4.10 star(s) 31 Votes

Taimant

Nov 26, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: ipps

Entropylol

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
When i click on game.exe just appears a white screen that never gets me in the game, anyone knows what is going on?

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Someone posts an Alexa Bliss gif, personally I think she's a decent worker but if that's enough for you to say "fuck my player base" then you do you.

Have you let your player base know they might not get an update for probably the shittest reason i've read?
No dev should release another dev's game within a day of release and maybe even in general as I think it's not polite to do so. It's not the same context and optics as a player doing it, and yes, my perception is that it was a sense of entitlement to trash a dev for wanting to let another dev to have a few days to release it themselves. I can't speculate to one's state of mind, only that I think it was poor form to do so.

What I will do about my game is independent of any specific individual, but rather a combination of various factors. I am probably losing almost 5,000 a month doing the game in a worst case scenario and about 2-3k in a best case scenario, so that is a much bigger factor than any single poster or even group of them. But yes, if the player base was acting too entitled and not appreciating the effort, of course that is a variable in an overall calculation. Nobody wants to not enjoy working on their project, and if people can make you feel negative emotions - in particular since it is not a financial means to an end but a labor of love - why subject yourself to that emotion?

But thanks for sharing your perspective, I know it's only one message out of over 12,000, but I do appreciate it. Have a nice day.

yanou769

Dec 16, 2018
Sorry but I can't find the save file, I saw the 'guide' but in data, I don't have a default folder. Can anyone help me?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
But thanks for sharing your perspective, I know it's only one message out of over 12,000, but I do appreciate it. Have a nice day.
No idea what my post count has to do with anything, i'm not a post em and leave em slut, all my posts are special to me.

That said it was more a question than a perspective, I was wondering if you'd bothered to tell your patrons they may not be getting an update instead of posting it in another games thread.

You seem to have taken extreme offense to someone posting a gif in jest. I've spoke to fitsy quite a few times (who haven't I spoke to with my 12k whore count) and never seem him disrespect anyone in the manner you suggested.

Of course you are free to take his intent any way you like and he doesn't need lil ole me defending him I just find your interpretation of his post a bit strange.

Nobody wants to not enjoy working on their project, and if people can make you feel negative emotions - in particular since it is not a financial means to an end but a labor of love - why subject yourself to that emotion?
I absolutely agree with you, if you aren't enjoying working on your own project then that's your prerogative.

I'm not about to argue entitlements but I do believe your patrons are entitled to some warning if you plan to drop your game. It may not be about the money to you but I doubt they want to feel like they are wasting theirs on a game that may not get anywhere. Posting in a different thread that they shouldn't be shocked if your game gets dropped isn't exactly fair on them.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
No idea what my post count has to do with anything, i'm not a post em and leave em slut, all my posts are special to me.

That said it was more a question than a perspective, I was wondering if you'd bothered to tell your patrons they may not be getting an update instead of posting it in another games thread.

You seem to have taken extreme offense to someone posting a gif in jest. I've spoke to fitsy quite a few times (who haven't I spoke to with my 12k whore count) and never seem him disrespect anyone in the manner you suggested.

Of course you are free to take his intent any way you like and he doesn't need lil ole me defending him I just find your interpretation of his post a bit strange.

I absolutely agree with you, if you aren't enjoying working on your own project then that's your prerogative.

I'm not about to argue entitlements but I do believe your patrons are entitled to some warning if you plan to drop your game. It may not be about the money to you but I doubt they want to feel like they are wasting theirs on a game that may not get anywhere. Posting in a different thread that they shouldn't be shocked if your game gets dropped isn't exactly fair on them.
If I decide anything, I would of course give notice. I wasn't trying to demean your post cost but rather the idea that even one post can have impact. I didn't take offense at the post, I legitimately had my feelings hurt. I don't know if that was the intent, but that was the impact. Maybe people don't care about something like that and maybe he even enjoyed being able to troll me that way, and it's so easy to crack jokes, but the reality is that it deeply hurt. And that sucks. I'll leave this thread for good. I really do like Darktoz's game!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If I decide anything, I would of course give notice. I wasn't trying to demean your post cost but rather the idea that even one post can have impact. I didn't take offense at the post, I legitimately had my feelings hurt. I don't know if that was the intent, but that was the impact. Maybe people don't care about something like that and maybe he even enjoyed being able to troll me that way, and it's so easy to crack jokes, but the reality is that it deeply hurt. And that sucks. I'll leave this thread for good. I really do like Darktoz's game!
I've never personally seen fitsy post in a manner meant to upset anyone and i'm willing to stand by my words that I doubt that was the intent behind his post.

I don't think anyone here is on a mission to hurt your feelings or force you out of a thread.

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
My INTP brain started to bleed. I see valid points coming in from all directions, and I can see how they can be blended into a Hegelian synthesis, leading to peace, harmony and a calming of feelings. Or rather I wish it was so.

Ps: I need to play some chess, that's my therapy.

SweetBear

Oct 25, 2019
Cool game!
However, I can't progress further then day 30
Does somebody has problems with loading new saved files (latest version 0.4.5). They are visible in the loading screen but it doesn't load anything. I tried it on 3 different very capable pc's, win 8.1 the other win 10 and a notebook win 10. I downloaded and installed it multiple times, played it over again and again. The further you progress in the game the slower the game responds, like previous versions finally the game crashed and I am not able to play the NEW saved games anymore.

Reactions: tamzarian

Darktoz

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
I don't have a problem with pirating, but I do have an issue with certain attitudes. No one should be shocked later if Karlsson's Gambit never gets a 0.4.
That would be a shame. Because I just discovered the game and I love it. Good Femdom Games are so rare.

I remember when I really tried fighting piracy for a while. It made me so depressed and filled me with so much negativity and hate that I finally gave up and chose to ignore it as much as I can, because it almost made me quit. You already said it right, if you connect negative emotions to the game that you are making, it is over!

I only visit here once in a while when the patreon support drops even though I just released a new update. Because that is when it most likely got shared here. And from here it goes to the other pirate sites who make money with my game (using the premium download function like keep2share).

You are right about the entitlement issue. But you can't change it. You can say entitlement three times in the mirror and fitgirlbestgirl appears, but you can't change his perspective. You can't make some people understand where you are coming from, because these people do not have the empathy to put themselves in a game developers shoes, let alone never created anything and exposed themselves by sharing it with others.

But for every four of these donkeys there is one person that truly supports you, loves what you are doing and is eagerly waiting for the next update of your game. Focus on them! Focus on me since I am your newest fan :D

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
You are right about the entitlement issue. But you can't change it. You can say entitlement three times in the mirror and fitgirlbestgirl appears, but you can't change his perspective. You can't make some people understand where you are coming from, because these people do not have the empathy to put themselves in a game developers shoes, let alone never created anything and exposed themselves by sharing it with others.

But for every four of these donkeys there is one person that truly supports you, loves what you are doing and is eagerly waiting for the next update of your game. Focus on them! Focus on me since I am your newest fan :D
Getting called an entitled donkey without empathy for posting a gif. Reasonable.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I've never personally seen fitsy post in a manner meant to upset anyone and i'm willing to stand by my words that I doubt that was the intent behind his post.

I don't think anyone here is on a mission to hurt your feelings or force you out of a thread.
I just wanted to say thank you, you seem very nice. To be honest, it wasn't just the gif that bothered me, but also the response that I was overreacting. Maybe you as a woman can understand this, but the real lack of empathy in some men is when a woman has a legitimate emotional reaction and the man will automatically apply their own perception/logic of what is the "proper" feeling for something, and as a result invalidating a woman's feelings. I'll step out of this thread again, and thank you Darktoz for your kind words. I love your game! I'll take a break from the site in general perhaps, and I do love my Patreons and only sacrifice the money I do now because I love a lot of them quite a bit. Especially the ones that bother me the most :)

4.10 star(s) 31 Votes