Ren'Py Abandoned Femina Equum [v0.2] [SCINTILLATE3DX]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Ptah

Jul 28, 2018
About 1 minute of gameplay: (As this game is in it's current form) Someone who had one of the appetizers burps in your face and you get to smell it.
Totally agree, how can you get support from a "test" were you are just showing a few good renders. Maybe your writing suck, or the system you want to employ, or your ratio of content/time is really poor. How the hell people's gonna invest without any parameters.
Still surprised he has already 240$/month...

I'm not totally negative here, don't get me wrong, the renders look really good and polished, but that's all we can judge at the moment...

Reactions: 0culus

Siberian Cat

Jul 2, 2018
Hopefully this game wont be abandoned. Still not much to enjoy now, game literally half a minute short... Will wait for bext update then we will see

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
Fair enough, but the thing about that is that it does not give enough information to the player so as for them to really get on board or not. I'll make a little comparison here Using "Food" instead of "Games" here as the product upon a first release.

2+ Hours of gameplay: Wow just wow, that's really going all out. That is like a taking someone to a fancy restaurant and trying various dishes and deserts and toppings with a lovely waitress and beautiful date all on the house. Magnificent... Almost nobody does this, but it would be great if people did.

About 1 Hour of gameplay: Taking someone to that same resturant, but on a budget and not ordering everything on the menu leaving something to the imagination. (This is what I think is ideal for a first release)

About 30 minutes of gameplay: Similar to 1 hour of gameplay, but they are going to stop you before you get to have your desert, but still something tasty.

About 15 minutes of gameplay: (What I would consider the minimum threshold to get people to take interest) Kinda like the 30 minute one, but instead of getting a full meal you get to have 1 bite of 1 of the aptizers

About 1 minute of gameplay: (As this game is in it's current form) Someone who had one of the appetizers burps in your face and you get to smell it.
Well it's hard to argue with that, I have to agree. It just somehow reminded me of some shit I spent forever on and got poor reception while wishing I spent this much effort on it instead. Well well it is what it is. Well said.

Scintillate3DX

Aug 25, 2020
Interesting feedback lol.
This wasn't really meant to be a release, I wanted my existing patrons to let me know about the direction I should head in. Either way the stats system will be altered, and I'll try to make the game as engaging and erotic as I can.

BTW a majority of my patrons came before I even mentioned the game :p

Reactions: BrknParts

gremmie

Jun 4, 2017
In Latin the nouns themselves are gendered. Femina Equum contains 2 words with opposing genders.

Femina Quadripedans would say it better.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Stretta

Scintillate3DX

Aug 25, 2020
In Latin the nouns themselves are gendered. Femina Equum contains 2 words with opposing genders.

I like that! I pulled the current title off it google translate, so I knew it wasn't going to be correct.

Noxilum

Jun 21, 2020
Well, like other folks would say : it's too early to know what it'll do or which direction it'll go. Although, renders are quite nice, and futa protag with horse cock is quite a rare sight, so it's a plus.

Scintillate3DX

Aug 25, 2020
Well, like other folks would say : it's too early to know what it'll do or which direction it'll go. Although, renders are quite nice, and futa protag with horse cock is quite a rare sight, so it's a plus.
Precisely. I've been mainly working on backend stuff and miscellaneous functions for future additions.

Reactions: Noxilum

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020

"Equum" is not a noun in nominative case - it is an accusative case form of "equus", which cannot be used in this way with another noun, normally requiring a verb and/or a preposition. If one wants to form an adjective from "equus" it would be "equestrius", or "equestria" in feminine gender (to accord with "femina")

Scintillate3DX

Aug 25, 2020
"Equum" is not a noun in nominative case - it is an accusative case form of "equus", which cannot be used in this way with another noun, normally requiring a verb and/or a preposition. If one wants to form an adjective from "equus" it would be "equestrius", or "equestria" in feminine gender (to accord with "femina")
Thank you! I’ll actually change it to Femina Equestria.
It really has the potential to become one of the best games here on f95zone.
I appreciate this! Hopefully I can do my part well enough

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
2+ Hours of gameplay: Wow just wow, that's really going all out. That is like a taking someone to a fancy restaurant and trying various dishes and deserts and toppings with a lovely waitress and beautiful date all on the house. Magnificent... Almost nobody does this, but it would be great if people did.

About 1 Hour of gameplay: Taking someone to that same resturant, but on a budget and not ordering everything on the menu leaving something to the imagination. (This is what I think is ideal for a first release)

About 30 minutes of gameplay: Similar to 1 hour of gameplay, but they are going to stop you before you get to have your desert, but still something tasty.

About 15 minutes of gameplay: (What I would consider the minimum threshold to get people to take interest) Kinda like the 30 minute one, but instead of getting a full meal you get to have 1 bite of 1 of the aptizers

I have to disagree with the 1 hour+ metric, and only because I'm coming from the perspective of someone who watches a ton of anime and live-action stuff. Don't know how familiar you are with the anime community, but there is a thing called the "3-episode rule." It's a rule which we all try to apply, in that we give a series 3 episodes to hook us. Generally, the first 3 episodes are used for general world-building, establishing the status quo, main character exposition, etc. It's 3 episodes of establishing the universe that are basically crucial to a story.

If a story can't hook its audience within those 3 episodes, it's considered a skip. In the same way, I see a game that can't get my interest within the first 20 minutes as a skip. You have time to present your main cast, how the mechanics work, etc within that time. If it takes you more than an hour to explain everything about the world and how things work mechanics-wise, your game has failed. In the same way, if, within that same amount nothing is presented and all you have is a concept at best, then it's a failure. The middle-ground is in what you can do in 20 minutes to gain my interest.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I have to disagree with the 1 hour+ metric, and only because I'm coming from the perspective of someone who watches a ton of anime and live-action stuff. Don't know how familiar you are with the anime community, but there is a thing called the "3-episode rule." It's a rule which we all try to apply, in that we give a series 3 episodes to hook us. Generally, the first 3 episodes are used for general world-building, establishing the status quo, main character exposition, etc. It's 3 episodes of establishing the universe that are basically crucial to a story.

If a story can't hook its audience within those 3 episodes, it's considered a skip. In the same way, I see a game that can't get my interest within the first 20 minutes as a skip. You have time to present your main cast, how the mechanics work, etc within that time. If it takes you more than an hour to explain everything about the world and how things work mechanics-wise, your game has failed. In the same way, if, within that same amount nothing is presented and all you have is a concept at best, then it's a failure. The middle-ground is in what you can do in 20 minutes to gain my interest.
One hour would fit a "3 episode rule" perfectly according to you. A typical 30 minute television program has 8 to 10 minutes dedicated for commercials. 30-10 = 20. 20 x 3 = 60 minutes. So 1 hour = 3 episodes

All that being said the amount of playtime is to some degree is just an arbitrary number. Some players sit there and look over every single image carefully, and read every line slowly and stop to reflect on what happened a little bit. Other players may as well be an auto-clicker that click through as fast as possible like they are trying to do a speed run, and lots of people fall in between the two.

Reactions: Ptah and 0culus

Jadensy

Feb 21, 2019
This is great, i've seen you post on reddit with your renders and i absolutely love them. Very much hope this continues.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes