Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
i know this is a kind of shot in the dark but does anyone here have access to the december 6th version of the game? i forgot to export my save before i updated o_O
I recently set up a build environment for Flexible Survival (holy fuuuuck was that annoying) so I could try recreating the December build. I'm not entirely sure if it'll work (technically it would still be considered a different version of the game, even if it's built from the same code), but it's worth a shot.

Do you mind sharing your save? I would need access to a save from that version so that I could test the results.

EPIC2X

Aug 26, 2019
Damn, the December 6th update is the one update I don't have (in the past handful of updates), I could have sworn I downloaded it but I guess because of this new download manager iv been using I think it over wrote it since the .gblorb files all have the same name. But I really feel ya, iv done the same before and it sucks having to start over, even more so when you've put time and effort into getting where you are at. (it also really sucks to be this ][ close to being able to help someone and turns out you can't)

Reactions: Sarkath

Darkairus

Mar 12, 2020
Damn, the December 6th update is the one update I don't have (in the past handful of updates), I could have sworn I downloaded it but I guess because of this new download manager iv been using I think it over wrote it since the .gblorb files all have the same name. But I really feel ya, iv done the same before and it sucks having to start over, even more so when you've put time and effort into getting where you are at. (it also really sucks to be this ][ close to being able to help someone and turns out you can't)
You wanted the update that was available for public download in december (which is the version of november of the game) or the one that is available in January this year and is the december version of the game? I think i have the version you want dependent of your response.

Last edited:

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I just exported and that worked
That only works if you have the version of the game that generated the save. If you just replaced the December build with the January one, the load will fail and you won't be able to get into your save to export it.

The peculiarities with the save format is probably one of the worst parts about using an old school Z-machine style interactive fiction platform for a living game (that, and the Inform 7 compiler is about as fast as a dead sloth).

EPIC2X

Aug 26, 2019
You wanted the update that was available for public download in december (which is the version of november of the game) or the one that is available in January this year and is the december version of the game? I think i have the version you want dependent of your response.
Im assuming they mean the one released on December 6th (which should be the November additions to the game)

Darkairus

Mar 12, 2020
I replied the wrong person (just now that i saw, sorry for that), anyway here the december 6th (november version gblorb) if anyone still is interested.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020
The best idea in this game is the bound state. It's super creative, but I really wish it was utilized more in the game/encounters.

Sep 20, 2019
February update's out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Speaking of which, the OP needs to be updated, forbidden101v
Like this, and it is very confusing if i am moving the right way on the map due to the south, north, east, and west directions using diagonal movements when it comes to moving between rooms, and i think the diagonal version of those use the normal north, east, west, and south directions, it is confusing to me in the starting area and other places because of this, i much prefer having the north, east, south, and west direction using up, right, down, and left directions instead of diagonal ones when it comes to movements

seadart123

Oct 16, 2019
Long shot, but does anyone have the august 2020 version of the game from this thread? I downloaded the .msi for the latest version and installed it in a different directory but I didn't realize it would delete the blorb from the old one, so I didn't export beforehand

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes