VN Unity Finding Buddies [v0.5.12] [FindingBuddies]

4.70 star(s) 11 Votes

Ramdom34

Jul 5, 2021
can someone tell the creator to also work on a Mac version? theres so many people that has Mac that wants to play it too lol

sorjs53

Mar 17, 2024
can someone tell the creator to also work on a Mac version? theres so many people that has Mac that wants to play it too lol
He's stated that he's open to the idea, but he doesn't have a Mac and is more focused on improving the game and eventually getting it to Steam

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
So apparently there's a new public version

Is the Public version contain all contents that patreon version have? (AKA no pay-walled content like NSFW scenes)?
Also, saw you guys talking about the dev abandon this, who is the dev and what are other project they have?

Btw, It's kinda rare for this type of games to have beefy / hunky characters.
GyHyWZ.jpg

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I agree on everything, though I have a different stance about renpy. I think the moment people realize you can only push it to do so much and your ideas require something else to be implemented, burnout happens. So brilliant renpy beginnings hit reality fast that unity or godot or whatever would be better for ideas that are more than pretty pictures on a screen, but requires a lot more knowledge, and that leads to burnout
That's not "Burnout".
Renpy is great for easy access to make Visual Novels, but can't do anything more (Same as twine / RPGM).
"Asset Flip" Happens cuz someone can't create, but only use what's already available.
If the dev can't properly teach themselves essential skills (like Coding) to use a more complicated Engines,
Then that's Their "Celling" for being a game developer. If you realise you can't advance, why not just go do something else?
Competent Devs can always learn to use a new Engine, but not everyone can be one, even tho you won't find out until you try.

Yaoi_lover96

Feb 23, 2020

Is the Public version contain all contents that patreon version have? (AKA no pay-walled content like NSFW scenes)?
Also, saw you guys talking about the dev abandon this, who is the dev and what are other project they have?

View attachment 4104035
Patreon pay ? Man i really want to try that fireman

latui

Feb 5, 2023
You can play this game on the apple silicone Macs using Whisky. You will need to install the "core fonts" wine trick to run unity games on your bottle. It's super easy and then you'll be able to play so many more games! I also left instructions for this in the itchio comments if you need more info.

Reactions: Ramdom34

Ramdom34

Jul 5, 2021
You can play this game on the apple silicone Macs using Whisky. You will need to install the "core fonts" wine trick to run unity games on your bottle. It's super easy and then you'll be able to play so many more games! I also left instructions for this in the itchio comments if you need more info.
can you redo them again on here I tried to do it and it always gets buggy on me pls I would be forever grateful

Hewieee

Jun 28, 2021

View attachment 4104035
Claudio is pay-walled (for now?) maybe he'll make it free later just as he did with Andre.
The dev doesn't have any other projects, people are just speculating because updates take a long time to release even tho he's developing everything by himself.

Reactions: nackedsnake

UncleDolan

Dec 6, 2018
That's not "Burnout".
Renpy is great for easy access to make Visual Novels, but can't do anything more (Same as twine / RPGM).
"Asset Flip" Happens cuz someone can't create, but only use what's already available.
If the dev can't properly teach themselves essential skills (like Coding) to use a more complicated Engines,
Then that's Their "Celling" for being a game developer. If you realise you can't advance, why not just go do something else?
Competent Devs can always learn to use a new Engine, but not everyone can be one, even tho you won't find out until you try.
You sound like the guys who tell people with depression they're not trying hard enough and they should just smile

UncleDolan

Dec 6, 2018

View attachment 4104035
regarding the "abandonment", it's just a couple people who want all the updates and want them NOW because their parents never told them no and if the developer doesn't churn them out on a daily basis they prefer stressing out to just going on with their lives until something new pops out.
They have absolutely no idea that the fact the dev is doing this solo and is an incredible animator and coder and character designer and writer is insane.
Nothing but admiration for the developer, if I find out he also has a day job I'm gonna ask him to be my life coach

4.70 star(s) 11 Votes