Odin's Eye

Jan 17, 2018
I didn't even noticed the avatar changed... probably because I never really cared about it. But that make it even worse... so not only we got a far, far inferior version of the game compared to what we had before so-called improvements came, it also mean that all those time spent creating previous avatar was now near pointless waste of time. And if I remember correctly, Crush's reason for wasting time on avatar at that point was that "it would make it harder to implement it later"...
Everything about this game is done with the blanket concept of "harder to implement later."

I've come to the conclusion that Crush isn't trying to troll his patrons but rather he doesn't actually know what the hell Bangkok is supposed to be outside of some loose concept of sex worker and undercover detective. I would not be suprised if he had a mass of notes and deleted notes all going in different directions on what Bangkok could be, doesn't know which (if any) he wants to be the final result, and is trying to build the perfect platform for all of the ideas at the same time.

The "new" version looks like a panic. As though something new in the planning stage came up or he's had an idea for something new/realisation something old doesn't work for Bangkok and he's running around like a headless chicken trying to redo the prologue to "fix" the issue.

It's actually gotten morbidly interesting to watch this game collapse because of the constant reworking.

Apr 3, 2019
There is still so much stuff missing from this version even if their developement speed has improved it'll probably take at least 1 year until we're at the same point we were a year ago >_>
Well, the current content (not the character creator, just the content) took 3 weeks apparently. So, assuming it's that same rate (some people wil say "it should be faster", but still):

- University years
- The whole intro to the agency
- First training exercise (bring back someone home)
- Wet Shirt contest
- Dubai? It was supposed to be cut out...
- First bangkok update

So roughly 18 weeks until we see Bangkok, and because things are never that easy, just round it up to 20.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Well, the current content (not the character creator, just the content) took 3 weeks apparently. So, assuming it's that same rate (some people wil say "it should be faster", but still):

- University years
- Wet Shirt contest
- First bangkok update

So roughly 18 weeks until we see Bangkok, and because things are never that easy, just round it up to 20.
Seems reasonable. Hopefully it pans out that way and the dev can repair some of the damage they've seemed to done to their reputation and make a good game.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017

- University years
- Wet Shirt contest
- First bangkok update

Actually, considering current content end while she's still 16 years old that mean we'll get at least one other update to complete high school (maybe two if graduation is put into separate update) adding another 3-6 weeks so we're talking 21-24 weeks... also, I don't see us getting her early agency years taking just one update (it will be at least two if not three updates) which would add another 3-6 weeks so we're now talking 25-30 weeks if everything goes right. But since that almost never happen, let us say it will take 35 weeks all together.

That is for implementing just one out of five nations and with no Character Sheet available... adding those to the game will probably add another 10-15 weeks so now we're talking about a year before we got to Bangkok. The odds of Crush not deciding to rework entire character creation and early years once again in that period is very, very slim...

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Actually, considering current content end while she's still 16 years old that mean we'll get at least one other update to complete high school (maybe two if graduation is put into separate update) adding another 3-6 weeks so we're talking 21-24 weeks... also, I don't see us getting her early agency years taking just one update (it will be at least two if not three updates) which would add another 3-6 weeks so we're now talking 25-30 weeks if everything goes right. But since that almost never happen, let us say it will take 35 weeks all together.

That is for implementing just one out of five nations and with no Character Sheet available... adding those to the game will probably add another 10-15 weeks so now we're talking about a year before we got to Bangkok. The odds of Crush not deciding to rework entire character creation and early years once again in that period is very, very slim...
School ends at 16 in the uk. The 2ish years of college will likely be dealt with in a couple of screens of text before dealing with the bulk of the university update.

Oct 24, 2020
The new update feels like too much attention's been focused on stuff which isn't necessary (again, arguably). The UI and the dice rolling don't really add anything - the old setup was perfectly functional, and I'm sure the dice rolling will get tiresome eventually. As for text, while some is new, a lot of it's from the prior versions.

I preferred the old Avatar too, frankly; the streamlining to a single bodyshape didn't need replacing it wholesale. A lot of it was superfluous (front + back, undressed states) but the art was fine.

Again it just seems like more style over substance, more unnecessary garnishing. I'd be happy if he just went back to the way it was years ago, a page or two on background consisting wholly of dropdown menus and checkboxes, so long as that meant something in Bangkok.

Rixen

Jun 3, 2017
Honestly, I liked the rework. Everything is better, especially the avatar. All Crush has to do now is, you know, not take two years to finish the introduction, and to not rework it AGAIN.

Reactions: whitexwhite

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
I agree. I do like the newer version better. Except for the die roll thing. Looks too gimmicky and will probably drive me nuts if they have to use that for every variable that comes up. Other than that, it is a bit cleaner and hopefully will allow him to go forward with this finally.

GodlessXVIII

Jun 25, 2018
Missing the forest for the trees big time.

Again why, in a text adventure about spies or prostitution or both, presumably intended to be thrilling adult fare, would you waste your time and ours going through the backstory in such painful details? High school years? As if there's not a million games about that kind of stuff already.

Beyond the obvious scammy stringing along of its funding base, this game's absurd emphasis on pre-spy, pre-Bangkok content is bordering on false advertising.

The system is as the system does. This is a pitch for continuing monthly allowances first and foremost.

Rixen

Jun 3, 2017
Missing the forest for the trees big time.

Again why, in a text adventure about spies or prostitution or both, presumably intended to be thrilling adult fare, would you waste your time and ours going through the backstory in such painful details? High school years? As if there's not a million games about that kind of stuff already.

Beyond the obvious scammy stringing along of its funding base, this game's absurd emphasis on pre-spy, pre-Bangkok content is bordering on false advertising.

The system is as the system does. This is a pitch for continuing monthly allowances first and foremost.
I don't mind the idea. That way, it is a RPG character, meaning the agent is different for each player, instead of being the same dumb blond bimbo as in every female protag game on this site. That's what Crush seems to be pushing for, some kind of adult tabletop rpg system (hence the dice rolls and the "in depth" character creation).
The problem is of course, that we have yet to get past the fucking prologue.

Vetto

Nov 13, 2017
To download the game in his patreon: it's the link female agent 1.8 html, it will open to a login page. Log in with your fake google account and it will allow you to dl it Actually you can click on the comment (26) and you will be able to click the dl without any log in or try this it's should work.

I'm not even disappointed, I don't expect to see Bangkok anytime.

Last edited:
Reactions: ray3dave
Apr 3, 2019
I don't mind the idea. That way, it is a RPG character, meaning the agent is different for each player, instead of being the same dumb blond bimbo as in every female protag game on this site. That's what Crush seems to be pushing for, some kind of adult tabletop rpg system (hence the dice rolls and the "in depth" character creation).
Virtually every TTRPG handles the "character backstory" in the same way: A blank box of text the player is allowed to write anything into because it's literally just flavor text.

There aren't any campaigns that take the character from birth...it would be slow, boring, and not particularly interesting as a game. Some homebrew campaigns might include a timeskip, usually after a sizeable game (read: after you defeat the first BBEG and the next one has to be revealed)

The character background? Never played, just text in a blank box, and mostly for the player's reference (and if you're lucky enough, for the DM to reference sometimes). In other words, you put 4 points in athletics because you want to. You might feel like putting something in your character background about it like "She loved climbing and jumping between trees and furniture ever since she was 8". You don't play and roll to see if you do the jump when you were a shithead 8 year old that wouldn't stay put.

GodlessXVIII

Jun 25, 2018
It's been literal years.

At this point it's clear that any prologue existing at all will serve as an obstacle to development for months/years. Of course, that's if we're assuming development is the intended goal here...

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I was asked to update the OP with a link to 1.8 in the thread, so I've done so, please enjoy.

I scanned some of the posts made since I last logged in, but please be aware I'm rarely active on this thread. If you have feedback you'd like me to hear (or you just want to talk with me about the game), the best thing is to message me on Discord: I'm Crushstation#8544 there. Have a great day everybody, I hope you like the new version, we're aiming for 1.9 on Nov 30th.

Last edited:

aifgamer

Apr 11, 2018
I don't mind the idea. That way, it is a RPG character, meaning the agent is different for each player, instead of being the same dumb blond bimbo as in every female protag game on this site.
That's literally what the adventure is for. The character is defined by what they do IN the story, not by the back story.

In Lord of the Rings, we care about what Frodo does after he gets the ring. We don't spend multiple chapters detailing his hobbies when he was in hobbit high school.

Ravellon

Jan 17, 2018
Remarkable. I expected this game to not move forward, but I didn't expect it to actually move backwards.

So it'll be a year until it is brought up to the level of 1.6

And then it'll be time for yet another rework. Kinda hilarious, tbh.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes