Nope

Aug 5, 2016
Wandered over to crush's patreon because I had been expecting some excuse not to release on time after already splitting this update up to get more time....To no ones surprise, it happened.

I have bad news
Hey guys. I'm really sorry, but the next episode isn't going to be ready next week.
I was hoping to release it for early access on Sep 30, but the writing isn't there yet.
I'm happy with it structurally and it's playable, but it's not yet sexy enough. There isn't enough interaction with the bargirls, and it feels like our heroine isn't having enough fun for this scene to work (and set up some important future interactions).
I've been in similar places with past episodes, and the solution is to just go through it and rework it until it's zinging. I don't know how long this is going to take but I'll update you with weekly progress reports until it's ready.
Sorry again for the bad news. I so wanted this to be ready on time, but it's just not good enough to release yet. I'll give you an update on Friday Sep 30th.

Vengeance_11

May 14, 2019
Best part is the patrons supporting his decision to stretch 3 months of work into a minimum of 7 with the exact same excuse as last time.

Reactions: Tallyhoe

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
"I don't know how long this is going to take but I'll update you with weekly progress reports until it's ready."

Haha, it's so crazy! It means few weeks to wait, maybe months!
But if I were his patron I would have written him, of course: "take your time" :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Tallyhoe

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
Wandered over to crush's patreon because I had been expecting some excuse not to release on time after already splitting this update up to get more time....To no ones surprise, it happened.
anyone got a benchmark for what is 'sexy enough' when it comes to this game? it seems that every other scene suffers a delay due to this. something something perfection being the enemy of the good or whatever, but there comes a point where I think it would be wiser for Crush to release a subpar/placeholder scene and get the story going for a couple months, to come back later and rework what he thinks doesn't work. This way I think the game would progress more than like 2-3 screens every biennial update.

As an aside, if Crush is still reading this forum, I want to ask: How far is the game storyboarded? Does he know who the big bad is, how it's going to end, what the roadmap is 6-7 chapters down the line already? Or is this more of a 'working in the moment' kinda project, where nothing is set in stone?

Apr 3, 2019
At least we have a super quick confirmation that this schedule:

1664214536840.png

Is complete garbage, as usual

Also, just in case Crush drops by, reads this message, and decides to reply with something like: "F95 classy as always": The game is good, the writing is good, the schedule is not going to be met and that is someone that has happened multiple times. Just stating facts.

Dingo139

Nov 8, 2019
I miss the prologue stuff. I know it must have been a headache to factor in the consequences of certain choices but damn it was neat. Loved all the hijinks the MC could get up to before the story begins, then the sequence where she hooks up with random guys in bars that was cool. Hope it can be added back in at some point even if the Dev doesn't want it to impact the current story.

Geffe

Jul 14, 2019
Looking at that schedule, how far away is he from reintegrating the prologue? Halfway through next year at the earliest.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Also, just in case Crush drops by, reads this message, and decides to reply with something like: "F95 classy as always": The game is good, the writing is good, the schedule is not going to be met and that is someone that has happened multiple times. Just stating facts.
Too late, you have already been added to the List of Haters on F95Zone. Forever more, no praise from you will be trusted by certain individuals here, and you will be treated as a 1-dimensional hater no matter how many dimensions actually exist in your personality. Welcome to the "they get every game for free and all they can do is whine!" crowd.

Apr 3, 2019
Too late, you have already been added to the List of Haters on F95Zone. Forever more, no praise from you will be trusted by certain individuals here, and you will be treated as a 1-dimensional hater no matter how many dimensions actually exist in your personality. Welcome to the "they get every game for free and all they can do is whine!" crowd.
I know you're joking (or, well...the joke is that there's more truth in your words than it should) but let's just lay it out for the people that aren't aware:

"You people get the game for free, you don't have any right to complain or give feedback": If you think this, do remember that, at least in the case of this game specifically, it has been posted by the developer to promote it... for free

This site is known for sharing games for free, whether they are actually free or they've simply been...obtained and shared. A developer sharing their work here for free in a community is also not paying for the service of free publicity!

...I would hope people won't think "Okay then the developer should pay the F95 team! before posting anything" and simply accept that yes, you can in fact give feedback for a product you obtained for free...like virtually every product testing is done (and in fact, for most of them such as reviewers or simple field testing, people get paid to test and give feedback)

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
Looking at that schedule, how far away is he from reintegrating the prologue? Halfway through next year at the earliest.
Well he said that he did want to include it at some point. I have raised the point on more than one occasion that it gets harder and harder the more content you release in the meantime. For every decision you make now, every skill check, every scene you write, you need to backtrack and find out how previous decisions could have influenced this. And if you go back and do the college stuff again and try to fill in some blanks, how would that change the current story? He is steering towards a cliff and I am sure he knows it.

I also remain of the opinion that all of this would be much easier by turning the agent into a proper college girl who got stuck while traveling and is now in the middle of different sides using her to their advantage. The agency using her by promising her money or a way home, the criminals want to abuse her, maybe turn her into a double agent (?), you could also throw in Max (?) the swedish business man who promises her money and what not. After all, this has always been advertised as a secondary mission for years now.

That would make it much easier to connect the college-prelude part and the current Bangkok adventure while not restricting you to all of the agent stuff. After all, I still don't see how you would let her loose in an open world, if she is part of an agency and has access to every resource, including money.

Money is and always has been the biggest driving force in all life sim corruption games. You need it, how far are you willing to go in order to get it? That and making things more and more expensive leads to more corruption. An easy cycle and quite frankly, the story would write itself. However, this is, if the game is supposed to be a life sim and about corruption. The fact that we don't really know tells you a lot about the development. This point has been adressed time and time again. The dev doesn't seem to know where he wants to go with this. As Marlin Brandy pointed out, how much story has the dev actually layed out in advance? Or is he really doing this as he goes along? It very much seems like it. otherwise I have no explanation for how after all these years you can't come up with more regular updates. It went from three (?) years of redoing the prologue to two (?) years of non stop Thailand now. Stop the Thailand thing and do it now. Stop it and connect the prelude, if you really intent to bring it back. Figure out what to do with kinks, skills and dice rolls and make it one big chunk of game and you have a base to build upon. Otherwise the prelude will forever and always dangle over your head and it will be another broken promise.

Then again, why change anything, when you are on of the biggest supported patreons I have seen. 7k+ monthly income for delivering very nice, but still very little content. Clearly I have made some wrong choices in my life.

Last edited:

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Well he said that he did want to include it at some point. I have raised the point on more than one occasion that it gets harder and harder the more content you release in the meantime. For every decision you make now, every skill check, every scene you write, you need to backtrack and find out how previous decisions could have influenced this. And if you go back and do the college stuff again and try to fill in some blanks, how would that change the current story? He is steering towards a cliff and I am sure he knows it.
Well, the reason is because adding it back in will not affect the story in any way, shape or form. It will be tacked on, and just like the current game, nothing will affect anything else -- only some color scenes here and there, and maybe a modification to the paper doll.

Now, it certainly will give fodder to the delays in the updates and 'fair' reasoning as well as he wrestles with the complications and writes, rewrites, rewrites, edits, edits, edits...

I'd guess that it will happen when he starts to hit a writer's block on the Bangkok story, probably at the end of his current 'planned releases'.

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
I honestly don't even want him to add it back. Not because it wouldn't make for a better game...it would. It's just that at the rate he works it would take a year to fit it back in.

Aug 25, 2020
The only part of the prologue worth salvaging would be the honeypot training course, and that would require changes to the bits after the infiltration mission because your bosses shouldn't be shocked your doing honeypot stuff after they sent you through honeypot training. If there is going to be anything covering childhood-college like some of the older versions it should be heavily cut down to selecting a background from a list that will give you some bonuses to rolls. Something like Jocks get +2 on physical rolls, Cheerleaders +1 physical & +1 social, round it out with Preps, In a Band, & Nerds. Maybe pick a college major for some more specialized bonuses. The thing is every option needs to be balanced and relevant. If we aren't going to be regularly riding horses the skill doesn't need to be used, and if there is a major inbalance in the usefulness of skill then you've wasted time on options you've incentivised the players to not pick. Honestly without the bonuses the dice roll mechanic doesn't make sense. You've just got a bunch of spots where the character has a 60% chance to have their missing messed up.

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
Yea, you couldn't really integrate the honeypot training into the current game. In that version she wasn't going in to work as a bartender. She was told from day 1 she was going to be a whore iirc.

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
The only part of the prologue worth salvaging would be the honeypot training course, and that would require changes to the bits after the infiltration mission because your bosses shouldn't be shocked your doing honeypot stuff after they sent you through honeypot training. If there is going to be anything covering childhood-college like some of the older versions it should be heavily cut down to selecting a background from a list that will give you some bonuses to rolls. Something like Jocks get +2 on physical rolls, Cheerleaders +1 physical & +1 social, round it out with Preps, In a Band, & Nerds. Maybe pick a college major for some more specialized bonuses. The thing is every option needs to be balanced and relevant. If we aren't going to be regularly riding horses the skill doesn't need to be used, and if there is a major inbalance in the usefulness of skill then you've wasted time on options you've incentivised the players to not pick. Honestly without the bonuses the dice roll mechanic doesn't make sense. You've just got a bunch of spots where the character has a 60% chance to have their missing messed up.
I think I have to disgaree with you there. Why cut back on what many people believe to be the best and most entertaining part of the game so far? You eluded to the relevant part. Skills and kinks need to have an effect on something and right now they do not. He needs to figure out in what meaningful way he wants to include skill checks and how you can improve them. The college part was a nice way of shaping your past and set you up with different skill sets for the game. Sadly, none of that mattered.

I also disagree that all the choices need to be balanced. Do they? Why? If you wanna make it harder on yourself, then why not chose different routes.

Then again, I do agree that we won't see that part of the game come back. It doesn't do anything for the current evolution of the game and it would be a ton of work. Would I mind him taking the time to connect both parts of the story? No. I was a sizable chunk of writing and coding. I have no problem with that. If you don't bring it back, all of it would have been pointless exercise in coding. Bring it back and you'd have a very decent foundation. A character creator, a prelude and the first couple of missions in Thailand. I think it would be the best course of action unless he already knows it's never coming back and he doesn't know how to connect it. In which case we're back to the point that he hasn't planned out anything.

Reactions: CassieBare
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes