Sharpx23

Aug 15, 2022
I usually find in my experience that project managers whose only skill is to project manage, suck. They delay things inevitably because they are praying for someone else to do the work. If you want things done you need to be someone who gets things done, and has the skill set to do those things OR who is willing to learn and then do it. This takes a good amount of initiative and self sufficiency that most project managers lack, otherwise they would not be dictating shit and just do it themselves. When someone tells me they are a project manager, my first thought is... oh so you're a lazy mother fucker. got it.

Senor Smut

Aug 11, 2020
This thread was started in 2017, so yes, it has been in development for at least seven years. Most of us will never see the final release, because most people here will not last that long. Neither will Crush for that matter.

The irony is that he claims to have been a project manager, so he should know how timelines and schedules work. Either he is the worst project manager ever, or the best. Depending on, if the project was to finish the game or to drag it out for as long as possible as that is the source of his income. I'll let others be the judges on that.

Eiter way, you are free to enjoy the game of course, but don't expect anything more for the next two years. Now that he has decided to bring back the second (?) version of his game and combine it with the third (?), there is to chance in hell that it gets done before that. Like I said, I am sure he will reboot it again, because both versions of the game won't go together, unless he starts all over again.
Exactly this. He's already said that his MOABS will necessitate not only a full lifepath (which till take him at least 18 months and likely more to complete) but also reworking most of what he's written so far, which will be at least the work of another 18 months -- and I do mean likely more time for both of those, so it will probably be another four years before a ny story progress is even attempted, at which point he will go radio silent for six months because he's working SO hard, at least THIRTY HOURS A DAY, TWELVE DAYS A WEEK and doesn't have time to update the plebs on what he's doing. Of course somewhere along that line he will discover that either A) previous decisions have rendered impossible what he planned to do, or B) technological changes have made the old code obsolete, and therefore he will abandon the lengthy soft reboot he's now embarked on in favor of a hard reboot that sends him straight back to square one. Kate will NEVER bargirl.

Reactions: @Lonely Wolf

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
On the plus side: in the mean time the lovely Lady Victoria will have produced enough clothing to supply the entirety of South East Asia with it.

Apr 3, 2019
I usually find in my experience that project managers whose only skill is to project manage, suck. They delay things inevitably because they are praying for someone else to do the work. If you want things done you need to be someone who gets things done, and has the skill set to do those things OR who is willing to learn and then do it. This takes a good amount of initiative and self sufficiency that most project managers lack, otherwise they would not be dictating shit and just do it themselves. When someone tells me they are a project manager, my first thought is... oh so you're a lazy mother fucker. got it.

Being a good project manager is really hard because, among other things, you have to predict the future.

Being a bad project manager is REALLY easy because, among other things, you can ignore the future.

Really, it's not about being lazy or not. It's about being content with saying "Sorry, it will be done soon, one of these days" again and again.

3.50 star(s) 114 Votes