4.10 star(s) 31 Votes

Gamemaking

Dec 1, 2018
Darktoz made a poll recently, to see who got problems with running the game and who doesn't. And about 92% of his patreon supporters said they have no issues running it.

Like Aseratrix, I have 16gb ram and I also never had an issue with the game. And I can run it without the game slowing down significantly after 50 days or so.

I doubt he will do much fixing unless you can tell him a specific solution that does not affect his playerbase who can run this game without issues.

wiselord

Sep 3, 2017
Darktoz made a poll recently, to see who got problems with running the game and who doesn't. And about 92% of his patreon supporters said they have no issues running it.

Like Aseratrix, I have 16gb ram and I also never had an issue with the game. And I can run it without the game slowing down significantly after 50 days or so.

I doubt he will do much fixing unless you can tell him a specific solution that does not affect his playerbase who can run this game without issues.
that's a shame, I have no idea how it happened, but is a save file that is 8,000 kb normal for the game? guess i'll just have to pass on it then. Loved his earlier games, but thinking back to it, hasn't saving/loading issues being an issue with the games even with the RPG maker ones? Like I said in my post it could be use of skip, or that I saved in dialog, appart from that I haven't done anything which would cause saves to take 10+ mins to load

wiselord

Sep 3, 2017

Also the game isn't slowing, it runs fine, it just takes an extreme amount of time for it to load most saves (way before day 40) its just at that point whatever has happened (a feedback loop or errors?) has built up to the point where it takes somewhere betwen 10-20 mins for it to load a save.

Gamemaking

Dec 1, 2018
Loved his earlier games, but thinking back to it, hasn't saving/loading issues being an issue with the games even with the RPG maker ones?
No. At least not for me. I think that all RPG Maker games work more or less the same, it is a rather tight framework. Visual Novel Maker and RPG Maker are from the same company, I think. If you have trouble even with loading rpg maker games it might be worth seeking help in the official rpg maker forums.

Or maybe try bip77 's solution. might be worth trying it through a browser.

wiselord

Sep 3, 2017
No. At least not for me. I think that all RPG Maker games work more or less the same, it is a rather tight framework. Visual Novel Maker and RPG Maker are from the same company, I think. If you have trouble even with loading rpg maker games it might be worth seeking help in the official rpg maker forums.

Didn't you play the dark elf one, in its first release if you did certain things then it would no longer let you save, there was a quick patch and everything Which to me seems to be a coding issue, like it seems to be with this game

wiselord

Sep 3, 2017

what if I give you one of the saves, and you try to load it, it'll show you there is a problem with the save

Gamemaking

Dec 1, 2018
Didn't you play the dark elf one, in its first release if you did certain things then it would no longer let you save, there was a quick patch and everything Which to me seems to be a coding issue, like it seems to be with this game
I cannot remember a save issue with captured by dark elves. ever. and darktoz does not code the save system. rpg maker comes with a premade save system. That is why every rpg maker menu does look the same. I don't know about visual novel maker, but i would bet money on it that it comes with one as well. Just like renpy comes with a premade save system. most devs here use these systems because coding a save system yourself is more than hard.

btw i am not arguing with you that there isn't a problem with your save. just was pointing out possible solutions or ways to fix it.

wiselord

Sep 3, 2017
If it's true what they try to rationalise, then everybody should have the same problem. As it is now, the users who have this issue are public examples that it exists.
I can't say for others but for me its less memory leak and more save bloat and the code in the save seems to show that. In my latest save there are 1000s of repatitions of scene checks and nulls. Don't know if that's the same for everyone else, but the file almost 9000 kb's vs my earliest save which is only just over 400 kb's. I don't have this issue with any other game that uses this software i'd like to note

Reactions: pabo

wiselord

Sep 3, 2017
I cannot remember a save issue with captured by dark elves. ever. and darktoz does not code the save system. rpg maker comes with a premade save system. That is why every rpg maker menu does look the same. I don't know about visual novel maker, but i would bet money on it that it comes with one as well. Just like renpy comes with a premade save system. most devs here use these systems because coding a save system yourself is more than hard.

btw i am not arguing with you that there isn't a problem with your save. just was pointing out possible solutions or ways to fix it.
I would like to note this issue hasn't happened with any other visual novel maker games I have played, and I've played a few. from what I can see it seems to be a rendering thing, as in the saves code it has thousands of repatitions of scenes as well as nulls in the null section. i'll include a text do with the sheer amount. oh, forgot to mention, you'll see it as well, of the almost 9000 kb of the save over 7000 is just this

Reactions: pabo

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Anyone knows how to get to this scene ?? I mean which day ??
I've started a new game and played through to day 80 maxing my stats, trying all possible options... and I wasn't able to get it. My best guess is that this render is a part of a scene which is still WIP and wasn't included in this release. Judging by the background, this would most likely be in the gym showers - you can catch a glimpse of same blue tiles in the doorway at the back of the gym (which is not currently clickable) and in a scene with Nikita. Tanya also mentions that if she wanted something from the MC, she would've taken it without asking. Perhaps, there will be an encounter with Tanya at the gym in the next release?

adislvsub

Oct 13, 2019
I've started a new game and played through to day 80 maxing my stats, trying all possible options... and I wasn't able to get it. My best guess is that this render is a part of a scene which is still WIP and wasn't included in this release. Judging by the background, this would most likely be in the gym showers - you can catch a glimpse of same blue tiles in the doorway at the back of the gym (which is not currently clickable) and in a scene with Nikita. Tanya also mentions that if she wanted something from the MC, she would've taken it without asking. Perhaps, there will be an encounter with Tanya at the gym in the next release?
Sure looks like that

Mar 18, 2019
Great job again - Darktoz is genious. I have played the game from day 1 to 71 ... didn't find any bugs. Expecting the new version whenever it's ready.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
I've finished it. An earlier post mentioned a "date" with the redhead bureaucrat girl around day 70? That bitch just flipped me off! What am I doing wrong?
You should get a "date" with Eva on day 60, just after paying taxes. Be sure to always ask her what you can do for her on earlier visits!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: chthonic_goat_666

pabo

Oct 28, 2018
Ahh that's where I fucked up, I never clicked any of the dialogue options. Guess I don't fancy that one, partially due to the fact she wears a Nazi uniform. IIRC there's another woman who wears a Nazi-esque uniform. Is the author German or something?
But such uniforms are common BDSM/femdom fetishes and tropes.
Besides, M.A.N.T.I.S. organization itself can be compared to nazi/fascist societies.

4.10 star(s) 31 Votes