RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm not a full time game developer. FMF is something I work on when time allows.
We keep having great ideas we want to incorporate into the story. Then after developing all of the separate events OhWee has to pull all of the various pieces together to edit one coherent narrative.
OhWee is the technical force behind this endeavour. I couldn't even set up a game thread, let alone mesh all of the various coding from the mini-events.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
As RustyV has pointed out, yeah this is a 'part time' project that we do in our spare time for free.

But y'all are probably due for an update, so I probably should share my perspective here...

FmF_RideHome_Rusty.jpg

So, what is the current status of FmF?

RustyV and BigRooster have handed off pretty much everything they have been working on mini story-wise to me.

My current plan is to spend pretty much all of December pulling everything together into a cohesive story for Part 2. I do still have some renders that I need to do on my end for the mini stories that I had planneed as well.

I may need a few supplemental renders from the guys, but at this point it's pretty much all on me. Also, once I pull everything together, OF COURSE the team will need to playtest everything, fixing typos and such and finding the right music and such for various parts of the story. That could take some extra time, but I need to pull everything together first...

I know that this may come as a complete shock to none of you, but I have other games that I'm also interested in here at F95Zone as well. I'm currently hammering away at a personal project for Jen's Dilemma, it's a short story that I just need to finish scripting. It mainly repurposes the existing art, but I've done a few new renders for my short story as well. My intention was to have it done by now, and hopefully I can pull it together before the end of November. Once that's done, it's a 'one and done' affair. It's just some whim that I needed to chase...

There's another possible side project looming ATM as well, but that shouldn't take more than a day or two. It'd involve some interface tweaking for a Ren'Py port for some other game, dunno if the guy who is currently working on that is interested or not though.

I just finished up an update to one of my walkthrough/guide projects, so that should be good until the next update for that game drops, and I do have another walkthrough that I'll need to tackle after the next update drops, which could be any time now...

If everything goes well, as far as FmF is concerned, the end of December is my target date, but that could easily slip into January. As noted, we do this in our free time when the whim strikes.

I haven't been in a rendering mood for a while now. Sure, I pump out a few here and there, but the magic isn't there for me currently, so while I've done a few 'whim' renders...

I also screwed up by waiting too long to grab an RTX 3090. I didn't want to grab one used, but I misinterpreted the situation. The Tech Press gave me the impression that there were a bajillion RTX 3090s just laying about still new in box, but those actually started to dry up in late October. I was waiting for the price to drop a bit further on new cards, but instead the prices has been jumping back up past MSRP, and I waffled a bit too long on a couple of buying opportunities, so that's had me down in the dumps.

I have no interest in the 40 series cards, I just want a 24 GB 3090 for my eGPU enclosure, at a price I can afford that's not used. The 12 GB RTX 3060 that I have now is working fine, but for the renders I want to do for FmF, 12GB of VRAM just isn't enough for a few of the scenes.

So yeah, I'm the holdup at this point. My plan is to pull everything together during this holiday season, and hopefully it won't take more than a month or so...

I just need to get a couple of other things out of the way first!
o_O

Last edited:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
As RustyV has pointed out, yeah this is a 'part time' project that we do in our spare time for free.

But y'all are probably due for an update, so I probably should share my perspective here...

View attachment 2200980

So, what is the current status of FmF?

RustyV and BigRooster have handed off pretty much everything they have been working on mini story-wise to me.

My current plan is to spend pretty much all of December pulling everything together into a cohesive story for Part 2. I do still have some renders that I need to do on my end for the mini stories that I had planneed as well.

I may need a few supplemental renders from the guys, but at this point it's pretty much all on me. Also, once I pull everything together, OF COURSE the team will need to playtest everything, fixing typos and such and finding the right music and such for various parts of the story. That could take some extra time, but I need to pull everything together first...

I know that this may come as a complete shock to none of you, but I have other games that I'm also interested in here at F95Zone as well. I'm currently hammering away at a personal project for Jen's Dilemma, it's a short story that I just need to finish scripting. It mainly repurposes the existing art, but I've done a few new renders for my short story as well. My intention was to have it done by now, and hopefully I can pull it together before the end of November. Once that's done, it's a 'one and done' affair. It's just some whim that I needed to chase...

There's another possible side project looming ATM as well, but that shouldn't take more than a day or two. It'd involve some interface tweaking for a Ren'Py port for some other game, dunno if the guy who is currently working on that is interested or not though.

I just finished up an update to one of my walkthrough/guide projects, so that should be good until the next update for that game drops, and I do have another walkthrough that I'll need to tackle after the next update drops, which could be any time now...

If everything goes well, as far as FmF is concerned, the end of December is my target date, but that could easily slip into January. As noted, we do this in our free time when the whim strikes.

I haven't been in a rendering mood for a while now. Sure, I pump out a few here and there, but the magic isn't there for me currently, so while I've done a few 'whim' renders...

I also screwed up by waiting too long to grab an RTX 3090. I didn't want to grab one used, but I misinterpreted the situation. The Tech Press gave me the impression that there were a bajillion RTX 3090s just laying about still new in box, but those actually started to dry up in late October. I was waiting for the price to drop a bit further on new cards, but instead the prices has been jumping back up past MSRP, and I waffled a bit too long on a couple of buying opportunities, so that's had me down in the dumps.

I have no interest in the 40 series cards, I just want a 24 GB 3090 for my eGPU enclosure, at a price I can afford that's not used. The 12 GB RTX 3060 that I have now is working fine, but for the renders I want to do for FmF, 12GB of VRAM just isn't enough for a few of the scenes.

So yeah, I'm the holdup at this point. My plan is to pull everything together during this holiday season, and hopefully it won't take more than a month or so...

I just need to get a couple of other things out of the way first!
o_O
I do hope you get a bit of spare time to whip up some cookies n' milk for Santa!
If you've been good all year there might be something hiding under the tree to help out!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: OhWee

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I neglected to mention that I am currently putting the finishing touches to my DMD alternate universe virtual novel, My Naughty Daughter.
I made it as one long game but decided it's too long and will break it into a trilogy. OhWee will attest to the fact that I let stories spin out of control and something that most people would do with a handful of renders and a few hundred lines of code turn into epic mini-series.
After I finish MND I plan to turn a fan-fic I did on a dare into a VN. It's my version of Betty and Veronica, much darker and with more overt lesbian content. It's not a great work of literature but will translate nicely into a VN. I'm making characters when I get Dee burn-out.
I probably will have Dee in as a minor character. I just like that character too much to let her die.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
I neglected to mention that I am currently putting the finishing touches to my DMD alternate universe virtual novel, My Naughty Daughter.

my version of Betty and Veronica, much darker and with more overt lesbian content. It's not a great work of literature but will translate nicely into a VN. I'm making characters when I get Dee burn-out.
I probably will have Dee in as a minor character. I just like that character too much to let her die.
You Naughty Dad!
Use CPR if you have to. Keep the kid alive! She's too young to die!

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
When will you post it :) ?
I'm not planning to post MND until DMD has run it course.
If the final DMD :)() comes out in December then most likely January.
At most this will only be a short 3 or 4 update series. I have planned to work on putting something of my own out after MND.

Behappy69

Nov 3, 2020
Thread Updated: 2022-01-13
Release Date: 2022-01-13
So could anyone tell me if is there any real chance of this game slash story continuing or if going by what I see it looks bad for it continuing at this point?

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes