JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
If anyone else has issues with the dialogue box being so big and black, heres an easy fix.

Go into the game folder and open "gui.rpy" with notepad++ and paste the attached code after line 139.

Code:
# additional persistent variables begin here
define persistent.dialogueBoxOpacity = 1.5
# end extra variables

save the file and restart the game.

Reactions: Mukashi

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
If anyone else has issues with the dialogue box being so big and black, heres an easy fix.

Go into the game folder and open "gui.rpy" with notepad++ and paste the attached code after line 139.

Code:
# additional persistent variables begin here
define persistent.dialogueBoxOpacity = 1.5
# end extra variables

save the file and restart the game.
Hm, the way I see it, there are multiple problems with your approach: firstly, alpha ranges from 0.0 to 1.0, secondly the mentionend variable isn't read by the game, and thirdly there's no Transform on the background to begin with:
Bash:
game/screens.rpy
139:    background Image("gui/textbox.png", xalign=0.5, yalign=1.0)
So until Mukashi gets around to adding , either use the newest version which uses a much better background image (see comparison shots specifically selected for Wolf Plays™'s pleasure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
) or Penfold Mole's Transparent Text Box Mod to remove the background completely (background None).

Hope this helps!

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Hm, the way I see it, there are multiple problems with your approach: firstly, alpha ranges from 0.0 to 1.0, secondly the mentionend variable isn't read by the game, and thirdly there's no Transform on the background to begin with:
Bash:
game/screens.rpy
So until Mukashi gets around to adding , either use the newest version which uses a much better background image (see comparison shots specifically selected for Wolf Plays™'s pleasure:
) or Penfold Mole's Transparent Text Box Mod to remove the background completely (background None).

Hope this helps!
I already have my own transparent text box mod. It's based off the one you posted. But, I removed the bloat in the script.

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I cant be more than 200 words in and I already want to bang the mom. Any plans for an I-patch?
An I-Patch? For... incest? In my god-fearing, honest-to-goodness, no-nonsense, by-the-books VN? I cannot believe the audacity, the gall, the absolute disregard for the sanctity of morals that you have introduced to this thre-

Ah yeah. Slipped my mind. I'm having 'Jade Withdrawals'. Ahahaha
20 CCs of Jade, STAT! Her cuteness is known to prevent all kinds of ailments ;)

Bash:
game/screens.rpy

Hope this helps!
Your suggestions have been amazing, opacity slider will now be on the menu soon! I think I even know a few games to look at for that code. It feels good improving the game piece by piece :giggle:

Last edited:

truien

Mar 17, 2020
An I-Patch? For... incest? In my god-fearing, honest-to-goodness, no-nonsense, by-the-books VN? I cannot believe the audacity, the gall, the absolute disregard for the sanctity of morals that you have introduced to this thre-
Mukashi My apologies, I never meant to imply that your work was anything but wholesome. Please pardon my faux pas. What I meant to ask was if your dedication to producing upstanding and virtuous visual novels will ever result in fun for the whole family? ;)

Also, thank you for making my day with that additional render. You rock!! :love::love::love:

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Hey Mukashi are there any plans to make Charlie a LI? By her looks and personality, all signs are pointing towards her being attracted to females at least in part, however I'm kinda into that tom-boy vibe she has going on.

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Mukashi My apologies, I never meant to imply that your work was anything but wholesome. Please pardon my faux pas. What I meant to ask was if your dedication to producing upstanding and virtuous visual novels will ever result in fun for the whole family? ;)

Also, thank you for making my day with that additional render. You rock!! :love::love::love:
I think it would be awful if some deviant were to steal the render files for MC's mom and little sisters and create some kind of secret unofficial family add on. If I had to make a guess on when such a terrible thing would happen, which it probably won't, it would likely be much later after a big chunk of the game was completed. But, this would be devastating, as I am GREATLY opposed to even the thought of blood relations having... relations. Hope that clears everything up :giggle:

Hey Mukashi are there any plans to make Charlie a LI? By her looks and personality, all signs are pointing towards her being attracted to females at least in part, however I'm kinda into that tom-boy vibe she has going on.
Charlie is definitely a love interest, and she's the cutest Tomboy that I have! More from her and all the other girls to come(y)

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Depends on what currency it is. If it's € or $ or £, you damn right. But if it's ¥ not really. That would be about 8,000 US.
That's still pretty high. I live in a city with a lot of graft, and I think a business license is about 2K per year. It would be almost impossible to open a small business if license fees are that high.

EDIT: I just looked it up. For a business like MCs in my city the license would be about $300 at most.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
That's still pretty high. I live in a city with a lot of graft, and I think a business license is about 2K per year. It would be almost impossible to open a small business if license fees are that high.

EDIT: I just looked it up. For a business like MCs in my city the license would be about $300 at most.
In my search, I found this:

Notable info from that page:

Food Truck Start-up Costs
EquipmentEstimated CostNotes
Food Truck + Wrap & Equipment$25,000 – $100,000Feel free to add your personal notes here.
Initial Product Inventory$1,000 – $2,000
Permits and Licenses$100 – $500Varies a lot depending on where you operate.
WebsiteFree – $5,000Varies a lot depending on what you want.
Facebook / TwitterFree
Register / POS$200 – $1,000Can also use an iPad and an app for credit transactions.
Uniforms / T-Shirts$0 – $1,000
Paper Products (Plates / Napkins, etc.)$200 – $300
Misc. Expenses (Like a Chalk Menu)$500 – $2000Plan for some unexpected expenses here and put it into the budget.
Smallwares: Pots, Pans, etc.$1000 – $2000
Fire Extinguisher$100 – $300
Total Low End$28100
Total High End$114100
Food Truck On-Going Costs
ItemMonthly Estimated CostNotes
Commissary$400 – $1,200Varies greatly depending on location and services provided by commissary.
Phone / Internet$100 – $200
Fuel$500This will vary a lot.
Labor???$8 – $15 per hour is average rate.
Repairs$1000Better to budget for it.
Food / Beverage Restock???Depends on food cost and frequency of operation.
Paper Product Restock???Depends on food cost and frequency of operation.
Total:???

The above is just the startup costs.

Edit:

Also to note, some of these are monthly, not yearly:

Food Truck License Checklist for L.A.
✓ Business tax certificate (from the Office of Finance)
No fee

✓ Public health operating license (from the L.A. County Department of Public Health – Environmental Health and Safety)
$150–$600+

✓ Licensed commissary rental or ownership
Ownership prices vary
For rental, $500 to $1,500 per truck per month

✓ Manager’s food safety certification (for you and any employees)
$99 per person (for course and exam)

✓ Food handler permit
$7 per person

✓ Employer Identification Number (EIN)
No fee

✓ Driver’s license and registration
$110–$260

Last edited:

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Depends on what currency it is. If it's € or $ or £, you damn right. But if it's ¥ not really. That would be about 8,000 US.
MC wishes it was in Yen LOL

In my search, I found this:

Notable info from that page:

Food Truck Start-up Costs
EquipmentEstimated CostNotes
Food Truck + Wrap & Equipment$25,000 – $100,000Feel free to add your personal notes here.
Initial Product Inventory$1,000 – $2,000
Permits and Licenses$100 – $500Varies a lot depending on where you operate.
WebsiteFree – $5,000Varies a lot depending on what you want.
Facebook / TwitterFree
Register / POS$200 – $1,000Can also use an iPad and an app for credit transactions.
Uniforms / T-Shirts$0 – $1,000
Paper Products (Plates / Napkins, etc.)$200 – $300
Misc. Expenses (Like a Chalk Menu)$500 – $2000Plan for some unexpected expenses here and put it into the budget.
Smallwares: Pots, Pans, etc.$1000 – $2000
Fire Extinguisher$100 – $300
Total Low End$28100
Total High End$114100
Food Truck On-Going Costs
ItemMonthly Estimated CostNotes
Commissary$400 – $1,200Varies greatly depending on location and services provided by commissary.
Phone / Internet$100 – $200
Fuel$500This will vary a lot.
Labor???$8 – $15 per hour is average rate.
Repairs$1000Better to budget for it.
Food / Beverage Restock???Depends on food cost and frequency of operation.
Paper Product Restock???Depends on food cost and frequency of operation.
Total:???

The above is just the startup costs.

Edit:

Also to note, some of these are monthly, not yearly:

Food Truck License Checklist for L.A.
✓ Business tax certificate (from the Office of Finance)
No fee

✓ Public health operating license (from the L.A. County Department of Public Health – Environmental Health and Safety)
$150–$600+

✓ Licensed commissary rental or ownership
Ownership prices vary
For rental, $500 to $1,500 per truck per month

✓ Manager’s food safety certification (for you and any employees)
$99 per person (for course and exam)

✓ Food handler permit
$7 per person

✓ Employer Identification Number (EIN)
No fee

✓ Driver’s license and registration
$110–$260
Both of you are right, for the sake of realism $50,000 yearly for permits does seem pretty outrageous. I'll change this in the next release, I'm thinking of making it an initial fee of $30,000 plus $5,000 annual renewal. I'll probably also have a few lines somewhere about the different things this encompasses, like the health licenses and such.

I still want it to be pretty high though, and the real reason will be shown later on. I mean, what unseen forces could possibly want to make MC's life as difficult as possible? ;)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
MC wishes it was in Yen LOL

Both of you are right, for the sake of realism $50,000 yearly for permits does seem pretty outrageous. I'll change this in the next release, I'm thinking of making it an initial fee of $30,000 plus $5,000 annual renewal. I'll probably also have a few lines somewhere about the different things this encompasses, like the health licenses and such.

I still want it to be pretty high though, and the real reason will be shown later on. I mean, what unseen forces could possibly want to make MC's life as difficult as possible? ;)
Yeah. I wish my payments were in Yen also. As long as Jade is in the MC's life, everything will be golden. Ahahaha

• Haha
4.00 star(s) 27 Votes