VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fertile And Mating [Ep 3] [famtasy]

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
A decent start. I mainly agree with the comments so far. The volleyball game instructions are confusing as hell (and I very nearly gave up at that point) but otherwise it's well written and the restrained pace is appreciated.

It might have been nice to know the PC was a recovering alcoholic before we get the choice to take a drink. (or maybe we did and I just missed it). It's no big deal since it's early game and I tend to save before choices anyway ... but it seems like a major thing not to have mentioned going in. Minor point though.

Famtasy

Apr 3, 2018
Skip the flashback sequence, it does nothing for the story. being a war vet is a relevant thing these days and I get that. It's enough to mention he's turned to alcohol to deal with PTSD and has issues. Thats honestly about as close to home as I would like anyone to get.
I'll keep that in mind and try to be more considerate.

No worries... It's a familiar basic setup, just with it's own take on it... As an example, so you have some sort of reference as to a setup that is basically similar... In Dating My Daughter, the father had not seen his daughter in a long while and not by choice, so first similarity... Which was because the mother took her away, overseas, where he could not find her or get in touch, another similarity... The mother had married or was dating a rich guy, so therefore was now also rich, another similarity... When the father goes overseas to go see her, there is a looming threat that the mother would find out (either through friends of the mother or from being caught in some way), another similarity... If the mother found out, she had the financial clout and influence over several local authorities, it could make the fathers life very difficult, or it could also cause major issues in keeping in contact with his daughter from then on (at least for a while), which is another similarity... Now of course, most other details and story don't match at all outside of those basics, which is great... But it's that basic setup of similarities I've seen not only in DMD and in your game now, but a few others as well... Now, that could have been COMPLETELY unintentional on your part... But it is what it is, hence my review mentioning a familiar basic setup to other VN/Games... I hope that helps explain the point I was trying to make...

I still like several aspects of your VN/Game, and I will check it out again at some point... It just killed some of the originality, seeing that basic setup again in another game, after seeing it used several times before... Best of luck on your development...
I understand, but my focus is on building a story that makes sense, and putting the characters in interesting situations that will allow me to give multiple choices to the player and be able to create a solid logic for each route. I imagine the story will diverge from other VNs as it moves forward since I'm not copy/pasting things, and thank you.

It might have been nice to know the PC was a recovering alcoholic before we get the choice to take a drink. (or maybe we did and I just missed it). It's no big deal since it's early game and I tend to save before choices anyway ... but it seems like a major thing not to have mentioned going in. Minor point though.
Good point, I could fit it in an internal monologue scene.

Last edited:

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
@Famtasy

I'd like to ask you to reconsider the unit name in the beginning.

I'd avocate for Höllenhunde (Hellhounds) or Teufelshunde if you need to stay with that. Teufelhunden is just wrong.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I'll keep that in mind and try to be more considerate.
not really looking for consideration, just understand that WE are here to fap to your game. So decide from there if it is a boner killer or not. Killing the boner from the get go, probably not the best way to start.

I understand, but my focus is on building a story that makes sense, and putting the characters in interesting situations that will allow me to give multiple choices to the player and be able to create a solid logic for each route. I imagine the story will diverge from other VNs as it moves forward since I'm not copy/pasting things, and thank you.
Hate to break it to you, but I wouldn't believe a second of this story. Thats after reading actual incest stories over at r/incest (fwiw). Just focus on a fun experience over a factual one.

Famtasy

Apr 3, 2018
@Famtasy

I'd like to ask you to reconsider the unit name in the beginning.

I'd avocate for Höllenhunde (Hellhounds) or Teufelshunde if you need to stay with that. Teufelhunden is just wrong.
That's the actual nickname , so that would just add confusion. I understand it might be wrong in German, but that's not really an issue in this case.

Hate to break it to you, but I wouldn't believe a second of this story. Thats after reading actual incest stories over at r/incest (fwiw). Just focus on a fun experience over a factual one.
Actual stories you say, interesting...

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Teufelhunden? That's German and means "Devil-dogs". What's that supposed to be?:coldsweat:x'Dx'D
Actually, no it doesn't.
It's not an expression used in German. Someone just went and translated Devil-Dog into German by translating the two words and putting them together and that's normally NOT how translations work.

If anything devil dog would translate into Höllenhunde, as even wikipedia knows.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Teufelhunden? That's German and means "Devil-dogs". What's that supposed to be?:coldsweat:x'Dx'D
it may appear like its proper german, but "hunden" is an verb translated to "to hound". A proper translation from devil dogs would be Teufelshunde.

Last edited:

Heitcaho

Jul 16, 2017
Is this the game with the big ice cream? Also the description is incredible vague, what is going on here in this game?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I never saw anything wrong with how she looked before. Looking it looks like it's just some tweaks and bug fixes for now I'll pass and wait for a new update.

Reactions: Heitcaho

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@Heitcaho

The main person is the daughter but there are other side characters that can gain stat points with the father as well but it's too early to tell what will happen with any of those characters.

Reactions: Heitcaho

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
OK - tried this and have to say I am really intrigued by where this can go, but cannot stand the volleyball game mechanics. Right and left, open vs closed (fist) - seems to make no difference. When does thumb out on right equal thumb out on left? Sometimes it makes sense, but then it doesn't. Instructions could really be clearer if this is going to be a ongoing working mechanic in the game (to not piss people off)...

After that little vent, back to positives. Really like the graphics, the story, am intrigued by the daughter and where she is coming from. Want to progress a little further and see where this goes...good work...

katarne04

Jun 9, 2017
OK - tried this and have to say I am really intrigued by where this can go, but cannot stand the volleyball game mechanics. Right and left, open vs closed (fist) - seems to make no difference. When does thumb out on right equal thumb out on left? Sometimes it makes sense, but then it doesn't. Instructions could really be clearer if this is going to be a ongoing working mechanic in the game (to not piss people off)...
I consider it to be a "simon says..." aka audible for the next few points. So the commands stay good until the next time she uses the signs. Then, she CAN change it for the next few points. Finally, she calls out what you can do to finish the game.

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes