HTML - Female Agent [v1.20.1p] [Crushstation]

1. 1.00 star(s)

okfairenough

I used to defend this guy but the more I see his posts and the development pace, the more it seems like a money milking scheme. It's been 4 months since he's announced the MFAGA plan and we have about 30 minutes of gameplay to show for it. Mind you, he's making around 6.5k USD per month, that means about 26000 dollars went into the development.

For the past month he's been working on adding facial features. He's got an illustrator (Victoria). Why the hell can't the story progress while Victoria works on the illustrations? Aren't the story and illustrations worked on by different people? Makes no sense to me.

Probably one of the best adult games I've played so far.

Female Agent has some of the most complex and diverse storylines I've seen in any adult game, closest is probably GGGB. It does something none of the other games do, give your character a personality. I absolutely dig the character creation and early life.

Many people are bitching because the developer took some time out to make some fundamental changes to how the base game is implemented which was slowing them down. With the new changes, v1.8 was implemented in just 3 weeks. Given this new pace, I'm sure we will start seeing content at a much quicker pace.

I also love the new character models, they look much more realistic than the doll figures from the previous version. The new layout looks awesome too.

I have nothing negative to say about this game other than maybe the slow development pace, but with the new changes that is expected to change. I wish more games like this existed.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

DrunkMonkGar

This game today is further away from completion than it was when it went public three God damn years ago.
    Even the content that was well written and worthwhile to play through has been stripped away.
    Avoid this game.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

abao

Very promising start.....when it was first released.

After literal years of no new content, this is probably never going to be enjoyable.

The game is about an agent whose going to work undercover, but after all the training, all the backstory, all we get is "it'll happen in further releases".

The actual game is missing. All we have is an empty system.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

hexenhaus

The most overrated character creator being in "active" development.

The story progression is literally negative development-wise. Instead of expanding the story on the very good the base the developer created with literally the 1st version, they introduce new features and rework the introduction and the underlying game mechanics. As it stands now the game seems to be a prequel in the form of an overblown character creator.
    I mean cool, random rolls add replayability and I sure like the idea that hidden stats (the agents backgrounds) influence mission success and so on, but replayabilty requires content in the 1st place.

For sure a dozen hidden stats and early branching (diversity) will translate into a faster development...
  5. 5.00 star(s)

notagain1234

Excellent writing, hits all my exhibitionist fetishes. Definitely worth a playthrough, the game has a linear, but branching storyline, giving a good hour or so of content and replayability. Pace of development is slow.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Nope

Had really high hopes for this game since I like mostly text based stuff. The idea of an agent willing to take an assignment as a whore due to being driven to advance her career, being promiscuous, or a combination of the two was also interesting. Unfortunately the game doesn't offer that and I don't see any signs of that changing, hence the "poor" rating. The content that is there, which is basically an intro, is fairly well done though.

Will revisit the review if my impression changes with later updates.

6:22 edit: Was looking through my ratings for various games and seeing if I needed to revisit any of them. This one kinda stood out. I put it at 2 stars and comparing it to other games I had rated 2 stars makes it seem like an unfair rating. Bumping it up 3 for now since I do enjoy the content that is available.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

timmythaler

I was honestly surprised and very impressed by the great combination of Intelligent writing and good story, great drawn art and the hot content.
    The great character creation, avatar system and vivid backstory put this to another level. I am very much looking forward for the next content.
    In general: Top-notch, absolute great job!
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Anal69always

It would be five stars if the story was progressing at all - the game has such big promise and the writing is really good. Unfortunately the developer just seems to be stuck in a rut or something, and hasn't produced anything meaningful for quite a while. Hopefully this will change soon!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Dololmoa

Really good plot and narration, a lot of options and nice scenes. Character creation is very well made, the background story is nice and it really helps ground your character in the story. The sex is very intuitive and the AI is actually very good, it surprised me. It's a really good quality game, I hope it sees lots of updates
  10. 3.00 star(s)

GrimmShade

When comparing to other HTML games this game I can say that the effort put in is amazing. The charactercreation feature although a little lacking is still very vast and customizable. The story (so far) is ok and unique.

The one major thing that kinda ruins the game is its slow development. I understand that making games takes time and effort and that creators often get burned when story writing, but its been 3 years since this game was made and creators who have started around the same time have either completed or have been updating more frequently.

I can tell your team is putting alot of effort into this game and I don't want to sound mean Since i really have enjoyed your game. All I can say is don't work on a huge amount of content then later publish it becuase by the time you announce it alot of fans will be gone, try adding it in parts like one on story then the next being gameplay and so on to keep the players interested and your team from overworking yourselfs.

Overall Giving it a : 3.5/5
    Would Reccomend to Others? : Yes
  11. 5.00 star(s)

SieglindeIsBestSieg

By far one of the best and most complex game I've played from this website. Brilliant choices and a whole host of different scenarios that can occur based on how you set up your backstory. So Hype for when the next update comes out!!
  12. 2.00 star(s)

madchef

Well, it's yet another HTML-based eroticised paper doll game, with some potential, but not enough captivating story or smut to really stand out among other similar concepts. Too many irrelevant stats for what is a basically just a whore manager in secret agent's disguise. The only interesting things rarely seen elsewhere are two backs: backstory configuration and backview of your paper doll. Good graphics though, but very little substance, especially for a game that's been in development for almost 3 years now.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

jojo_biggums

I really want to love this game, but it's essentially just an erotic character creation menu with a smattering of smut. The glut of skills is particularly preposterous- it is hard to imagine how my skills in Horse Riding, Winter Sports or Bass Guitar will ever lead to meaningful gameplay or titillating scenarios.

I guess I'm just mad that there's hints of a GOAT female protagonist corruption game here. The writing and art are great and it's obvious the creator has gone to painstaking lengths to fulfill their vision... but it sort of falls apart when our female agent can never even make it to Bangkok. This game never gets out of the first act- only scratching the surface of both the narrative and its own potential.

Worth checking out, but be prepared for disappointment. I hope the creator finds the ardor to write act 2 someday.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

CloudingMushroom

It was kinda cool for a while that the game was building up to be something really worthwhile. I think that's why a lot of people gave this 5 stars.

But, despite the developer's frequent 'interaction' with the fans, the game has been at a virtual standstill in terms of story for well over a year with much more attention given to meaningless visual and niche customisation. So I think its now less about how we think the game will look and more about what it is now. For this kind of game, I'm less willing to give time (keep in mind this game this game has been around for a long time now), although I appreciate how much effort has gone into drawing. Better games have been made in a fraction of the time without the backing this has had on patreon.

Right now, the plot has barely reached the main setting, the vast majority of choices made thus far have had no implications to the story. So, it is not an rpg yet. It is meaningless and a poor investment of time. None of the characters have had any depth whatsoever and many are just thrown away after a few scenes (the way the plot has progressed, it didn't seem like depth was on the to do list).

I hope to change the review but given how the game is going, it'll be years before anything and I don't think I would care to on my 84th birthday.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Felix the Lucky

A lovely HTML game, with lot of attention to details. It a text adventure where you have a character whom you can create at the beginning. A lovely idea, because you can have many options to customise your agent.

I can recommend it to everyone wholeheartedly, at least do yourself a favour to try it.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

Best HTML game I have ever played. Protagonist's appearance follow the text and the picture refressing if something happen in the story. There are lot of opportunity to character custumization by choices and unblock choices matters in the game. Exciting the world of a female secret agent aspect of action and sexuality too.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Butts McGee

Not much content yet, but a very promising game with a solid dev team. Well worth keeping an eye on it. If the game turns out to be half as good as it could be, then it'll be what NewLife aspires to (and falls drastically short of).
  18. 3.00 star(s)

sForce

It's a bit difficult giving this game a fair review, because I'm so split on it.

On the one hand, the quality of the writing and scene planning is first rate. The developer is no doubt taking great care to make the setting and scenes feel as realistic and real as they can given the circumstances. I was happy to see the character creation at the start work so well, ...

... but it also doesn't seem to make much of a difference. There are a handful of kink interludes during the school period, but aside from that I didn't notice any great differences with two vastly different characters and play styles.

Now to the downsides. I can only think of two, but both are on the major side.

First: the game feels very linear. To some degree that's to be expected with a story driven tale like this, but the number of optional "interlewds" is definitely way too little.

Second: the game has been out for more than two years and the developer earns >$6k per month now through his patreon. It's a great accomplishment to be so popular, but the popularity and financing doesn't appear to reflect in the game status. This is a game about a female agent in Bangkok and in the current version we haven't even arrived there yet!

Is the game well done? Absolutely. Does it make you want to play more? No doubt. Is there enough of the game? Not even close. Frankly, this feels like a demo version of a newly released video game, like those I got on discs and later CDs when buying gaming magazines. I would've easily rated this 4 or 5 stars if there had been more of it, but after 2+ years in development, the lack of content and the (too) linear gameplay has to be factored in as well.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

wwobbles

Interesting premise and story, with great and unique character customization. I really like the multiple kinks, dialogue choices, and character traits you can choose from and wish more games did stuff like this.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

bsr2

For an HTML game this is by far the best. My ONLY complaint is I wish there is more when it comes to the sex scenes. I hate that you just see your character naked, I would love if there was some more to them.