• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
When does the error pop up? When you hover over her hint pic, or when you're going to a certain place, or what? Can you be more specific about what the error message says?
i just noticed it only happens when i put my mouse cursor on kirsten and rebecca's icons on the top right. This is for the renpy version. It started happening after I had sex with Kirsten.Only for both of their icons. The other ones are fine.

also having that tatianna error when talking to ashley about a personal trainer

here: the traceback file for the error for kirsten and tatianna

Last edited:

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Looks like those are the same errors RottenPlum mentioned. For Kirsten, do this. For Tatianna, try going into the images folder, make a copy of "z0 27 Tatianna.png" and rename the copy to "z0 tatianna.png" (don't just rename the original, or it could cause other errors later). I'm doing both of these blind (not reproducing the bugs to make sure these solutions work), but those solutions make sense in theory.

• Love
Reactions: tuShua

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like those are the same errors RottenPlum mentioned. For Kirsten, do this. For Tatianna, try going into the images folder, make a copy of "z0 27 Tatianna.png" and rename the copy to "z0 tatianna.png" (don't just rename the original, or it could cause other errors later). I'm doing both of these blind (not reproducing the bugs to make sure these solutions work), but those solutions make sense in theory.
Thank you very much. I'll try doing the one you suggested for Tatianna. For Kristen however, it just went away on its own for some reason. It's all good now. I think it was just an event conflict

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
If you progress to the point where it gives you the next hint, then that'll make the problem go away, because the problem is a line in the hint file, not in the script.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Thanks man, i kinda got used to it, but i got some other bugs along the way like error when i gotta talk to gym girl about training and kirsten bug where make her cum once is on repeat without progress and when i make her cum twice i got error when i hover on her hame and then after i slap her ass at museum another error appears when hovering on rebecca name. I hope NightTrain can fix those bugs when he finds time.

Edit: Here's error when hovering on kirsten picture after starting domination route:
<<<SNIP>>>

Edit: Gym error when talking to Ashley about training:
<<<SNIP>>>
Thanks for the feedback! Although it looks like you and rb813 have already resolved the issues, I've fixed the bugs you reported, and have added buttons to lock the mood and sleep on the "STATS" screen. You can download the patch from the "Ren'Py Remake" post.

Reactions: RottenPlum

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Thank you very much. I'll try doing the one you suggested for Tatianna. For Kristen however, it just went away on its own for some reason. It's all good now. I think it was just an event conflict
Definitely my bugs! If you're still having trouble, download the patch I posted on the "Ren'Py Remake" post.

Reactions: tuShua

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
Here's the latest patch (v0.1.5) for the remake. I've also included links to the base files (v0.1.1) containing all the images. The latest version includes in-game hints, suggesting what actions to take next. Although no longer necessary, the off-line walkthrough is still available.
- - - (Base files)
(Unzip contents to the game folder)
Unity is hot garbage. Glad someone changed it over to Renpy.

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
Definitely my bugs! If you're still having trouble, download the patch I posted on the "Ren'Py Remake" post.
I will, and thank you for the remake. The bugs don't really bother that much in gameplay, i think it's just minor script errors when it comes to events conflicting like for example, you progressed too far with Kirsten and haven't completed some of Irene's events. Anyway, you have our thanks for the remake. The Unity one was just terrible. It's not the developer, it's just the engine being used to create VN's

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Unity is hot garbage. Glad someone changed it over to Renpy.
Man of the House is made in Unity, and that game runs smooth as silk. I don't want to bash HoneyGames too much, because he's trying his best, but let's just say I think his strongest skill set is in the 3D art design, not the programming.

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the feedback! Although it looks like you and rb813 have already resolved the issues, I've fixed the bugs you reported, and have added buttons to lock the mood and sleep on the "STATS" screen. You can download the patch from the "Ren'Py Remake" post.
Thanks, i already finished game, had same problem with kirsten later when hovering over her icon for guide, but i followed walkthrough and finished all without trouble.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
NightTrain

How to progress with Sofia? There is just the hint to talk to her on Wednesday ... but where? It is not the pizzeria.

Its a fun game, but there is really no good reason for the movement. Its is still a linear game. At some point you have to have certain events to progress further. But at least thanks to your work it is now running in a decent engine ^^

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Sorry, do you mean this post? Because I just downloaded the patch again, and it looks like the "kirstendomincation" typo is still there.
Thanks for asking. I mean post #484, the one linked to from the first post. It's too much work updating the file in all the places it's mentioned, so I'll just be editing post #484 from now on.

Reactions: rb813

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
NightTrain

How to progress with Sofia? There is just the hint to talk to her on Wednesday ... but where? It is not the pizzeria.

Its a fun game, but there is really no good reason for the movement. Its is still a linear game. At some point you have to have certain events to progress further. But at least thanks to your work it is now running in a decent engine ^^
You may need to talk to Sofia on Friday, and ask her about "Musuems". There's no real content with Sofia, so don't work too hard trying to progress with her.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Is there a lot of grind?
Depends on how much you like the grind! There is some in the first week of play building stats, but it should only take 10 minutes or so of real time to get through that, and then you can make a save. Or you can embrace the grind and figure out how to most efficiently move forward with the story, while also building your stats, but this will take longer.

Once you've built your stats, it's mostly a matter of moving through the stories. There are some events that occur only once a week, so you have to pay attention to the in-game help (only in the ren'py version) to make sure you go to the right places at the right times. There are enough parallel events to keep you occupied so that you aren't just burning through time to get to the next opportunity to extend a story.

In short, there's some grind. It's not a straight VN where you just go from event to event, but it's not endless repetition of the same tasks over and over either. I find the balance about right (if I pay attention to the in-game help).

Reactions: vlad123123

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
When can I find Guenda at the dress shop??

And how do I increase Stamina? First time having sex with Kirsten and I go down from 150 relationship points to 95 - i guess because im cumming to quickly

Edit: How can I follow my brother a second time? I´m in the living room on Wednesday by 17:00 but he just disappears after I talk to him at 6..

Last edited:

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
When can I find Guenda at the dress shop??

And how do I increase Stamina? First time having sex with Kirsten and I go down from 150 relationship points to 95 - i guess because im cumming to quickly

Edit: How can I follow my brother a second time? I´m in the living room on Wednesday by 17:00 but he just disappears after I talk to him at 6..
Guenda's in the dress shop on weekends at 1500 and 1600. You need relationship > 10 with her.

For the sex scenes you need to pick the right positions so that Kirsten's stamina goes down faster than yours. Just keep picking the second option from the top during sex, and max out the foreplay beforehand.

When you've followed your brother the first time you should be able to go to Meadow's house whenever you want. To catch your brother go to Meadow's house on Wednesdays from 2100 - 0100.

Reactions: PalmFace
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes