Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
well I am running linux not windows
You'll probably need to install OpenGL ES support libraries. I think mesa only covers standard GL.

glxinfo indicates the drivers support ES 3.2, and Godot 3 only uses up to 3.0 (and I'm sure FS uses 2.0).

oh got it to work by running it under proton
Proton is probably translating the ES calls to standard OpenGL or Vulkan.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
You'll probably need to install OpenGL ES support libraries. I think mesa only covers standard GL.

glxinfo indicates the drivers support ES 3.2, and Godot 3 only uses up to 3.0 (and I'm sure FS uses 2.0).

yep its translating them to vulkan and is suprisingly stable

Wolframm

Aug 2, 2022

Godot 4 uses GLES3, since there are issues with developing support for GLES2(the version godot 3 uses). the full explanation can be found here:

so for the sake of clarity, FS uses GLES3.

Reactions: Sarkath

Sharkie94

May 5, 2020
Valid question...
I went to get the public .gblorb version instead, not sure if it's the latest - but newer than the one I had.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Godot 4 uses GLES3, since there are issues with developing support for GLES2(the version godot 3 uses). the full explanation can be found here:

so for the sake of clarity, FS uses GLES3.
Thanks for the clarification!

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised even Godot 3 still supports GLES2, so I can't say I'm shocked to see it going away entirely with 4.

mimospros

Apr 2, 2018
About Godot version:

• New Godot Version(Very much a work in progress, not much here yet!): , , , , or
That's from their blog, if somebody didn't noticed this line. So, I think, it better to use .gblorb version.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
About Godot version:

• New Godot Version(Very much a work in progress, not much here yet!): , , , , or
That's from their blog, if somebody didn't noticed this line. So, I think, it better to use .gblorb version.
uh that is the one you can download here, also its not "not much here" its literally just buttons that do nothing lol. Not even sure why that is on the links bit for this lol

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
that may be a false positive since I have seen it popup ALOT but I would rather somone who knows more then me confirm it.
Definitely a false positive. Names like that (i.e. "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml") are pretty generic, and it's basically the AV software's way of saying "this might be a virus. Maybe. I think? Possibly." This is called a heuristic match, and it essentially searches for "suspicious behavior" (note that sometimes even something as benign as a decompression algorithm can trigger this) rather than a confirmed positive match.

The best way to know for sure is to upload it to an aggregate site like VirusTotal. If a majority of the scanners agree that it's badware then, yeah, it should likely be avoided. FSGodot.exe, however, comes up with this:

1665439945883.png

If 1 out of 69 scanners detect it, it's safe to say that it's a false positive.

I can speak on this from experience as well. I used to contribute to an open-source project, and we constantly had issues with Windows Defender flagging the 32-bit Windows version (not the 64-bit version, mind you) of our application as a trojan. Every single time we were ready to do a release we'd have to send a file to the Microsoft anti-virus team to explicitly whitelist the application. It was beyond annoying.

Reactions: mrttao

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Definitely a false positive. Names like that (i.e. "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml") are pretty generic, and it's basically the AV software's way of saying "this might be a virus. Maybe. I think? Possibly." This is called a heuristic match, and it essentially searches for "suspicious behavior" (note that sometimes even something as benign as a decompression algorithm can trigger this) rather than a confirmed positive match.

The best way to know for sure is to upload it to an aggregate site like VirusTotal. If a majority of the scanners agree that it's badware then, yeah, it should likely be avoided. FSGodot.exe, however, comes up with this:

View attachment 2093891

If 1 out of 69 scanners detect it, it's safe to say that it's a false positive.

I can speak on this from experience as well. I used to contribute to an open-source project, and we constantly had issues with Windows Defender flagging the 32-bit Windows version (not the 64-bit version, mind you) of our application as a trojan. Every single time we were ready to do a release we'd have to send a file to the Microsoft anti-virus team to explicitly whitelist the application. It was beyond annoying.
from my own expirence I had the same issue but it during development of a 32bit inno installer that had a seporate embeded c# temporary program that would handle the more complex requirements.

If I remember correctly I think I was working on Obsidian conflict at the time and was helping make an installer that would link up all the other games that were installed so that thier content could be used in said game.

windows defender would basicly crap out if I wrote the program a certain way so I had to find a code pattern that wasnt detected as a virus.

Televizi

Feb 8, 2018
Does anybody else have trouble making Cole/coura stay female? or is it just me
Cole/ coura is the mall rat you get to transform with nermine

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Does anybody else have trouble making Cole/coura stay female? or is it just me
Cole/ coura is the mall rat you get to transform with nermine
if you mean the mallrat who gets infected by the demon seed I thought she looses the cock when you cure hur.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
from my own expirence I had the same issue but it during development of a 32bit inno installer that had a seporate embeded c# temporary program that would handle the more complex requirements.

If I remember correctly I think I was working on Obsidian conflict at the time and was helping make an installer that would link up all the other games that were installed so that thier content could be used in said game.
Yep, that sounds like something that would cause it to freak out. Even though a lot of benign applications do similar things, that's still similar in behavior to a malware dropper.

The application I contributed to started running into false positives after they added an auto-update feature, so I can't say I'm surprised.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the reason the Godot port of FS is being picked up is because of its GDScript bytecode interpreter. It's a pretty weak flag seeing as hardly anything detects it, but stuff like that could be considered to be a weak obfuscation measure.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Yep, that sounds like something that would cause it to freak out. Even though a lot of benign applications do similar things, that's still similar in behavior to a malware dropper.

The application I contributed to started running into false positives after they added an auto-update feature, so I can't say I'm surprised.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the reason the Godot port of FS is being picked up is because of its GDScript bytecode interpreter. It's a pretty weak flag seeing as hardly anything detects it, but stuff like that could be considered to be a weak obfuscation measure.
yep plus I think I have seen regular powershell scripts have have the Wacatac marker

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes