4.10 star(s) 31 Votes

Ryonaman

Apr 15, 2018
Did this have a substantial update in like 6 months? I dont like the story or futas much so I wont bother for a few scenes.

_Cosmo_

May 2, 2020
I'm not sure where this game is going, but what's most annoying is the fact, that using settings you're unable to save the game. Instead you always have to attend a conversation nad save it from there.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
I'm not sure where this game is going, but what's most annoying is the fact, that using settings you're unable to save the game. Instead you always have to attend a conversation nad save it from there.
According to Darktoz, that has been fixed in 0.3.3... haven't tried it yet though, will test later today

Reactions: _Cosmo_

ipps

Dec 27, 2018
Well, it took him 5 months. And unlike others I know this is because he works on 2 games at the same time, and releasing big updates every 2 months is a mad achievement, especially when you're consistent like him...but considering he will switch to working on his Dark Elf game now, the next update is 4-5 months away. Wouldn't say that is "soon".
Honestly, i love darktoz. He's less a game designer than an author (and i dont think he'd suggest otherwise - he works within his capabilities to deliver something fantastic almost every time - with this possible exception of cbde).

But maybe its sort of time he moves into some of the more mainstream (and apparently simpler) systems instead of trying to polish cbde. We all know he needs 3 projects on the go at once, and my belief is that once he knocks out a renpy game he'll find mantis an absolute breeze. But instead he's running two games on the same platform and it has to be driving him nuts. Once he finishes one, its onto the second game under the same system, using the same code, doing the same lines, fixing the same bugs. He should drop cbde (or just declare it finished, it is!), then go enjoy learning a new skill using a new system for his latest idea and play around with that for a while. Imagine a darktoz sick to death of renpy, throwing out his first take on it, then coming back to good old... is it still rpgm? He'd be in heaven! Then once that's finished, time to apply new skills to his 3rd project. The dude clearly needs a challenge for that huge sexy brain of his. So let's close the cbde chapter and move on. I want a darktoz visual novel with all darktoz/marco art and no hokey forced grind mechanics.

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Honestly, i love darktoz. He's less a game designer than an author (and i dont think he'd suggest otherwise - he works within his capabilities to deliver something fantastic almost every time - with this possible exception of cbde).

But maybe its sort of time he moves into some of the more mainstream (and apparently simpler) systems instead of trying to polish cbde. We all know he needs 3 projects on the go at once, and my belief is that once he knocks out a renpy game he'll find mantis an absolute breeze. But instead he's running two games on the same platform and it has to be driving him nuts. Once he finishes one, its onto the second game under the same system, using the same code, doing the same lines, fixing the same bugs. He should drop cbde (or just declare it finished, it is!), then go enjoy learning a new skill using a new system for his latest idea and play around with that for a while. Imagine a darktoz sick to death of renpy, throwing out his first take on it, then coming back to good old... is it still rpgm? He'd be in heaven! Then once that's finished, time to apply new skills to his 3rd project. The dude clearly needs a challenge for that huge sexy brain of his. So let's close the cbde chapter and move on. I want a darktoz visual novel with all darktoz/marco art and no hokey forced grind mechanics.
I agree with most of what you said, but visual novels with precious, but few exceptions, bore me to tears. I like some of the repetitive tasks in games like this, it adds something to actually do, more closely resembling a game, rather than passively flipping pages. While I like a good story, I prefer game-mechanics containing releases when it comes to games, even the the dreaded sandbox and what many consider grinding - because I incorporate the grinding into the fantasy...in fact it is like a new dimension of "punishment" when you play as a sub. This is why I love when elements of visual novels are combined with even the horrifying RPGM system, which I found to be cute anyways. I really wish darktoz will persevere with this game at least and make it a LONG and GRINDY game until its complete. Then he could relax with some page-flipping stories with pictures, sure.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Choo-choo

whocares3344

Sep 28, 2017
The changelog for 0.3.2 mentions: "New area: Latex Underground Club"

Does anyone know how to get access to that? I assume it's behind the door in the Blue Oyster, guarded by this Commander Kane. But she always shoos me away, I can't get in. I tried doing a lot of work in the club and giving money to the bartender, but it doesn't seem to help.

SurprisedMoth

Sep 29, 2017
The changelog for 0.3.2 mentions: "New area: Latex Underground Club"

Does anyone know how to get access to that? I assume it's behind the door in the Blue Oyster, guarded by this Commander Kane. But she always shoos me away, I can't get in. I tried doing a lot of work in the club and giving money to the bartender, but it doesn't seem to help.
I don't know what exactly triggers the event, but I think you just need to wait certain amount of days. Current game update ends on day 50-60. Try reaching that.

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
I don't know what exactly triggers the event, but I think you just need to wait certain amount of days. Current game update ends on day 50-60. Try reaching that.
I think it's also your reputation. But yes, if you keep going to the Blue Oyster, paying a little to the owner, and working there, eventually the event will happen.

whocares3344

Sep 28, 2017
Yep, that seems to be it. Once I got to day 40, after my 4th time paying taxes with commendation, I got access the underground club as soon as I entered the Blue Oyster.

Thanks to everyone who replied!

4.10 star(s) 31 Votes