Sabɘ

Jul 16, 2020
It's my first time playing this html game and the fact that it has over 2k patreons is beyond me. I've seen a month old games with more content on this site. I'm glad I didn't wait since 2017 to play this.
Im not a supporter so I don't have the moral right to speak, but it really bothered me.

Reactions: anarchia

Rize

Jul 10, 2017
So I downloaded the patreon version but it didnt show anythin diffrent, the bra size still only went up to DD

Oct 24, 2020
The "patreon version" link on the OP seems like the regular version. You also can't choose multiple kinks or go backwards. I think there are instructions earlier in the thread to add back those features in, though.

Reactions: Rize
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man it would be reeeeaaaally awesome to play with that character creator demo he uploaded to his patreon wink wink wiNK WINK WINKWINKWINKWINK

Reactions: Rize

Atlas

Aug 5, 2016
From the 10/08/2020 Patreon post:

"The next objective is the early Lifepath. This will let you play through your heroine's formative years, and decide what kind of teenager she was: athlete, geek girl, alpha female, or rock chick."

Hahaha. THE BANGKOK IS A LIE!

Cave Johnson wouldn't tolerate this dillydallying.

Remember, one of the slow writing problems they identified was needing to streamline the backstory? I know this because they linked to an 11 page pdf two paragraphs after writing the above statement.

This is bizarre. Who wants to role play as a child where the cumulative effect of their life choices is to wind up kneeling on the floor of a Thai brothel? Do we really need to know what type of bicycle she had or what books her English teacher made her read? Are they trying to punish the audience by making them empathetic to a character whose ultimate destiny is to have painful, unsatisfying sex with tourists? This is a sex game where each new update results in less sex and less game.

Apr 3, 2019
I *think* the aim is supposed to be like those choices are "personality types". I actually think the personality aspect does enrich the game significantly. I don't entirely agree with how the personalities are laid out/how they're supposed to affect the actual game (the actual game with gameplay). If it's just flavour text like *if athletic then add "this basketball match reminds you of your happy years back in high school"* well, it's nice flavour text but...so much effort just for some small detail like that?

Assuming those four "personality types" do affect the rest of the game, it seems to be too narrowed down and loaded with stereotypes. Not to mention, the whole "personality can change" and whatnot,but still, what are the expectations?

"You know this is a UNIX system you can hack into because of your geek girl years! You wouldn't know this if you were a dumb athletic girl, because what's job training anyway"

Or maybe even: "You keep up the pace and catch the fleeing stranger. All those years doing sports when you were young paid off! A rock chick would be too high or drunk to do this!"

Or is it even supposed to be "You're a geeky girl therefore you can't talk to the stranger normally, sucks to be you! Geek girls can't talk to people they're too busy with their books ha ha"

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Yeah, I kinda get what he is *trying* to do here.

But the point most of us are saying is move the story FORWARD not BACKWARD. For ages we've wanted to move beyond the training....to the actual mission(s). Not move the story back into her childhood/teenage years. Ugh.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Remember, one of the slow writing problems they identified was needing to streamline the backstory? I know this because they linked to an 11 page pdf two paragraphs after writing the above statement.
By changing the image art and removing the other nationalities the Lifepath had to be partially re-written. I get if you can't pick XYZ nationality then some of it doesn't matter. Fixing age helps with streamlining the back story, as well as Lifepath options which irritate in writing as they should be catered for. Backpacking, wealthy background (only stayed in posh hotels), serving in military conditions will all affect the character in a cheap Bangkok hostel. Even just thoughts, if those are streamlined it will help the later game and stop writers creating specifc content for one character type.

But there are other things that can be looked at improving in the Lifepath, such as farming SexXP by having multiple partners. I tested once by picking the minimum and maximum number of partners and clicking yes to oral/anal. When the SexXP and attractiveness is used in all the sex scenes as part of the dice roll the game has to cater in later scenes for super experienced and pretty much not at all. However whether SexXP is a good variable to use is another matter, after all having lots of sex doesn’t make many into a karma sutra king/queen. So in this case a debatable game mechanic anyway.

If Crush's rewrite gets him to think through all the variables and how they will influence the mid and later game then the game will have moved forwards. The other factors are keeping the number of complicating variables down and simple to build sex scenes (which the club scenes will show or not).

Atlas

Aug 5, 2016
I remember playing Mass Effect and choosing backgrounds. It took almost no time because it was meant to flavor the game, not be the game. Here is a simple system:

Sexual Experience determines how experienced the Agent is with sex. More experience means more options are available during gameplay. The player can choose from the following backgrounds and benefits:

Virgin +0 SexXP
Had a boy friend: +5 SexXP
Wild Child: +10 SexXP

Boom! Done. All you have to do is figure out what the variables are and a reasonable bonus to start the game. This takes no time and allows the player to flesh out the background of their character in a way that is consistent with the core gameplay.

If one wants to create a gameplay difference between smart characters and strong characters, one could add a nerd or athlete background choice. It is that simple.

This is only significant because it is not being done and the alternative is taking months.

This is a corruption/trainer game where the player character is going down a sexual path to work at the brothel and a secret agent path where they accumulate intel needed for their primary mission. Presumably, the sexual path is used to accelerate the collection of intel and it is corruption as the player character engages in more depraved acts. Too much depravity results in a bad end. The game is balancing between the two or roleplaying as you intentionally descend down one of the paths.

It is a very simple premise that does not need to randomly generate names for teen lovers or create a background so detailed it would pass an actual security clearance.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Boom! Done. All you have to do is figure out what the variables are and a reasonable bonus to start the game. This takes no time and allows the player to flesh out the background of their character in a way that is consistent with the core gameplay.
I get that, and agree with your post. I have a tiny bit of influence with Crushstation and do point out where as you say what could create 'game flavour' can turn into issues. I want the game to succeed as there are few out there like this and Crushstation does spend a lot of time working on the game and is a creative person. Oh I truly get that if the game was kept simple based on your 'corruption/trainer' paragraph it would be a lot more forward, if not nearing completion. But that is now history and all we can do is move forwards (or repeat history). My take on it is the speed in which the prologue scenes are rebuilt, especially the sex scenes/engine is the measure of success.

Reactions: Atlas
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes