rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
What's with the rush? And I can't believe I am saying this, but he is rushing the story while at the same time he is stalling development.
Seems fairly clear to me, though I can't guess the exact details. There is something, whatever it is, eating up 95% of dev time, and then the remaining 5% is spent developing in a hurry. Not my problem of course, just pointing out the obvious. It's a repeating pattern with a few other signs that haven't been mentioned lately. Paying attention for years now, I could essentially plot out the events that accompany this without even looking.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZillaStarKilla

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The Heroine arrives in Thailand and turns into a whore over night. And he did change the original undercover whore-premise in favour of the barmaid approach, because it would be more believable. And here we are, a few days into the Thailand arc and the Heroine doesn't care if she get's raped, creampied and turned into a prostitute.
You must have access to some special secret game build, because in the regular game 3 weeks in the heroine is still working at the bar while her brothel supervisors are unsubtly tempting her to switch jobs.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
You must have access to some special secret game build, because in the regular game 3 weeks in the heroine is still working at the bar while her brothel supervisors are unsubtly tempting her to switch jobs.
and cheat to make it quiker, and make submissive and exhibitionnist

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
It's not a secret game build, he is talking about the OG premise. Initially the agent was supposed to go in as a bargirl and gather intel that way. Also she could be hypnotized by the CIA to be more open to the job idea. Which let's be honest, was not the best idea in terms of realism.

What really puzzles me is the fact that it took him years to get anything done and all of a sudden he is rushing the entire Bangkok plot. There is not corruption, no fall from grace, no slight downward slope. The Heroine arrives in Thailand and turns into a whore over night. And he did change the original undercover whore-premise in favour of the barmaid approach, because it would be more believable. And here we are, a few days into the Thailand arc and the Heroine doesn't care if she get's raped, creampied and turned into a prostitute.
I actually think that the barmaid approach is a better idea. You go in and slowly realized that you can't extract too much intel that way. For the good of the mission you have to switch jobs. Combine that with the fact that everyone from the club expects you to do it sooner or later.

You talk about corruption. Well it is there, but it's subtle. Conner is slowly grooming you.
Step 1 - Every time you go with him in the office you receive extra money. You get used with the idea of being paid for sex.
Step 2 - Happened in the last update when he took you to the brothel rooms. Do it enough times and you learn how to lead a men there. You get familiarized with the surroundings, with the room itself, with the sound from the other rooms and with it's purpose.
Step 3(just assumption) - You go there with someone else, not Conner, maybe one of his friends, maybe a customer that convinces you to do it. And that's it. At this point the agent is so used to do this, that it will no longer find the action odd. It's a mechanical activity.

The rushed part is what is happening with the agent when she is in her room. She could reflect a bit about the situation and say that she doesn't like it at first, then accept that it is what it is and later think about the fact tha she actually likes it. Maybe try to masturbate thinking of an ex, a time where she was just a normal girl/women, in order to maintain her initial personality. The shift to the new personality should be done through dreams at first and later imagining scenarios during masturbation.

Seems fairly clear to me, though I can't guess the exact details. There is something, whatever it is, eating up 95% of dev time, and then the remaining 5% is spent developing in a hurry. Not my problem of course, just pointing out the obvious. It's a repeating pattern with a few other signs that haven't been mentioned lately. Paying attention for years now, I could essentially plot out the events that accompany this without even looking.
The 95% is probably the developer own life and job. This is just a hobby project, one that probably gets 2-3 hours per week, one of which is used to write pretty Patreon reports. It's not a full job, working on it 40h/week. It might be described differently, but we all know that is not true.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It's not a secret game build, he is talking about the OG premise. Initially the agent was supposed to go in as a bargirl and gather intel that way. Also she could be hypnotized by the CIA to be more open to the job idea. Which let's be honest, was not the best idea in terms of realism.
I was referring to the part where the MC supposedly turns into a whore over night few days after arrival, while the actual game is nothing like that.

Reactions: _Zebra_

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
How is a less than 2mb html text based game SIX FUCKING YEARS in development? Why are people still in this thread? What's wrong with you?
It's actually 10 mb (text compresses nicely). Probably similar size for the prequel game with MC's early years. And, you know, entire Harry Potter collection (4k pages) is a bit over 20 mb. And took 10 years to write that much. Text file size is far from a good indicator, of anything really.

glc0n

Feb 5, 2020
The rushed part is what is happening with the agent when she is in her room. She could reflect a bit about the situation and say that she doesn't like it at first, then accept that it is what it is and later think about the fact tha she actually likes it. Maybe try to masturbate thinking of an ex, a time where she was just a normal girl/women, in order to maintain her initial personality. The shift to the new personality should be done through dreams at first and later imagining scenarios during masturbation.
I think this is a fair point. I do like the current masturbation scenes as is because they keep the pace up and show off the corruption taking hold, i.e. right now it's fantasy so it's indulged, but down the line it will be realized. I feel like all of the touristy asides give us enough pause in action so as not to make the story feel rushed. But if we had more of what you described at first and moved the current masturbation scenes to later in the story it would work quite well.

One reason for the more rushed corruption is the premise of a secret agent being sent in to infiltrate. She's not some young lady, on her own, trying to get by. She can leave any time she wants. And, avoiding spoilers, to maintain verisimilitude we have to acknowledge that no intelligence service is going to let an agent slut around for months accomplishing nothing. So there is only so much slow burn that could be fit in.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with these updates. I checked out for a year so when I recently downloaded I was surprised how much content had come down and I'm considering re-subbing to the Patreon. I've made some jokes about it before and yes for a game 6 years in production it's pretty light. But it seems that things are going in a good direction.

Apr 3, 2019
The 95% is probably the developer own life and job. This is just a hobby project, one that probably gets 2-3 hours per week, one of which is used to write pretty Patreon reports. It's not a full job, working on it 40h/week. It might be described differently, but we all know that is not true.
A couple of years ago, he announced he would quit his day job to focus on FA. So, whatever is taking 95% of the time, it's not "the daily job". This is his "daily job"

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes