Sharpx23

Aug 15, 2022
at this point he's creatively bankrupt, he has his little 3 sidequest plan from 2 years ago and is desperately writing filler bits between the vignettes he planned out, which includes what must be like the fifth individual connor sex scene in the game, where your character can either cum, or CUM REALLY HARD from being forced to have sex with her boss (at least she's not a bar girl teehee)

why couldn't we have a threesome with the couple we randomly climbed that tower with? why couldn't we at least fuck the guy behind her back, and cause drama between them as they are leaving? jealousy elements were there but left alone to go back to get groped at the bar then enthusiastically fuck the boss

why couldn't we have a threesome with the co-worker and her cuck bf? why couldn't we have sex with her and make him watch?

why couldn't we give into some of the VIP requests? why is she so conflicted over it and only dares masturbate thinking of it while she's getting fucked by connor on the daily

there's a lot of stuff that he leaves as background detail and just REFUSES to dive into it, because why would our protagonist have sex outside of her femme fatale mission

crush is writing the connor stuff like she's literally in love with him and forgoing anything else just so she can go get bent over by the guy that raped her first time they met then kept having to fuck (also cried over a blowjob after that btw).

crush, if you're fantasizing about a weird scottish man and writing this as a self-insert, that's ok, we won't judge you
Crush is probably realizing that without character sheet data it's much harder to do character development. I would find it hard to ramp up intensity in a visual novel with a character if I didn't somehow plot how their corruption is advancing, and what boundaries are being eroded and what desires are becoming stronger etc. essentially the writer would have their own character sheet that no one sees except the writer. If he managed to bring back the lifepath and add effects to the character he could potentially have more of a framework with which to write the sex scenes in. But it really depends if this slows him down or speeds up updates (for crush i'd say slow down).

Ideally a writer will want to finish a whole game with the corruption path in mind. And then go back to the beginning and basically start the next branching route - not a prude route that would be dumb - but maybe there would be a female agent fallen/submissive route, and a female agent femme fatale route, and a female agent bimbo route or something like this. So you write the fallen route first with dice rolls/character sheet that work for that. Then go the femme fatale route next.

For some reason game devs try and do them all at once and imo it's harder to keep track of, takes focus off of doing one thing, and extends update times by double or triple so there is less game to play with longer waiting periods.

Geigi

Jul 7, 2017
I thought his most recent post on Patreon was quite revealing of his mindset. To quote: "Ultimately I can’t keep making the game if I don’t love it." (His italics). I thought it was a job, a full-time one at that? Why does this sound like a threat? If he was pausing payments or had structured it so that he was has being paid per release, he might have a point and could allow himself more freedom. Instead, he's being paid a large sum per month and those that are paying have to wait to see progress until he feels enthused again? This is absurd. This is childish. Everyone who writes experiences frustration or a lack of enthusiasm. Writers who deliver a column once, twice or three times or week -- do the words flow easily every time they sit down? Of course not. Is there any novelist or really anyone creative, totally and utterly happy with the end result of their work, and who doesn't wish to sneak a few edits in before it's handed in? There is not. But it's a job, there's a deadline. If I don't write this column, I won't get paid. If I don't hand this draft in, I'll lose my contract. Artists make comprises all the time.

Crush has, quite brilliantly, fashioned a world where he doesn't have to make any, he can just keep restarting, keep searching, and he'll be be rewarded. It's really in his best interests to never commit, never finish, no matter how bad or stressed he might feel about it, because he's being paid for the process never the result.
I think him rewriting it over and over is because he wants the writing to be perfect, but it feels to me that either he lost interest in the game, or he's having a writer's block.

• Sad
Reactions: ffive and gds21

Senor Smut

Aug 11, 2020
Man, that Discord over there is insane. Someone just pointed out that Crush working on branching narratives has to either make updates slower or shallower -- in other words, the most obvious common sense anyone could say about it. Crush's true believers responded with mockery. One of them just a asserted that a recent tiny change in Crush's working procedures will make him work three times as fast(!!). The amount of willful blindness over there is pathetic and alarming.

WalkTheEdge

Nov 29, 2017
What do you mean? She was "stuffed", as she says, by Big Mac in this update. Have you not played/read it?
Got the impression from his updates that this was Booth Babe and not Big Mac, but yeah you're right. I'd say my point still stands though

I think you should be a complete moron... (no, it's too harsh), overly optimistic (we were optimistic 3 years ago, so no) have a memory like a goldfish (10 sec?) to trust Crush
He relesed unfinished(!) episode after 7 (!!!!!!) months of development. His original estimation was ~2weeks - 1 month
So, how much worth in his promises? Think for yourself
Yeah I'm not trusting Crush, I was pointing out how incredibly behind his own schedule he is

Reactions: gds21
Apr 3, 2019
Man, that Discord over there is insane. Someone just pointed out that Crush working on branching narratives has to either make updates slower or shallower -- in other words, the most obvious common sense anyone could say about it. Crush's true believers responded with mockery. One of them just a asserted that a recent tiny change in Crush's working procedures will make him work three times as fast(!!). The amount of willful blindness over there is pathetic and alarming.
Most people there make their own reality, observe:

1717398606165.png

TL;DR "I'm a project manager and I asked Crush just out of curiosity to see how he handles the project.

Comment from a "concerned fan":

1717398661000.png

"Crush has a PM to hold him accountable!!"

Reactions: robin312 and gds21

Sharpx23

Aug 15, 2022
The update was really short for what? development since at least December? Lets say he took 4 weeks off for christmas and new years. That would still be 2 weeks in december and 2 weeks in January. So basically lets start counting the update time from January. Also because the last update was November 28th or something? But I will assume most devs will release an update and take a break for a week as well so they don't burn out. That's 5 months of update for the content we got?

I'll tell you right now the amount of content we got is 1 month of work at most, especially if you go around writing that you're working your ass off, 6 hours a day, 5 days a week? If he works 1 hour a day or something maybe 5 months makes sense.

Especially short if that insanely bad project manager is saying crush has the story all planned out in good enough detail.. then we should be seeing monthly updates. I am sorry but if it takes crush 1 week to write 2 sentences describing a room (in one of his transition slides) he needs to get another job, writing is not it. And although those 2 sentences were written really well, we'd all agree fuck em, write it like a neanderthal and release the updates sooner.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018
For some reason game devs try and do them all at once and imo it's harder to keep track of, takes focus off of doing one thing, and extends update times by double or triple so there is less game to play with longer waiting periods.
I think this is because the writers aren't even thinking about routes, rather they're envisioning a more sandboxed RPG concept where the character has more options to roleplay as opposed to locking themselves in within strict routes like a visual novel.
The problem is that this concept is **extremely** difficult to pull off because it requires that the dev account for so many scenarios and combinations of scenarios in order to make choices feel meaningful. It creates this sort of exponential amount of work as the story gets further along.
Your idea about writing and finishing specific routes is what many of these devs should be doing. This way they can reduce the amount of gigantic plot holes and wacky character development that can happen by locking in certain routes based on important decisions, and then focus on giving options within those routes.

Reactions: Sharpx23

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
I think this is because the writers aren't even thinking about routes, rather they're envisioning a more sandboxed RPG concept where the character has more options to roleplay as opposed to locking themselves in within strict routes like a visual novel.
The problem is that this concept is **extremely** difficult to pull off because it requires that the dev account for so many scenarios and combinations of scenarios in order to make choices feel meaningful. It creates this sort of exponential amount of work as the story gets further along.
Your idea about writing and finishing specific routes is what many of these devs should be doing. This way they can reduce the amount of gigantic plot holes and wacky character development that can happen by locking in certain routes based on important decisions, and then focus on giving options within those routes.
Dont call this an rpg.. In rpg you have choices and your choices matter. In this one its "do this or game over"..

Dec 26, 2018
Dont call this an rpg.. In rpg you have choices and your choices matter. In this one its "do this or game over"..
Oh yeah I'm not saying this is a (good) RPG, I'm just saying that this is what the devs may be envisioning because the myriad of choices they have going on that are struggling to go anywhere seems to indicate that.

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
Oh yeah I'm not saying this is a (good) RPG, I'm just saying that this is what the devs may be envisioning because the myriad of choices they have going on that are struggling to go anywhere seems to indicate that.
I really dont know any more what the Dev is planning with this game.. Its like its gotten to big for him to manage..

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I don't think that is necessarily true. All it needs is a modular approach. For example, you could have a variable that tracks suspicion, where not doing certain compromising acts raises suspicion. This would allow our agent to step back from some events, but then they raise suspicion and are then limited in other spy routes. Then you have modular spy sub-goals or missions that you can fail, but if you succeed you get extra intel or some other tangible benefit. Have a little tension in the game with the ability to fail outright by either being discovered or pulled off if suspicion gets too high or if the mission isn't yielding enough intel. And this is just with 5 minutes thought - I am sure Crush could come up with more sophisticated ideas, like maybe gaining trust of individual coworkers and playing them off against each other, but having to choose which one to focus on.

Reactions: thebizard

Senor Smut

Aug 11, 2020
I don't think that is necessarily true. All it needs is a modular approach. For example, you could have a variable that tracks suspicion, where not doing certain compromising acts raises suspicion. This would allow our agent to step back from some events, but then they raise suspicion and are then limited in other spy routes. Then you have modular spy sub-goals or missions that you can fail, but if you succeed you get extra intel or some other tangible benefit. Have a little tension in the game with the ability to fail outright by either being discovered or pulled off if suspicion gets too high or if the mission isn't yielding enough intel. And this is just with 5 minutes thought - I am sure Crush could come up with more sophisticated ideas, like maybe gaining trust of individual coworkers and playing them off against each other, but having to choose which one to focus on.
But Crush also has a massive problem with implementation. He took seven months to produce an update that was at least half stuff that's already been done and said in more or less the exact same way, by the exact same characters...what, three times now? Four? Any additional work is guaranteed to paralyze him. It wouldn't be a big deal if he were a competent developer, but he's spent the past seven years proving that he's not.

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
It wouldn't be a big deal if he were a competent developer, but he's spent the past seven years proving that he's not.
To develop novel you need to be a good writer, not a good developer
It requires just some basic development skill that any person can learn

Frankly speaking there are a lot of writers that can write a good text, but their completely mediocre in creating a fascinating plot and vice versa

And there is a proven solution for such guys: they work in pair and together they may achieve things that they can't do separately. It works like skill multiplication

For me it's clear that only goal Crush has is making money. He doesn't want to create a good game, share his fantasy with us, because otherwise he would find someone who would cover his weak parts with one's strong ones.

It's obvious that Crush a good writer, but he can't craft a good plot and he needs someone who has the ideas.
It's obvious that Crush understands it himself much better than anyone

Did he change anything?
No.
And that big "No" speaks about everything

Last edited:

Sharpx23

Aug 15, 2022
To develop novel you need to be a good writer, not a good developer
It requires just some basic development skill that any person can learn

Frankly speaking there are a lot of writers that can write a good text, but their completely mediocre in creating a fascinating plot and vice versa

And there is a proven solution for such guys: they work in pair and together they may achieve things that they can't do separately. It works like skill multiplication

For me it's clear that only goal Crush has is making money. He doesn't want to create a good game, share his fantasy with us, because otherwise he would find someone who would cover his weak parts with one's strong ones.

It's obvious that Crush a good writer, but he can't craft a good plot and he needs someone who has the ideas.
It's obvious that Crush understands it himself much better than anyone

Did he change something?
No.
And that big "No" speaks about everything
There's also such a problem as having too many ideas and being indecisive, which as a perfectionist I suffer from. In that case if I was writing a game I would have to sit down for a week a few hours every day and really work through what I want and develop the plot first before i even start writing etc. (ie have some serious time invested in planning)... what's funny is that Project manager said crush has everything planned out so there is no excuse as to why it's taking so long.

Derrida

Jan 30, 2019
I'm sceptical of the idea that the story is not ready to move into bargirl territory. Revisit the premise. Produce a threat to our heroine's cover or create some urgency -- Devilfish might be winding down his operations in the club because he's suspicious -- or both! Make things as difficult as possible for her. If you don't commit, you'll be fired and Devilfish will escape.

3.50 star(s) 113 Votes