Susuman

Feb 16, 2020
Amazing writing at the beginning, and amazing strategy to fish cucks to donate and making a meal out of it.

I cant deny that I, myself is very much looking forward to the advancement of the story, but enough is enough, this fishing behavior gotta stop and I urge people to stop donating as the dev is making a bad habit out of it.

There's such thing called 'parallel project' (yes, sorry i made the terms myself), where you can advance your story and develop core gameplay at the same time.
Provided that it will take more effort, it would also ensure there's a continuity in the main selling point (the story itself)

I won't go too detailed onto the subject as you can read his progress and excuses on the discord channel and patreon website.
I've been following crush for sometime now and the blatant excuses and greediness is outrageous.

Stop donating, do your part.

Apr 3, 2019
There's such thing called 'parallel project' (yes, sorry i made the terms myself), where you can advance your story and develop core gameplay at the same time.
Provided that it will take more effort, it would also ensure there's a continuity in the main selling point (the story itself)

I won't go too detailed onto the subject as you can read his progress and excuses on the discord channel and patreon website.
I've been following crush for sometime now and the blatant excuses and greediness is outrageous.

Stop donating, do your part.
He's gone through pretty much every project development method available. From "just wing it" to a pseudo-waterfall ("I need to get all the design notes and intro perfect before moving on") to a pseudo-agile ("We'll call it sprints and use monday.com but ignore deadlines and priorities anyway") to whatever it is they're doing now (sort of waterfall again? They have a requirements document...sort of).

So really, it's not about working with parallel tasks, it's just the priorities. "Adding story content" is very low in the priority list, other things are getting ahead in that list.

hallsigns

May 1, 2019
He's gone through pretty much every project development method available. From "just wing it" to a pseudo-waterfall ("I need to get all the design notes and intro perfect before moving on") to a pseudo-agile ("We'll call it sprints and use monday.com but ignore deadlines and priorities anyway") to whatever it is they're doing now (sort of waterfall again? They have a requirements document...sort of).

So really, it's not about working with parallel tasks, it's just the priorities. "Adding story content" is very low in the priority list, other things are getting ahead in that list.
Honestly, I have a feeling that Crush is the type of person irl that misses deadlines either through procrastination or perfectionism or more likely a combo thereof...

Reactions: Turret

GodlessXVIII

Jun 25, 2018
Just read about the doubling down on the start as opposed to any sort of tangible forward progress...

"The purpose of a system is what it does" - also known as POSIWID. Again, the absurd feature-creep-to-a-standstill is the point. It's a valid sustainable career choice finance-wise, at least.

So many examples just on this website.

Reactions: Atlas

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
What will come first Cyberpunk 2077 or Bangkok. My money is on Cyberpunk.
We all know Bangkok is not coming this year as there still seems to be a bit of work ahead with the adjustments Crush is doing with the Lifepath and simplifying some of the game's mechanics. It's not like it's a secret, so I'm glad that you're putting your money into something that's a given, otherwise you'd be losing it unnecessarily.

Gavforme

Jul 8, 2019
We all know Bangkok is not coming this year as there still seems to be a bit of work ahead with the adjustments Crush is doing with the Lifepath and simplifying some of the game's mechanics. It's not like it's a secret, so I'm glad that you're putting your money into something that's a given, otherwise you'd be losing it unnecessarily.
Is it? Its more of a meme now, but you can keep believing if you want to. It should have been released in 2017.

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
Is it? Its more of a meme now, but you can keep believing if you want to. It should have been released in 2017.
Keep believing in what? I just stated a fact. You mentioned something regarding Bangkok that at this point is common knowledge, so I merely pointed that out the fact that we all know by now that it will definitly not happen this year.

I might have been a bit sarcastic, but that's mainly because you were taking an unnecessary shot at an issue that to be honest we are all aware by now, as if it was something that might still be unsure, which it isn't. While I also don't appreciate these constant delays, I do know what it is to run a project of my own and the necessity to learn over and over again over past mistakes and to have to readjust expectations and timings and how frustrating that can be. However I do have a hard time understanding what do you get out of that kind of comment? Some kind of morbid pleasure by attacking someone else's work? Because taking shots at others behind your own computer is actually the easiest thing in the world. Making some kind of constructive criticism, that on the other hand tends to be more difficult.

Back to the beggining, I'm still puzzled by what you meant when you mentioned that I can keep believing in whatever I want, since I didn't mention in no part whatsoever if I actually believe or not on the continuation of the development of the game (which is what I'm assuming you're referring to). If you do want to know, just ask, I'll have no problems in laying my thoughts on that particular issue to you, but don't go out assuming you know where I stand regarding that matter simply because I called you out on your unnecessary rant.

Apr 3, 2019
New version is out. It's essentially a "completely new" game. I'm not saying that like a bad thing necessarily but more like it's basically as if this is version 0.1 of "NotMale Agent". More polished overall, but for anyone expecting new content as in "continuation of the original game", check in a year or so, because next update is going to be her university years (1.8 ends when she's 16)

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Is this a joke? After three months on supposedly working on "making female agent great again" we get a version where we can choose only one nation (instead of five we could before), there is an inferior version of character skill set (which didn't need another rework to begin with) and that end while still in high school... but we did get a completely irrelevant and unnecessary dice roll animation.

Not only is this not a step forward, this is actually a giant leap in completely wrong direction. At this point, best decision Crush can make is to completely scrap this last few months of work and build Bangkok on 1.6.x version of the game.

I said it before and I'll say it again... Crush is building his game backwards since there is absolutely no point in working on character creation UNTIL you know how you're going to use those skills and feats in actual game. Only when there is some actual gameplay in Bangkok, once it became clear what you need in terms of character skills and feats to play the game there should be some rework on character creation so it could fit the game better. Doing it now, before Bangkok is built pretty much ensures that once Bangkok is made a character creation will need yet another rework.

Atlas

Aug 5, 2016
Let us imagine that we are playing a very simple RPG with three attributes: strength, intelligence, and dexterity. The player can use those attributes to solve gameplay problems through either brute force (strength), smartness (intelligence), or craftiness (dexterity).

Rather than giving the player a pool of attribute point to distribute at the start, the player is asked to make a series of choices about their backstory and are given points corresponding to making a strength, intelligence, or dexterity choice. Rather than clicking a "+" button, this is how attribute points are assigned at the start.

The big problem is that unless one knows what attributes they plan to use in the core gameplay loop, writing the backstory first risks creating dead ends.

As Ripe mentions above, the game is being created backwards. It should also be mentioned that this is just for the possible spycraft, we haven't even touched the multitude of possible sexual variables. Will we have to corrupt the character before they agree to more deviant acts? Will they have to give especially skilled sexual performances to reach content gated by skill checks? Unless those questions have been answered, in what sense can the backstory even be connected to the rest of the game?

So frustrating to witness.

Reactions: Mauamu

DragaX

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2018
Am I the only one that liked the previous paperdoll better? It probably took months to create all the clothes, bodytypes, hairstyles and all the other customization. And now he drops that all to completely rework everything?

I played this game when it first came out and really liked it. It really has a lot of potential but how often does he want to keep reworking the intro from scratch? It's pretty weird that the very first version that came out 3 years ago has more content than the current one.

Blob

May 7, 2017
There is still so much stuff missing from this version even if their developement speed has improved it'll probably take at least 1 year until we're at the same point we were a year ago >_>

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Am I the only one that liked the previous paperdoll better? It probably took months to create all the clothes, bodytypes, hairstyles and all the other customization. And now he drops that all to completely rework everything?

I played this game when it first came out and really liked it. It really has a lot of potential but how often does he want to keep reworking the intro from scratch? It's pretty weird that the very first version that came out 3 years ago has more content than the current one.
I didn't even noticed the avatar changed... probably because I never really cared about it. But that make it even worse... so not only we got a far, far inferior version of the game compared to what we had before so-called improvements came, it also mean that all those time spent creating previous avatar was now near pointless waste of time. And if I remember correctly, Crush's reason for wasting time on avatar at that point was that "it would make it harder to implement it later"...

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes