zoomzoomzoom

May 19, 2021
The problem with this theory is she’s already getting regularly fucked by Connor on camera, once so hard he stuck her panties in her mouth, and the whole time she knows her colleagues are watching her.
Crush needs to play his game more to see some of the things in there just straight up does not make any sense.

Mar 28, 2017
you both got a point. it sounds stupid because our perfectionist milkman who is rewriting scenes like zillion times simply failed to explain motive to this meltdown. she basically is going to cross the line, get paid for sex (bj) and she knows next time she'll be bargirl/hooker like the one from vip room servicing south africans for unknown period of time. if she refuses connor said they have exceded limit of foreign waitresses so she'll be out. end of mission.

where mistake is made is: if owners are aware that they have more foreign waitresses than needed and one or two has to go upstairs or be fired, then why hiring new aussie girl? only motive is to drag mc into prostitution (since she is very popular and she can earn them some money). but we don't know that. it just popped from the sky. he spent more time picking types of lipstick or eyeliners and other trivias than polishing really important part of story.

anyway we probably wouldn't be talking about this if we weren't f**ked by this "dev" so many times with delays because "he is not happy with sceen and he has rewrite it again and again". of course all that time milk is pouring. he is like taxi driver brings you almost to your destination and then turn car back to starting point because he didn't like the route and he'll take new one. of course his taximeter is still counting
Ahem, I just played through the game to completion and i thoroughly recall a scene where all the foreign language was just and I quote "Thai thai thai" for the entirety of it. For someone who rewrites scenes for a living this seems strange no?

Edit* if he actually pays attention to this thread, no you do not get to know where this stupid mistake is. It'll take you two years to fix it and you need no help in delaying more than you already do.

Last edited:

SikaNauta

Jul 21, 2017
Ahem, I just played through the game to completion and i thoroughly recall a scene where all the foreign language was just and I quote "Thai thai thai" for the entirety of it. For someone who rewrites scenes for a living this seems strange no?
That bothered me too. It would take about five minutes with google translate and they would have something better than a placeholder. Find a native speaker later if they want it perfect. Similar thing with some pictures. Headshots of other girls in the bar are a weird muddled mess (and is the picture of the office still a placeholder?). Again five minutes with any AICG generator and they would have something better.

Reactions: Nikolas-Ambross
Mar 3, 2019
I know what the problem is. She's a racist little white girl :ROFLMAO:. Fucking an Irish/scottish man is less traumatizing for her, since they are pretty much white people. But giving a BJ to a thai person on camera is horrible. Problem solved, this explanation actually explains her breakdown.
'Pretty much' is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. Everyone knows the Irish are a form of barely sentient potato.

• Haha
Reactions: vicaddict

boobthief

May 25, 2017
You forget the option where he has no clue where the story is actually supposed to go, let alone finish. He has ideas for scenes, but not an entire picture, it seems. He gets stuck writing about minute details in great length, stretching it as you say, but in the end he ends up nowhere.

He has transformed the game into a linear novel, which is fine and should make it easier for him, but he still can't deliver meaningful content. His writing is good, but over the last few years he introduced several new mechanics that never do anything and aren't even being used ever again. As I said, he loses himself in ideas for scenes and features, but doesn't know where he actually wants to go. No wonder writing takes so long when you literally have to force yourself to come up with something.

Sad thing is, we are still in the prologue. Then again, are we? What is the main game supposed to be when all of this is just the introduction?
I thought the (create a character then continue until you click on the testing link) was what was supposed to be happening in 1.19. In fact, one of the interactions, Jack, does happen in 1.19 but I guess those scenes got punched up and polished away until they were replaced with the hot vomiting toilet breakdown.

I am fairly certain there is an overall plan. The Scottish bar manager is very similar to the club manager character in the first(?) version of the game. There is a lot of seeding plot threads e.g. introducing characters for side missions, named bar regulars, hostel guests. Things a writer wouldn't do if they didn't know they needed them. Shame they don't go anywhere!

So I think the random test shows what working as a bar girl would be like in game. It could be really good and offer much-needed replayability and value for paying supporters.

But that's a lot of work and I just don't get the feeling productive work is happening on anything like a recognisable schedule.

Reactions: confu and MrAnarchy

boobthief

May 25, 2017
The issue is he planned shit, even though I've been telling him to plan the fucking game numerous times, once in dms, and on this forum, and on the discord, and eventually it's going to bite him in the ass. Eventually.

Guess what? the problem of rewriting a scene 60 times is solved, by not re-writing the scene. Don't do it. Nobody wants you to act out your OCD rewriting scenes, go wash your hands 60 times like normal people with OCD. This tells me that crush has no clue how to edit.. or even what he wants.
Agree, generally. The point I was trying and failing to make about words per minute is a good script isn't defined by word count and therefore how many words you write every day doesn't matter.

I think it's fair to say people want a good amount of content. I think developing this game, in particular, is like writing a TV script because of the scenes and dialogue. I want to see a lot more than fifteen minutes of gameplay for months of work. But I also don't want to read 1000 words describing the staff toilets in a brothel.

So, yes, there should be better planning per release / episode. Even something as simple as not forgetting to put the sex scenes in the sex game e.g. at this point in the game, this episode should have had more than some mild flirting over a book, one BJ, one bar shift.

But I also refuse to believe they were rewriting 80 hours per week, punching up three scenes eleven hours at a time or whatever was claimed.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
let simplified: lev tolstoy vs crush / war and peace vs female agent:
duration: 6 years (finished) / 6 years and sill on halfway
word count: 587,287 words / ???
payment: after book is delivered / every month no matter you deliver or not..
so please stop talking about crush and creative process in same sentence,
Sure, absolutely, valid comparison, some might say Crush is the Tolstoy of our generation!

word count: 587,287 words / 1,906,917 words (including code, I guess old Leo was too lazy to make his book in Twine)
sex scenes: ? / some

Looks like Crush wins! Suck it, then cry about it in the bathroom, Tolstoy!

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Sure, absolutely, valid comparison, some might say Crush is the Tolstoy of our generation!

word count: 587,287 words / 1,906,917 words (including code, I guess old Leo was too lazy to make his book in Twine)

The image I provided below. Is the files in the visual novel engine I made several years ago. It uses a xml like scripting system for building each scene dialog, multiple story paths and so on.
It amounts to about 12,000 lines of code total at best and about 120,000 words.
That includes all the functionality those files list.
That was just a proof of concept system. At present I am working on a fully graphical system to making a matter of drag and drop to create the stories and provide all the functionality so no need for a person to write a single line of script even.
That will probably finish out at 25,000 lines of code or about 250,000 words.

What is the point large word counts don't prove the person is good at anything.
Lets assume for a minute that his stories word count is that of 600,000. You are talking 1.3 million words for programming. Give the how little functionality it has that is more a sign of how bad someone is at programming. That isn't something to brag about more like something to be ashamed of. I'm of course assuming you separated the code that he created from that of the engine and didn't try to give him credit for that as well.

With using twine the programming is pretty rudimentary. In short twine has a standard set of ways for creating each page and providing the options on it. This means the code it generates to create the story has a poor re-usability and other issues. It also means he didn't do a lot of programming. So he really shouldn't get credit even for most if any of the code. It is machine / program generated.

I would need to compare an older version with the current version to see how many new images he made. The system apparently updates the dates on the images are not indicative of the creation date.

I didn't started doing graphics showing the sex not just text? In fact not seeing that in the images either. So could this be you are just talking about more text in the story? So nothing more than any of the sex novels women like to read. Most of which written under 2 years.

Conclusion:
Well his art work is pretty good. But not sure how much he has generated in the 6 months since he last published. But doesn't seem to be significant amount.
His writing is Ok not great. His actual word count is a bit under 100,000. I found the way they are preceded in the code and then did a search for all the lines that had it.
His code count you tried to give him credit for is a laugh no matter how you look at that. It should count more as an embarrassment not something to be proud of.

I find that manor of evaluating the author a bit lacking and disingenuous.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Geffe

Jul 14, 2019
So I think the random test shows what working as a bar girl would be like in game. It could be really good and offer much-needed replayability and value for paying supporters.
Honestly, I think a better idea than randomness would be to allow the player to choose from a short selection of encounters. Let the player engage with the content they want, rather than random encounters. Particularly since it seems unlikely that there will be enough randomised content to justify multiple playthroughs, given the slow pace of writing.

e.g At the start of a shift the player is presented with 3 options: Serve Beardy; Serve the office guys; Serve Aussie miner. The player can pick one. After that an 'end shift' option is added. The player can serve more customers, or continue the story if they aren't interested in the other content.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018

load of bs... what else to expect from milkman's groupie

Arkady

May 15, 2018
There is a lot of seeding plot threads e.g. introducing characters for side missions, named bar regulars, hostel guests. Things a writer wouldn't do if they didn't know they needed them.
Seriously, half a fucking brain cell would tell you the old lifepath version was essentially Crush doing stupid shit he didn't know he'd need for years, and the other half of that brain cell might even point out there's literally no indication Crush managed to evolved beyond a useless idiot wasting huge amounts of time delivering nothing of much note.

Reactions: berny

Aillor Nailo

Sep 12, 2020
Would it be difficult to alter the Connor/Boss interactions to make them, I wouldn't say more realistic, but more in line with her morale and corruption at that point?

I do not know if any of the earlier scenes with Connor/Boss is realistic. What does a bar maid need to do in the "casting"? I would presume Connor would find her attractive, understand her reluctance/potential and maybe not go too far that early? But maybe he doesn't care if she goes away or not? What do you think would be an appropriate stopping point? For her I would say topless but maybe fully nude just to push the interaction (corruption) a little bit? Maybe a lapdance in panties. But full sex without condom (i.e. rape) does not sit well.

The Boss would ask her out and that might also lead to partial or full nudity and maybe lapdance but it would make sense he has talked with Connor and knows to go slow if he is to succeed to get any from her.

Further interactions with Connor in private could further push her into doing more and more but the blowjob in this episode had been much more crucial if that had more or less been the furthest she has gone. That would sit well with the rest of the narrative.

So I was just thinking how much work it would be to redo these part? I have never done Twine etc but I guess you could just alter the HTML as well.

Reactions: Crackcocaine

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
So I was just thinking how much work it would be to redo these part? I have never done Twine etc but I guess you could just alter the HTML as well.
pls don't give any ideas of rewriting/remaking content to this awful milkman. otherwise we won't have 1.20 before 2030.

Reactions: MrAnarchy

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I do not know if any of the earlier scenes with Connor/Boss is realistic.
Connor is looking primarily for opportunity to get his dick wet, and to see if the girl can be potentially turned into another whore for their real business. If the applicant isn't comfortable with his approach, then it's no skin off his nose to simply reject her, there's plenty enough of desperate tourists that he doesn't need to bend over backward to play nice.

Same with the Boss. These guys are hardened criminals who view the girls as nothing but meat and commodity, willing to do anything to keep their shitty job. They have neither willingness nor patience to beat around the bush with them and waste (much) time on some white trash playing hard to get. In this sense yes, these interactions are pretty realistic.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
where mistake is made is: if owners are aware that they have more foreign waitresses than needed and one or two has to go upstairs or be fired, then why hiring new aussie girl? only motive is to drag mc into prostitution (since she is very popular and she can earn them some money). but we don't know that. it just popped from the sky. he spent more time picking types of lipstick or eyeliners and other trivias than polishing really important part of story.
It's a brothel, they scout new girls always. Nobody wants to see the same tits at the bar every night. Turning baristas into full trained whores is their jam. Clients will pay more for a chance to fuck the former barista than to fuck another whore.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Honestly, I think a better idea than randomness would be to allow the player to choose from a short selection of encounters. Let the player engage with the content they want, rather than random encounters. Particularly since it seems unlikely that there will be enough randomised content to justify multiple playthroughs, given the slow pace of writing.

e.g At the start of a shift the player is presented with 3 options: Serve Beardy; Serve the office guys; Serve Aussie miner. The player can pick one. After that an 'end shift' option is added. The player can serve more customers, or continue the story if they aren't interested in the other content.
If you mean 'serve' as in bargirl sucky fucky, yeah that makes sense. I think coercion and corruption are supposed to be a part of this game so I'm not sure how much choice you should actually be able to exercise...

Random encounters (serving drinks or dicks) could be the basis for an actual game loop (instead of the current linear narration) e.g. three bar shifts where there is a pool of 30 potential random encounters (serve customer x or let someone else do it, go to VIP, go to coyote, cry in the toilets etc.)

But that's a lot of work. But if the community got involved and wrote some of the scenes. But if Crush could manage time...

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Seriously, half a fucking brain cell would tell you the old lifepath version was essentially Crush doing stupid shit he didn't know he'd need for years, and the other half of that brain cell might even point out there's literally no indication Crush managed to evolved beyond a useless idiot wasting huge amounts of time delivering nothing of much note.
I disagree for the reasons I gave i.e. there's a lot of setup going on, which is indicative of planning.

I find it weird that you rage so hard about this game you love, attacking the developer and people merely discussing it. But it's entertaining so please do continue.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
The image I provided below. Is the files in the visual novel engine I made several years ago. It uses a xml like scripting system for building each scene dialog, multiple story paths and so on.
It amounts to about 12,000 lines of code total at best and about 120,000 words.
That includes all the functionality those files list.
That was just a proof of concept system. At present I am working on a fully graphical system to making a matter of drag and drop to create the stories and provide all the functionality so no need for a person to write a single line of script even.
That will probably finish out at 25,000 lines of code or about 250,000 words.

What is the point large word counts don't prove the person is good at anything.
Lets assume for a minute that his stories word count is that of 600,000. You are talking 1.3 million words for programming. Give the how little functionality it has that is more a sign of how bad someone is at programming. That isn't something to brag about more like something to be ashamed of. I'm of course assuming you separated the code that he created from that of the engine and didn't try to give him credit for that as well.

With using twine the programming is pretty rudimentary. In short twine has a standard set of ways for creating each page and providing the options on it. This means the code it generates to create the story has a poor re-usability and other issues. It also means he didn't do a lot of programming. So he really shouldn't get credit even for most if any of the code. It is machine / program generated.

I would need to compare an older version with the current version to see how many new images he made. The system apparently updates the dates on the images are not indicative of the creation date.

I didn't started doing graphics showing the sex not just text? In fact not seeing that in the images either. So could this be you are just talking about more text in the story? So nothing more than any of the sex novels women like to read. Most of which written under 2 years.

Conclusion:
Well his art work is pretty good. But not sure how much he has generated in the 6 months since he last published. But doesn't seem to be significant amount.
His writing is Ok not great. His actual word count is a bit under 100,000. I found the way they are preceded in the code and then did a search for all the lines that had it.
His code count you tried to give him credit for is a laugh no matter how you look at that. It should count more as an embarrassment not something to be proud of.

I find that manor of evaluating the author a bit lacking and disingenuous.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It was a joke because I find it utterly bizarre to compare the indie adult game Female Agent with War and Peace to determine the winrar.

The high word count / minified SLOCs is because of included libs. No idea if Twine has a word count but I don't care because in addition to above:

As I've stated before and will restate in a different way: word count is literally quantity not quality.

If you must compare Female Agent to something, maybe pick a popular (money earned per month) game on F95 and take a look at their release schedules and play time. They're often not great either. It's all pretty shitty.

Reactions: Diconica

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Random encounters (serving drinks or dicks) could be the basis for an actual game loop (instead of the current linear narration)
Also known as wasting developer time to add pointless grind to waste players' time. Does anyone seriously read and/or wank to randomly generated mad libs? It wouldn't add anything meaningful to the narrative, so what's even the point?

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes