boobthief

May 25, 2017
It's not. Current Lifepath stops pretty much at the early stages of university, so there's still work to be done there before reintegrating it.
At the end of the lifepath the protagonist has to be relatively wholesome, uncorrupted for the start of Bangkok.

So, best case scenario, Crush adds bridging content that includes at minimum: recruitment as a spy straight from university/college, interview/selection process, early career, all localized for 5 different countries. That's years of development.

At worst, Crush decides to make every lifepath decision be meaningful with variables leading to a rewrite of literally everything and polishes that forevermore. That's game over, man, game over!

I think the only way more lifepath could work is as a pretty vanilla prologue with a separate editor and community contributions.

I hope we continue playing Female Agent as a female agent.

TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017
At the end of the lifepath the protagonist has to be relatively wholesome, uncorrupted for the start of Bangkok.

So, best case scenario, Crush adds bridging content that includes at minimum: recruitment as a spy straight from university/college, interview/selection process, early career, all localized for 5 different countries. That's years of development.

At worst, Crush decides to make every lifepath decision be meaningful with variables leading to a rewrite of literally everything and polishes that forevermore. That's game over, man, game over!

I think the only way more lifepath could work is as a pretty vanilla prologue with a separate editor and community contributions.

Completely agree. Problem is there are long-time patreons that will hold him to the promise to integrate the lifepath back into it.

Reactions: boobthief

AnHorse

Aug 2, 2018
Someone just needs to jump in the gap and make a whole game out of the lifepath. It's clearly got an audience

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Someone just needs to jump in the gap and make a whole game out of the lifepath. It's clearly got an audience
There's already plenty of games about female high school and/or college students getting their freak on. I'd say that audience is well catered to.

Reactions: aifgamer

TheDeviant

Aug 7, 2017
Problem is patreons dream of how intricate the life path was for character development before becoming an agent. It makes the player identify more with the heroine through their choices. It just got to complex for Crushstation to do anything with it...

Reactions: Sissycuck111

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
Very thin update. A few drinks, some food, a few wardrobe malfunctions, a rushed fuck, a hasty departure. And that's it? Seriously? That's even less than I expected - and my expectancy was quite low. I am glad I don't support that one. I would feel duped.

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017

Turns out Crush played himself by being quite stupid.

You simply can't reintegrate the life path.
It's like a football match.
The referee pauses the match in the 15th minute and resumed it at the 55th minute.
Now it's suddenly 3 - 1 and the ref stops the match again to resume the match in the 15th minute with the score from the 55th minute.

The insane part is that Crush had no reason to do this at all.
No one forced him.
He just decided that it would be a good idea.

He could've simply fleshed out the life path, which wouldn't have taken that long.
We were already past University and having contact with the secret service.
An interview, some work buddy introductions who you didn't have to fuck so it's easy.
Perhaps introduce a romantic interest outside of work.
They move together, perhaps some barbecue with neighbours, it breaks apart WHATEVER.

And there you go, you can start the mission.

Meanwhile Crush acted as if he had to simulate the MCs entire life again.

Reactions: allenjohn

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016

It'd only be years of development because it's Crush doing it, a normal person would knock that out in a few months (like Crush did the first time around). He's also the one who removed it for no reason in the first place and then arbitrarily promised to re-add it somehow.

Reactions: Volontieur

prawnstar700

Oct 6, 2023
That's the reality of the multiverse - change one variable and the rest of the branches need to be changed. E.g. 5 traits (extraversion, neurotic etc) times 5 kinks (bisexual, rough etc) would equal to at least 25x the development time. Hence the only logical path is to finish one main story like the Earth 616 of Female Agent (Slut? Schizo?) then go back through and add variants for consistency.

Heck Crush can then add all the side quests and expand this universe forever like Marvel did. Nothing wrong with a subscription model, as long as there's progress in a reasonable time. As I meditated upon when FA might get complete tag, I realised that by delivering this episode on time Crush has silenced his naysayers once and for all!

All these years, you thought he's reseting for no reason, when in actuality he's trying all the project tools in existence from Scrum of One to beat sheets. Now he has risen as a God tier project manager, I must emphatically state that 2024 will be the year that Crush will deliver the linear story of our Female Agent, who will complete (or fail) her first mission.

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
Ironically, a game like Blue Swallow took the original life path of Female Agent that Crush removed and ran with it, making it even better than the original premise. And that original premise was the best part of Female Agent too IMO.
As much as I hope FA is a success, I wouldn't actually back the damn thing at this point, development is too shaky

3.50 star(s) 116 Votes