Sharpx23

Aug 15, 2022
I find blue swallow has paragraphs and paragraphs of text, it's superior in many ways, for example everything the developer wanted to achieve they brought to fruition in reasonable time, there are a lot of events and customization and a life path etc. but I think a weak point is the amount of text, I just don't want to read it. And another weak point is the art.

Crush's idea is good in theory, the problem is his execution has always been crappy and doesn't inspire any confidence that he can achieve his vision. If he can get the life path done and squared away by October, and then from then on offer 2 month updates because of the new sandbox structure/character effects, while providing lots of content, I would be impressed. But I doubt he can do this.

Vengeance_11

May 14, 2019
If he can get the life path done and squared away by October, and then from then on offer 2 month updates because of the new sandbox structure/character effects, while providing lots of content, I would be impressed. But I doubt he can do this.
As posted on the last page, the three mini story arcs were supposed to be squared away by the end of January 2023, but he's still working on the last of them a good 16 months later.

The lifepath announcement was to deflect attention away from the fact that he still hasn't delivered an update he said was done weeks ago. There's zero chance of him re-adding it within a reasonable time span.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I find blue swallow has paragraphs and paragraphs of text, it's superior in many ways, for example everything the developer wanted to achieve they brought to fruition in reasonable time, there are a lot of events and customization and a life path etc. but I think a weak point is the amount of text, I just don't want to read it. And another weak point is the art.
Ehh, since text is the main/only medium it has to work with, it's an odd complaint. Personally, i find the scenes strike a good balance between details and length. It reads similar to FA main quest (a bit more concise and faster paced, if anything) which is a good thing if you pick it up after FA as a more competent replacement.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017

Crush's idea is good in theory, the problem is his execution has always been crappy and doesn't inspire any confidence that he can achieve his vision. If he can get the life path done and squared away by October, and then from then on offer 2 month updates because of the new sandbox structure/character effects, while providing lots of content, I would be impressed. But I doubt he can do this.

I agree. I like Blue Swallow but FA has much better writing I think. Crush is actually a really good writer and I do really like where FA is heading. It needs more choices (so it is good he realises that) but most of all it needs more progress. The lack of updates, and dithering over plot is just atrocious and wastes any good-will the quality of his writing and setup provides.

hligahudiaunf

Feb 5, 2019
Ehh, since text is the main/only medium it has to work with, it's an odd complaint. Personally, i find the scenes strike a good balance between details and length. It reads similar to FA main quest (a bit more concise and faster paced, if anything) which is a good thing if you pick it up after FA as a more competent replacement.

I also think that FA is much better at this field. Huge amount of text just make it hard to enjoy playing, it feels like reading a book. Psychologicaly this is important to have small bits of texts on the screen, otherwise it feels like work instead of fun.
Also static avatar with just a few different clothes, almost no images, almost no text style. Only choices and huge book as a result. This feels like a completely different league. I would also say that sometimes text is hard to fully understand, it feels like AI result, maybe this is my language skill problem, but I dont have this problem with multiple other games.

But in general I understand logic, you want a lot of choices? Ok but you gonna be bad on all rest fields

Reactions: PhoenixAgain

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I also think that FA is much better at this field. Huge amount of text just make it hard to enjoy playing, it feels like reading a book. Psychologicaly this is important to have small bits of texts on the screen, otherwise it feels like work instead of fun.
For some people reading a book (particularly fiction) is fun. An opposite of work. There's no need to rope some shoddy "psychological" theory into it, when at the end of the day it boils down to nothing but individual preferences and what a person actually finds enjoyable.

The alternative and equally "psychological" take would be that having to click through 10 one-sentence screens instead of having it on single screen you can either read, skim or skip with a single click... is fucking annoying and not "fun".

(but all the extra clicking certainly helps to make the content feel longer, so that's valuable if you take months to produce one scene, i guess)

hligahudiaunf

Feb 5, 2019
For some people reading a book (particularly fiction) is fun. An opposite of work. There's no need to rope some shoddy "psychological" theory into it, when at the end of the day it boils down to nothing but individual preferences and what a person actually finds enjoyable.

The alternative and equally "psychological" take would be that having to click through 10 one-sentence screens instead of having it on single screen you can either read, skim or skip with a single click... is fucking annoying and not "fun".

(but all the extra clicking certainly helps to make the content feel longer, so that's valuable if you take months to produce one scene, i guess)
No I really mean something about modern psychology of people.
For example this:

Nowdays people more into short informational stuff, maybe this is why TikTok is so popular now, because people prefer short videos instead of long for example, so I think short passages is better

Feb 10, 2021
Last time I played Blue Swallow, the choices I made were completely meaningless, because for some reason the end result is random and it doesn't matter how much you try to reach an outcome. Did you ditch the party to study? Well too bad, you fail anyways, even if you've played a nerd up until now, because right at the end this hidden number was smaller than that other hidden number.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
Some testers liked playing this episode. But I’m not happy with it.
what a surprise. :D
few more months of polishing until release of 1.21, followed by drama on discord where he will throw a bait to sect: "i'm still not happy, please suggest scene improvment". sect will start pitching ideas and by christmas we'll have 1.21-2f. and his promise that not later than march 2025 he'll start working on 1.22

Senor Smut

Aug 11, 2020
A large part of this update was the club scene, and as I was playing it kept occurring to me what a complete waste of time and effort it was. Every single thing that happened, every beat, every action, every emotion, has happened at least three times before in the club. It constituted the majority of the update and it added literally nothing. Cut it out and put in "Kate had a normal shift at HCC" and it would have conveyed exactly the same meaning.

Centarius

Aug 20, 2019
My headcanon on what Crushstation's reaction to the Summertime Saga dumpster fire going on right now.

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
Сan anyone give a save file that start before last apdate?
You can click thru the whole novel in less than 7 minutes to reach a new update

or

start playing update right after character creation

Last edited:

Geffe

Jul 14, 2019
A large part of this update was the club scene, and as I was playing it kept occurring to me what a complete waste of time and effort it was. Every single thing that happened, every beat, every action, every emotion, has happened at least three times before in the club. It constituted the majority of the update and it added literally nothing. Cut it out and put in "Kate had a normal shift at HCC" and it would have conveyed exactly the same meaning.
Yeah, coming after White Russian, which already felt rather filler-ish, it felt unnecessary. Just generally, too many of the sex scenes are with semi-random dudes that have little or no relevance to the plot. Max, Cody, Kob, Kolya, Mac. It would have made more sense to focus on scenes that build both the story and the psychological and sexual relationships with the many already introduced characters (Kriangsak, Tid, Wun Sen, Ian, Sam, Somchai, etc) that presumably will be more involved with the mission. Constantly introducing new characters just means an ever smaller amount of words dedicated to the existing characters.

It wasn't bad, but most of it felt like thoroughly well-trodden ground.

zartarian

Jun 25, 2017
It would have made more sense to focus on scenes that build both the story and the psychological and sexual relationships with the many already introduced characters that presumably will be more involved with the mission
at this point he's creatively bankrupt, he has his little 3 sidequest plan from 2 years ago and is desperately writing filler bits between the vignettes he planned out, which includes what must be like the fifth individual connor sex scene in the game, where your character can either cum, or CUM REALLY HARD from being forced to have sex with her boss (at least she's not a bar girl teehee)

why couldn't we have a threesome with the couple we randomly climbed that tower with? why couldn't we at least fuck the guy behind her back, and cause drama between them as they are leaving? jealousy elements were there but left alone to go back to get groped at the bar then enthusiastically fuck the boss

why couldn't we have a threesome with the co-worker and her cuck bf? why couldn't we have sex with her and make him watch?

why couldn't we give into some of the VIP requests? why is she so conflicted over it and only dares masturbate thinking of it while she's getting fucked by connor on the daily

there's a lot of stuff that he leaves as background detail and just REFUSES to dive into it, because why would our protagonist have sex outside of her femme fatale mission

crush is writing the connor stuff like she's literally in love with him and forgoing anything else just so she can go get bent over by the guy that raped her first time they met then kept having to fuck (also cried over a blowjob after that btw).

crush, if you're fantasizing about a weird scottish man and writing this as a self-insert, that's ok, we won't judge you

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Last time I played Blue Swallow, the choices I made were completely meaningless, because for some reason the end result is random and it doesn't matter how much you try to reach an outcome. Did you ditch the party to study? Well too bad, you fail anyways, even if you've played a nerd up until now, because right at the end this hidden number was smaller than that other hidden number.
The choices you make influence the range of your dice roll, meaning character who spends her time studying has much better odds to get a high grade, than the one who didn't. That said, to be fair the numbers your dice roll is checked against are probably set too high -- it was mentioned during the previous update, and hopefully authors will look into it.

ynyn

Oct 21, 2018
I agree. I like Blue Swallow but FA has much better writing I think. Crush is actually a really good writer and I do really like where FA is heading. It needs more choices (so it is good he realises that) but most of all it needs more progress. The lack of updates, and dithering over plot is just atrocious and wastes any good-will the quality of his writing and setup provides.
At this point the question is, will GRRM publish The Winds of Winter first or will Crushstation finally make FA into a proper game?

Reactions: Heinzmonkey
3.50 star(s) 113 Votes