mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Stop being disingenuous.
Your distaste for using a genre of japanese origin doesn't stop it from existing and being used to tag games here and neither denying the existence of the three consecutive posts you made, instead of simply editing one, when everyone can see them.
The fact that they are consecutive does not mean that they are the same post repeated 3 times. When i spend time on a certain thread i look at what i can or should answer and i answer. If nobody else posts while i answer, my posts appear consecutive, but that doesn't mean they are the same post repeated 3 times. They are different replies to different previous posts.

As far as I know, answering different posts in a consecutive order doesn't break any rules on this forum, so if anybody has to stop, that would be you telling me to stop.

• Angry
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Your idea that using a "western" language is somehow more "normal" than any other is, well, unique. Billions of people would disagree.

Yes, this is an English language forum, so using English might seem normal, however - as all other languages across the world - English often adapts terms from foreign languages to describe stuff. Sometimes even if a similar word exists or existed. And groups of people within some field of discussion will use technical terms which are common within that group. You are on a forum where NTR is used - get used to it.
I said "normal" , not normal, meaning exactly what you also agreed to, which is that on an English language forum, it may seem normal to use the English language and English terms.

I know that I am "on a forum where NTR is used" but i refuse to "get used" to that.
Because the problem with this so called "technical term" called NTR is not related to this forum but to the GAME itself which is discussed in this thread.

"Fetish locator" is:
- NOT a manga game
- NOT a Japanese game
- NOT taking place in Japan

There is absolutely no reason to use Japanese terms when discussing THIS game which takes place in a western college, with western characters, doing things for which western terms are available.

If the manga lovers go on like this, Cartageno San, then one day we could see the year 2021 being called "Reiwa3" on this forum..

• Angry

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I said "normal" , not normal, meaning exactly what you also agreed to, which is that on an English language forum, it may seem normal to use the English language and English terms.

I know that I am "on a forum where NTR is used" but i refuse to "get used" to that.
Because the problem with this so called "technical term" called NTR is not related to this forum but to the GAME itself which is discussed in this thread.

"Fetish locator" is:
- NOT a manga game
- NOT a Japanese game
- NOT taking place in Japan

There is absolutely no reason to use Japanese terms when discussing THIS game which takes place in a western college, with western characters, doing things for which western terms are available.

If the manga lovers go on like this, Cartageno San, then one day we could see the year 2021 being called "Reiwa3" on this forum..
So what you're proposing is that on this very forum we use different terms for the same thing depending on the art style of the game?

Apart from that, I don't think you'll get very far with "I refuse". This is a technical term used in this community. You may try and establish an equivalent English term and if it is better it will win out. ("Cheating" isn't it, by the way, you can have NTR without cheating when the LI is under no obligation to be monogamous and cheating without NTR when the one cheated on does not care.) But you will have to live with others continue using the terms they have used for years for this stuff. Just like you won't be able to make people exchange "mise en place" in a cooking forum.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
So what you're proposing is that on this very forum we use different terms for the same thing depending on the art style of the game?
Yes, if it's a manga or a Japanese game, feel free to use Japanese terms. But if it's NOT manga or Japanese, why do that? We have a lot of western terms to use.
you can have NTR without cheating when the LI is under no obligation to be monogamous
In a game taking place in the west, that "LI under no obligation to be monogamous" would be a "fuck buddy" or she may be in an "open relationship" with the MC. And if the MC still feels "jealous" in spite of the "no obligation to monogamy", just call it like that: jealousy. Why call it NTR?
and cheating without NTR when the one cheated on does not care.)
Still an "open relationship", agreed upon by both MC and LI in which case none of them is jealous. And "doesn't care" can be even extended to "enjoys it", in which case the MC would be a cuckold. We have a lot of terms available to describe everything..

Still no need for the use of NTR in a western game. It's just that the lots of manga kids around here, can't get out of the "manga spell"..

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yes, if it's a manga or a Japanese game, feel free to use Japanese terms. But if it's NOT manga or Japanese, why do that? We have a lot of western terms to use.
Extremely impractical. First, it is a tag for which you can search and which can be sorted. Then you would have to define which games precisely are "Manga": 2D graphics? Playing in Japan? Japanese author? 2 out of 3? Then after that is decided I have to reword everything because I am describing the same thing in a different game.

In a game taking place in the west, that "LI under no obligation to be monogamous" would be a "fuck buddy" or she may be in an "open relationship" with the MC. And if the MC still feels "jealous" in spite of the "no obligation to monogamy", just call it like that: jealousy. Why call it NTR?
Since we are in the world of fiction, there is something like "designated love interests", so there's way more possibilities. And jealousy can go way further, does not have to have anything to do with NTR, can already be triggered by the LI going out to the movies with somebody else.

Still an "open relationship", agreed upon by both MC and LI in which case none of them is jealous. And "doesn't care" can be even extended to "enjoys it", in which case the MC would be a cuckold. We have a lot of terms available to describe everything..
Or it could be a relationship where love has run cold, one partner is cheating but the other doesn't feel anything anymore, or more possibilities.

The thing is: on this forum, NTR is a defined term. Cheating is another, different term. They may not always be used correctly but in theory with this I can talk about certain kinks I like or dislike and everybody gets what I mean. Why it was used, I don't know - I am neither familiar with the Japanese variation of comic/animations, nor a fan of the kink. But when I talk to people here, they understand me, I understand them. And that is what is important on a forum. Getting thousands to change their vocabulary due to one person's preferences will be a Herculean effort. And just like "tsundere" as a character type description one needs to accept that there will always be terms coming from a certain form of art and transcending its origin to a more general term.

list101

Mar 18, 2019
Try this solution or search for main_menu_extended through the thread, there are a few posts.

That mod is for week 1 only. Also, I fear it doesn't work with the most recent version of week 1: iirc it overwrites a script and breaks the save system.
I couldn't understand why main_menu_extended is even a problem, bcz it depends on 'is_extended_edition' which is set to False. I didn't want to dig deeper so to make it work I edited <game_folder>/game/code/screens/screens.rpy.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Pretty disappointed that this update is so short but nonetheless it's still an update though.
Developers update the game every 4-5 weeks. Besides there are variations on what happens. But if you still feel it is short i recommend waiting for 2-3 months before playing a new version so the release will look bigger like games that use this type of schedule.

mollypolly

Apr 6, 2021
Developers update the game every 4-5 weeks. Besides there are variations on what happens. But if you still feel it is short i recommend waiting for 2-3 months before playing a new version so the release will look bigger like games that use this type of schedule.
Yeah I know, I'm not complaining just that I'm slightly disappointed.

Grimstar

May 15, 2020
Yeah I know, I'm not complaining just that I'm slightly disappointed.
Its okay to be disappointed. As a Lyssa fanboy I was extremely disappointed with this update. Not because of the rendering or overall storytelling. But because of the weak progression of her erotic scenes. Like how do we go from finally getting it on with her at the party (Which is a BIG DEAL!!) to somehow going back to getting a handy! Not even a BJ!! And to make matters even worse the blackmailers said MC needed to have sex with 20 girls, so how does what he and Lyssa did count!? I honestly think the dev enjoys doing this to us Lyssa fans... At least he's treating AmRose right, bless her submissive little heart.

And that Daisy hand holding (or lack of) got me in dem feels.

Hopefully the next update includes some Min and Stacy content.

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
Its okay to be disappointed. As a Lyssa fanboy I was extremely disappointed with this update. Not because of the rendering or overall storytelling. But because of the weak progression of her erotic scenes. Like how do we go from finally getting it on with her at the party (Which is a BIG DEAL!!) to somehow going back to getting a handy! Not even a BJ!! And to make matters even worse the blackmailers said MC needed to have sex with 20 girls, so how does what he and Lyssa did count!? I honestly think the dev enjoys doing this to us Lyssa fans... At least he's treating AmRose right, bless her submissive little heart.

And that Daisy hand holding (or lack of) got me in dem feels.

Hopefully the next update includes some Min and Stacy content.
For me, it is not a good idea to be disappointed because this is not the purpose of playing a game and this is not what the developer of this game wants .. so I think if there are frustrated people he should do something about it and fix it. This ... if he really cares :)

Crazy Penguin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2019
you can ask both here and at discord. Discord will be better place if you want to chat as the chat there will be seen by all of them and responded much faster.

Sizzl

Nov 3, 2019
you can ask both here and at discord. Discord will be better place if you want to chat as the chat there will be seen by all of them and responded much faster.
Do you know any russian devs here? Cuz i thought this guy was russian (seen his comment on a rus website)

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
untel now most of the devs i see is spanish ..never seen a dev russian or england or american ..dont know why

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes