space captain with his/her trusty ship and rocking the universe. One of the last updates brought a shiny, functioning underground to the player´s home city, but space travel and adventures there remain deeply rudimentary. Not good in the long run, that is working on the wrong construction site!
To show an example how to do it right, look at the indie game Star Traders. Same general premise, space adventure RPG, as Star Citizen. Star Trader´s graphic is nice, but deeply vintage stuff and no walking simulation thrown in. But very few complain about the dated graphics because the space part and universe rock. You, your crew and ship can be nearly anything, traders, soldiers, pirates, explorers of the space lanes and you, crew and your ship can be upgraded and individualised to a really great degree. There is a metaplot, but you do not have to follow it to enjoy the game. There is a reason Star Traders enjoys really good reviews, because it delivers to it´s player base what they want from the game.
Female Agent has great potential, but they need to give the player base what they want from the game to a certain degree. The story has to go on and very soon. Finetuning the stuff can be done underway. FA and Star citizen in their current state suffer from the same problem. You have created a great character, but you cannot do much with him/her.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017
Trying to be constructive, Crushstation Out of curiosity have you taken a look at Secretary by Deedee? At a glance, you game and theirs seem to share a lot in terms of structure, especially once you finally get to the Bangkok part. And both your games are based on Sugarcube

• Daily schedule with activities available at different time. Activities have a different duration. You can choose what activity to do and miss/reschedule others.
  • Multiple concurrent plot lines with a main one with the character's boss. Secondary ones with different characters (the AI, he psychologist, Bob, Alex...)
  • The secretary daily job can be seen a a sort of equivalent of the main job for the character in Female Agent. There's some grind, but also a lot of scripted events.
  • Previous decisions taken into account, including four paths with the character gets transformed willingly, for money, under constraint, or out of submission.
  • Skill checks everywhere with consequences and skill grind.
  • Unlike your plans, there's no sex engine but a lot of custom scenes with different writing depending on skill checks and history.
  • Location based events based on where you are on each plot line with a randomized trigger chance.
  • Paper doll
  • Character state tracking (fatigue, horniness, stress, money)
Aside from the sex engine, it seems to me Secretary has implemented 90% of the mechanics needed for what you want in Bangkok, and quite a few things more in terms of side event and side stories.

Odin's Eye

Jan 17, 2018
Trying to be constructive, Crushstation Out of curiosity have you taken a look at Secretary by Deedee? At a glance, you game and theirs seem to share a lot in terms of structure, especially once you finally get to the Bangkok part. And both your games are based on Sugarcube

• Daily schedule with activities available at different time. Activities have a different duration. You can choose what activity to do and miss/reschedule others.
  • Multiple concurrent plot lines with a main one with the character's boss. Secondary ones with different characters (the AI, he psychologist, Bob, Alex...)
  • The secretary daily job can be seen a a sort of equivalent of the main job for the character in Female Agent. There's some grind, but also a lot of scripted events.
  • Previous decisions taken into account, including four paths with the character gets transformed willingly, for money, under constraint, or out of submission.
  • Skill checks everywhere with consequences and skill grind.
  • Unlike your plans, there's no sex engine but a lot of custom scenes with different writing depending on skill checks and history.
  • Location based events based on where you are on each plot line with a randomized trigger chance.
  • Paper doll
  • Character state tracking (fatigue, horniness, stress, money)
Aside from the sex engine, it seems to me Secretary has implemented 90% of the mechanics needed for what you want in Bangkok, and quite a few things more in terms of side event and side stories.
Or even "The Company" which also does similar stuff. And both games have had some major work behind the scenes mid-creation.

It's been said numerous times in this thread by many people using many analogies (myself included) but it ultimately seems like there is a mental reason why the Bangkok side has not been worked on.

Namely: Something is psychologically holding Crush back so all the work is being done to polish and perfect what's been done.

And I'm sorry to say but it has to be this if we're to take the developer at face value rather than someone who is simply trying to milk their Patreon. Because there are many, many ways Bangkok could have been implemented as a barebones concept with everything building on top of the main story with each new version.

Heck, the majority of open-world HTML games on this site are built that very way.

I am working on my own HTML game and I deliberately downloaded as many as I could even if I didn't like their gameplay/story so that I could learn from what they've done. Company and Secretary are the two main games that I'm attempting to teach myself the skills off of. It's the bottom of my to-do list but then I have a whole bunch of other commitments. But it is seeing these games getting to the stages they are at - or even more "basic" ones like Crucial Investigation and how that has grown - that has so many fans of FA so frustrated.

Reactions: FlyingSpaceRhino

herrzimm1

Jun 11, 2020
Actually, setting the agent's preferred diet is on the task list. The reason is that food (especially street food) is a huge part of Thai culture. That gives us four choices:

Yeah, but is actually doing something like adding CONTENT on the task list as well? I'm sorry, but when the vast majority of complaints appear to be about moving the story forward, or at least giving the bare-minimum structure for the start of the Bangkok portion, or adding more interaction and options during character creation in regards to how relationships are played out by the player to determine 'fetishes' or 'traits' instead of a simple checklist? Well, is adding an entirely new part about diet concerns really all that important? Or is it simply a way to claim "adding" something to the game without actually doing anything that will what people seem to want the most?

I get it, I really do. You can't do what everyone wants, nor do it whenever people tell you to do so. But after at least a year or longer of people going 'when will we see Bangkok forward' and only getting new doll features or additional checkboxes without any impact or consequence when cancelled out by lack of options/playablity? Well, is there any real reason for people to hang around anymore? I mean, just how many times can you go "hey, when do we get to see a-b-c" but only get "z-y-x that isn't anything really new" can you put up with before you say enough is enough and simply stop caring IF, let alone WHEN, you actually get around to a-b-c?

And at this point? Well, I'm just going to be brutally honest. If there isn't something vastly different in regards to how you play through your background, or additions in regard to Bangkok soon (as in 2-3 updates at most)? Well, I for one will be completely disappointed and simply not give a damn whenever the next update comes out. I really am at the end of my patience on seeing something being done, and I know that I am not alone in that feeling.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I still think the entire premise from the beginning is flawed. When sex becomes a job, it just becomes that--- Work. Nameless NPCS fucking you day in and out is not sexy or attractive, is just work.. It should have been more seduction focused and you have the option to use seduction to get what you want, not forced into a sexual brothel.

Last edited:

HeelsMaiden

Mar 22, 2019
I still think the entire premise from the beggining is flawed. When sex becomes a job, it just becomes that--- Work. Nameless NPCS fucking you day in and out is not sexy or attractive, is just work.. It should have been more seduction focused and you had the option to use seduction to get what you want, not forced into a sexual brothel.
Have said this several times as well. When I first saw the title and banner, what came to my mind giddily was a sexpot (and possibly femme fatale) agent. Something like a female version of James Bond. Able to use sexual charm to get intel and assassinate targets. The funny thing is we got something like that in Dubai and now it has been scrapped heh.

Ravellon

Jan 17, 2018
Have said this several times as well. When I first saw the title and banner, what came to my mind giddily was a sexpot (and possibly femme fatale) agent. Something like a female version of James Bond. Able to use sexual charm to get intel and assassinate targets. The funny thing is we got something like that in Dubai and now it has been scrapped heh.
Something like that, with a background corruption through hypnosis where there is potential to break away from the conditioning or to succumb to it can be very fun, as Tales of the Drunken Cowboy can attest to.
But that's just idle fantasies now, this game is effectively dead.

elliet93

Jun 5, 2017
I'm seriously considering trying to do a text version of the kind of game you've described. That would be a very unique and intriguing game, methinks. I don't have the tools/know-how to build something as pretty as some of the elements Crush has integrated, but I might be able to avoid the numerous pitfalls that have sunk this game. Or...maybe I'll just dream of writing it and never get around to it. Idk.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes