Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Huh…every time I tried to do that, the game would hang when I tried to import the save. Maybe I'm just being impatient. :p

Are you using Windows Git, or a different Glulx interpreter (like Gargoyle)?
Hum, no.
I'm just using their very basic set. It's a package on their site, it has everything (A git exe, and updated FlexibleSurvival glorb).

In any case, as I've said, the game lags importing when there's too much stuff (of course!).
A new game, without any cheats activated, has very little info to load.

For example, after using the cheat to unlock all locations, the importing process takes around 10 minutes (!!!), while having only a couple locations only takes like 3-5 seconds.

Also, DO NOT save with debug enabled.
I use it a lot mostly for items (when I want to finish some quest quickly), and what I do is type "debug" to enable, zitem whatever, then "debug" again to disable it.
I made a mistake and saved a game with the debugs on, exported, edited... and then the game just froze indefinitely when trying to import those files.

So:
-Fresh new game, without cheats/debugs enabled at all, should load literally in seconds when exported-imported.
-Do not save with debugs enabled, just in case. Enable, use it, disable it.
If you need to use the zitem debug a lot, remember you can always use the "up" arrow. Most likely you already know, but is worth mentioning (for someone else reading).

Before I found the debug codes I would set my experience way above the requirement, then hunt a bunch of latex foxes. After every fight the game would level me until it eventually caught up.
Ah yes, I remember doing that, but in time it was causing troubles I think.
It's just easier to edit your stats (let's say 25-30 on all, or at least 15 to buy most feats), and level up normally.

I use martial artist/ black belt/ weaponmaster, and equip the Wukong staff, which lets you add all the mentioned feats bonuses (it's a staff that let's you use the hand-to-hand damage bonuses, plus evade bonus, and extra damage).
This, with a strength of -around- 30, not only lets you carry a decent amount of items, but also does massive damage. You can go straight to kill Behemots in 2-3 hits (which give HUGE experience, thus leveling up "normally")

, nice! Thanks for the tip.

I'll have to keep stuff like that in mind for the next version of the editor. Ideally, the user should be able to just add a perk and the editor will automatically increment the appropriate number value.
That would be indeed better!
I was just pointing out in case it's helpful.

The "FSnumbersave" file is quite important, you should take a look at it.
The two most useful data there are freecreds, but more importantly, score. This last lets you explore the ending options easily (as you can outweight any penalization easily).

Reactions: Sarkath

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
where can i find glit.exe
Ignore the first post of this thread, it's absolutely outdated (any mod around?).

Go here:

Under "ways to play", go for "Fexible Survival: Installer", which it's a compressed file with everything you need to play, including the .git exe, as well as the latest updated game version (get rid of any other Flexible Survival file you have, this has everything, and up to date)

Reactions: bvdb18

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
In any case, as I've said, the game lags importing when there's too much stuff (of course!).
A new game, without any cheats activated, has very little info to load.

For example, after using the cheat to unlock all locations, the importing process takes around 10 minutes (!!!), while having only a couple locations only takes like 3-5 seconds.
Last time I tried mucking about with the stats I let it sit for over 10 minutes on a fairly fast gaming PC. I might have edited the wrong field, though. I developed the editor at a pretty fast pace, and my test cycle was admittedly pretty haphazard.

That would be indeed better!
I was just pointing out in case it's helpful.
Definitely! I haven't explored FSNumberSave aside from some quick testing with number types, and for hacking in freecreds at one point, so your insight is especially helpful.

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to present the data to the user. I kind of feel like having two editor modes available would be the best approach: an easy/guided mode for people who just want to quickly muck with their stats, and an advanced mode for people who want to get a more raw view of the files. The former would present everything in a clean and concise way, and would probably be perfectly fine for 95% of all use cases, while the latter would be for when people want to dive directly into the data (though it would at least have the field names filled out, unlike my current editor).

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Last time I tried mucking about with the stats I let it sit for over 10 minutes on a fairly fast gaming PC. I might have edited the wrong field, though. I developed the editor at a pretty fast pace, and my test cycle was admittedly pretty haphazard.
I just did a fresh new game. Importing took around 2-3 minutes, since I didn't unlocked anything.
It's the amount of data it needs to run *shrug* (I'm not sure about how fast works exporting after editing with notepad++. Compared to your editor, it's a lot more bothersome and tedious, since it's just raw numbers without columns)

! I haven't explored FSNumberSave aside from some quick testing with number types, and for hacking in freecreds at one point, so your insight is especially helpful.
I just read the whole file.
It's basically the numbers for every flag regarding characters and status-es mostly.
But it's useful to edit specific status, like heat, well-rested duration, score, egging, etc. Also to edit NPCs status, like pregnancy or relationship levels.

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to present the data to the user. I kind of feel like having two editor modes available would be the best approach: an easy/guided mode for people who just want to quickly muck with their stats, and an advanced mode for people who want to get a more raw view of the files. The former would present everything in a clean and concise way, and would probably be perfectly fine for 95% of all use cases, while the latter would be for when people want to dive directly into the data (though it would at least have the field names filled out, unlike my current editor).
That would work great.
Though, honestly, the current editor would be perfect if we get to know what's for each column (for example, 2nd/3rd column is for health, 4th for experience, etc). I don't see much point in wasting your time developing another editor, since the current one is actually simple to understand and has everything!

I'm not entirely sure, but I think stats have changed since the last time I fiddled with edits.
I remember that, for example, penises had 2 scores, one for amount and another for size (like boobs and balls), but now they have 3 stats (one extra for width or something like that) which totally throws me off.
After that is the type of ears, face, body etc (not in that order) for when you get TFed, but I don't remember which is which exactly.
Then, and I'm just speculating, there are extra descriptors (which don't show on the sheet for NPCs, since they become available when the player gets infected)
Looking at the Easter Bunny TF code, it adds descriptions for thighs, feet and ass, even though they don't change shape.
Personally I'd like to be able to edit and give my characters those extra descriptions when in human form. I'm not sure why the human form description has to be so bland.

Reactions: Sarkath

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I just did a fresh new game. Importing took around 2-3 minutes, since I didn't unlocked anything.
I'll have to try it again, then. Editing the values directly would be much faster than gaining levels in debug mode.

I just read the whole file.
It's basically the numbers for every flag regarding characters and status-es mostly.
But it's useful to edit specific status, like heat, well-rested duration, score, egging, etc. Also to edit NPCs status, like pregnancy or relationship levels.
True, true.

I'll definitely have to take a deeper look into it, then.

That would work great.
Though, honestly, the current editor would be perfect if we get to know what's for each column (for example, 2nd/3rd column is for health, 4th for experience, etc). I don't see much point in wasting your time developing another editor, since the current one is actually simple to understand and has everything!
The biggest issue that I currently have with the current editor is that it's Windows-only, and I can't really resolve that without rewriting the user interface code at the very least. I tend to use Linux/macOS more than Windows nowadays, and while I could probably just run it using Mono (an implementation of the .NET Framework that can run under Linux/macOS) I'd rather take a more native and modern approach: .NET 5.0 using Eto.Forms, in this particular case.

Another issue is that the current editor was very hastily written. There isn't much in the way of error correction and things like that. It's going to take a fair amount of planning to properly add column name support (since I'd want to sensibly limit the values to ones that the game can accept—particularly with things like traits), so I figure I might as well take things a step further while I'm at it.

Fortunately, I've been getting back into Flexible Survival again with the latest update, so I'm planning to get back to work on this very soon.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think stats have changed since the last time I fiddled with edits.
I remember that, for example, penises had 2 scores, one for amount and another for size (like boobs and balls), but now they have 3 stats (one extra for width or something like that) which totally throws me off.
After that is the type of ears, face, body etc (not in that order) for when you get TFed, but I don't remember which is which exactly.
Then, and I'm just speculating, there are extra descriptors (which don't show on the sheet for NPCs, since they become available when the player gets infected)
Yeah, the way the game tracks physical traits has changed within the past year or so. I haven't looked to see how often the new description and property fields are actually used in the game, but it looks like the new system is designed to be a bit more flexible.

Looking at the Easter Bunny TF code, it adds descriptions for thighs, feet and ass, even though they don't change shape.
Personally I'd like to be able to edit and give my characters those extra descriptions when in human form. I'm not sure why the human form description has to be so bland.
I think a lot of that has to do with how late the freeform description fields were added, as well as how furry/anthro-centric FS tends to be. Hopefully they roll out a way to influence those fields in-game at some point.

MadSwede87

Sep 4, 2016
This may be a stupid question but
but how do I access the save export files I can see the folder where they should be when I save but can not see them otherwise

gravesto

Dec 8, 2019
How can I play online it seems like it isn't working

I have download Mudlet and given it flexiblesurvival.com address and then it said i need to log in but i do not know how to do it

can anyone give me an example to log in

it alway said incorect login but i have type name and password exactly in the ATTENTION

alfabb

Oct 11, 2018
is this offline?

Theres a Single Player Version and a Multiplayer (ie MUD) version. The later is obviously online. The single player version you can either download and play offline or you can play it on their site (but thats pretty bugged afaik).

Lestev

Dec 26, 2017
I have download Mudlet and given it flexiblesurvival.com address and then it said i need to log in but i do not know how to do it
I don't know if they are still updating the multiplayer version, last time they talked about it in their blog was like years ago. Meanwhile the single player version is usually updated monthly. You should play that one by using the installer.

codefost

Jul 23, 2021
About update.. how I get update? Is it in web or do i need to wait?
Like 2 update ahead before publice. I'M NEW HERE!

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
About update.. how I get update? Is it in web or do i need to wait?
Like 2 update ahead before publice. I'M NEW HERE!
Download the installer on
They make public releases monthly, what you get is what's available.

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes