Runario

Dec 6, 2019
Is there a way to stay human? I've been able to avoid getting infected by random encounters, but some events are just unapproachable without getting mutated.
I think the fruits of the Awesome Tree in the Urban Forest can transform you in a human again but I am not sure...
Awesome Fruit -> 2 male, Awesomer Fruit -> female, Awesomest Fruit -> herm
There are also some races like the spartan Warriors, the Knight or the Homo Sapiens... they are all like normal Humans and if you want some adjustments there are also items for that. Just take a loo here:

Darkairus

Mar 12, 2020
I don't think anyone already asked that but, there is a way to change the difficulty settings after pass through the character creation?

Jan 29, 2018
Ok, is there a way to halt the humanity loss. It tends to drop sharply with certain story starts and if I recalled if it hit zero game over. Or is there a way to bolster it back up?

-Edit-

Nevermind. Using the journal raises your humanity back up. Kinda amusing writing in a journal as a feral wolf. That's some dedication right there for a lack of thumbs.

Last edited:

Xhianil

Jun 23, 2017
Stealth update, mostly backend changes such as facename to facespecies name on every infection, fang debugging, a wing horse update in the plains, a ninja event, Blanche update.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Does this game have character busts like some other text games?
Not all of the characters/enemies have portraits, but quite a few of them do, with more being added every month.

It feels like it's right around 40/60 in my average playthrough at the moment, with 40% of my encounters having portraits and 60% not having them (though bear in mind that there are quite a few characters and enemies implemented by this point). YMMV depending on how you play.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Not all of the characters/enemies have portraits, but quite a few of them do, with more being added every month.

It feels like it's right around 40/60 in my average playthrough at the moment, with 40% of my encounters having portraits and 60% not having them (though bear in mind that there are quite a few characters and enemies implemented by this point). YMMV depending on how you play.
TBH I rly wish there's an option we can toggle on / off busts or even customize our own sets, there are some later added busts really don't look like what you'd expect from the text...

Apr 24, 2017
This game is grindy AF. Even if you have superhuman ability to enjoy frequently repeated content (and I mean frequently, you'll be killing the same rubber fox two or three thousand times before you get to level twenty), it gets old fast. Sometimes, you don't have two hours to grind to get to new content, and you also don't have fifteen minutes to let an ancient and obsolete engine load up a save, even on a decent machine.

Runario

Dec 6, 2019
This game is grindy AF. Even if you have superhuman ability to enjoy frequently repeated content (and I mean frequently, you'll be killing the same rubber fox two or three thousand times before you get to level twenty), it gets old fast. Sometimes, you don't have two hours to grind to get to new content, and you also don't have fifteen minutes to let an ancient and obsolete engine load up a save, even on a decent machine.
You know that you can export your saves on one build and than import them on new one? (idk how that works on android)

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Yeah, and the export/import process even warns you that it might take up to twenty minutes.
The process isn't exactly fast, but even on the slowest system I own it doesn't take more than maybe a minute to import data on both Windows Git and Gargoyle on Linux/macOS (and exporting is significantly faster, taking only a few seconds). It doesn't take anywhere near as long as the game says it does.

If you wanted to start from scratch and still skip a huge chunk of the leveling grind, I posted most of the game's debug codes here a few months ago. GiveLevel is probably the one you'd be most interested in.

If you wanted a bit more control over your data, I also wrote a rudimentary save editor. This does require you to do an import/export cycle, though, since it works on the exported data rather than the interpreter's save.

Jan 29, 2018
So is it just me or the rng of combat about 50 times worse than it used to be?.. I've had to flee soo much due to well over 70 missed attacks in a row.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
The process isn't exactly fast, but even on the slowest system I own it doesn't take more than maybe a minute to import data on both Windows Git and Gargoyle on Linux/macOS (and exporting is significantly faster, taking only a few seconds). It doesn't take anywhere near as long as the game says it does.

If you wanted to start from scratch and still skip a huge chunk of the leveling grind, I posted most of the game's debug codes here a few months ago. GiveLevel is probably the one you'd be most interested in.

If you wanted a bit more control over your data, I also wrote a rudimentary save editor. This does require you to do an import/export cycle, though, since it works on the exported data rather than the interpreter's save.
how do i use that or debug to change stats?

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
how do i use that or debug to change stats?
The only way to do that with debug is to give yourself levels using GiveLevel. The game will still pop up the stat increase and perk menus when you use that (every 2 and 5 levels, respectively).

As for the save editor, you should theoretically be able to load FSCharacterSave, find the row corresponding to the player's data, and modify the stat columns directly. This is how the important ones are mapped:

Column IndexStat Name
3HP
4Max HP
5XP
6Level
9Strength
10Dexterity
11Stamina
12Charisma
13Intelligence
14Perception

That being said, I didn't have much luck with directly changing my strength, etc. Whenever I would try to do that the game would hang during import. I'm not sure why this happened (maybe the values I used were too high?) and haven't gotten around to investigating it yet.

FWIW, if I want to have a fast start, I just use the GiveLevel debug cheat.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
just noticed you can set wyvern bias, is this available for other races too? getting kind of tired of meeting male,male,herm,herm,male,male,herm everywhere i go

sonotink

May 7, 2019
yo is there an up to date save editor for this? i remember there being one for the previous version, but, I deleted it from my computer when cleaning stuff up for more storage space.

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes