seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just two things. Technically, it is not a food "truck" as truck would imply some form of locomotion (like an engine). It is a food trailer. Not a big fan of the forced trailers after each chapter. Most of the content in those would only be of interest to other developers. That, and you are doing white type on a light background, making them very difficult to read, anyway.

That having been said, it looks like you are off to a promising start. The best thing about your VN (by far) to this point is the visuals. You have done a really good job of creating the female characters and dressing them, and your posing and camera angles show off their best attributes. I didn't see any credits for other games, so for a first game (if this is) your work is excellent and shows that you have put a lot of time and effort into creating some excellent art. The story is a little vanilla, but the MC actually doing something for a living (rather than being bequeathed truckloads of money or sponging off of parents) is a new twist that you can get some mileage out of.

I am looking forward to future installments.

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I thought Sunshine Love was the food truck story?
Nonono, that's the one where you repair a roof and learn about tools I think:p

Claire is looking a little too femdommy for my taste. Too bad since she's cute. It would be nice to have a graceful "no thank you" exit from her scene once it's clear which direction it is heading. Forcing players to savescum to avoid an unwanted scene isn't great from a design perspective. ;)

Looking forward to your next installment! Keep on keeping on!
I thought about that issue while writing, and this scene is also like a previous one with Emily, where she asks if you want a tour of the house. It's implied contextually before both choices that something will happen, and you have the choice to do something else, but there's not exactly a way out after you choose.

As for adding paths, it's possible that I'll backtrack and put more in the future. But, I'm trying to limit them so there isn't too much branching early on that gets much harder to keep track of later. The best alternative fix for this would probably be a walkthrough/walkthrough mod which I might make later, letting players know where things lead. I hope this makes sense, thank you for bringing it up!

I'm just gonna go ahead and admit it. When I got to the scrolling yellow with all the assets and such I waited.(but not to the end) and then I closed it out to come here and give some thoughts on it. That's when I found out there's actually more to it after the 'credit's' were done rolling.. lol Going back in but just a quick off the cuff. Nice premise for a new story, decent graphics and writing.. flows well and has a great shot at becoming a hit.

A sticking point.. not a realistic coffee break to me since it is a new business and at the particular point in time (of the day) somebody running a food truck (newly established food truck in fact) should be totally focused on chasing that almighty dollar. Perhaps the coffee meet up would be better suited for after hours.. Toss in a sleeping bag for the first few nights on the floor of the truck and after the first week our MC would be jumping at a room for 400 bucks a night. :)

With that all being said I do believe this one is gonna get two thumbs up from me. Good luck Mukashi !!
Thank you for the kind words:giggle: I'll likely rework the coffee break later (and the other many inconsistencies) since it'll be easier to iron them out all at once, but I'm definitely keeping track of them! Also I'm looking for a sleeping bag asset now lol

Just two things. Technically, it is not a food "truck" as truck would imply some form of locomotion (like an engine). It is a food trailer. Not a big fan of the forced trailers after each chapter. Most of the content in those would only be of interest to other developers. That, and you are doing white type on a light background, making them very difficult to read, anyway.

That having been said, it looks like you are off to a promising start. The best thing about your VN (by far) to this point is the visuals. You have done a really good job of creating the female characters and dressing them, and your posing and camera angles show off their best attributes. I didn't see any credits for other games, so for a first game (if this is) your work is excellent and shows that you have put a lot of time and effort into creating some excellent art. The story is a little vanilla, but the MC actually doing something for a living (rather than being bequeathed truckloads of money or sponging off of parents) is a new twist that you can get some mileage out of.

I am looking forward to future installments.
Really appreciate the compliments, and the criticisms as well! In the next update their will be an option to have skippable End Credits, and the overall colors for the game (including credits) will be a bit darker and more unified. Having characters dress in outfits that fit their color scheme/personalities is very important to me and I hope it continues to show :giggle:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Technically, it is not a food "truck" as truck would imply some form of locomotion (like an engine). It is a food trailer.
Not really. is the correct term.

Edit: Oh I just saw the preview pic. I get what you're saying now. I think it's just semantics though. I have not heard anyone say food trailer before.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Really appreciate the compliments, and the criticisms as well! In the next update their will be an option to have skippable End Credits, and the overall colors for the game (including credits) will be a bit darker and more unified. Having characters dress in outfits that fit their color scheme/personalities is very important to me and I hope it continues to show :giggle:
Your artistic abilities (color selection, character design, character dress and hairstyling) are quite evident, as well as your skills in Daz3D, especially in still rendering. Animation is a little more challenging, but if you approach it from a good starting point (and you already have a pretty good starting point) it is not as scary as it sounds. I look forward to the next installment.

Reactions: Mukashi

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
This EGame is a very pleasant surprise... i enjoyed it :giggle:
On my main save path, my MC is definitely romancing Mai character, can't wait to hear and see more about her :love:

This is one sweet EGame with unique story to say the least and was little surprised we got to name our food truck so my mind went totally blank for like 5 minutes about naming ideas lol... at some point "Tasty Food Machine" was in my mind for some reason and i was like why not, Tasty Food Machine it is! :KEK:

Looking forward to future updates, this one has good potential... good luck Mukashi (y)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Played this through. Renders are great. Some of the scenes are really annoying though. When we're talking to someone, I'd prefer to be looking at their faces. Not all over different parts of their body. I don't know if that's the 'art style' or what, but, I personally am not a fan. As for the MC, he's too paranoid for my taste. But, I want to see where things go with Jade. For me, she's the only redeeming part in this game.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Dev should read a book on directing because I don't understand this camera shot at all.

weird_angle.png

The previous line of dialog was an outside shot of the house and farm that looked (accidentally?) like the color filtering from the depression era story "O Brother, Where Art Thou?". The conversation is just normal exposition and would ideally be a two shot or maybe a more artistic series of shots from the outside through the front door and through the rooms to the kitchen and then that two shot. What are we supposed to be looking at here? I don't think we are trying to sell furniture or kitchen appliances. Mom's pose is leading viewers attention out of the frame to the MC who is offscreen. So yeah, the framing and flow are terrible.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Same problem here. What are we looking at?
weird_angle2.png

Dev should take the lead from all of the youtube travelogs where the go-pro is either handheld by the passenger doiing a head shot of the driver, or it's clipped up in the ceiling, window from a back seat, or out the front window from the dash.

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I'm getting some Femdom vibes from Claire all I have to say is I'm no ones bitch but my own good update though.;)
Agreed, she might need a spankin' lol.
Also, love your username. Maan I'm pretty!

This EGame is a very pleasant surprise... i enjoyed it :giggle:
On my main save path, my MC is definitely romancing Mai character, can't wait to hear and see more about her :love:

This is one sweet EGame with unique story to say the least and was little surprised we got to name our food truck so my mind went totally blank for like 5 minutes about naming ideas lol... at some point "Tasty Food Machine" was in my mind for some reason and i was like why not, Tasty Food Machine it is! :KEK:

Looking forward to future updates, this one has good potential... good luck Mukashi (y)
Glad you liked it :giggle: You have good taste in Food Truck Names and girls hahaha

Played this through. Renders are great. Some of the scenes are really annoying though. When we're talking to someone, I'd prefer to be looking at their faces. Not all over different parts of their body. I don't know if that's the 'art style' or what, but, I personally am not a fan. As for the MC, he's too paranoid for my taste. But, I want to see where things go with Jade. For me, she's the only redeeming part in this game.
I definitely understand that the style isn't for everyone, and thats okay! One of the (many) reasons I chose it is because I felt too many games I've played do POV renders where you're two inches from everyone's face while talking to them.
Makes me think of this lmao

But yeah, even if the style isn't your... uh.. style I hope you can still find things you like :)

Dev should read a book on directing because I don't understand this camera shot at all.

View attachment 1312665

The previous line of dialog was an outside shot of the house and farm that looked (accidentally?) like the color filtering from the depression era story "O Brother, Where Art Thou?". The conversation is just normal exposition and would ideally be a two shot or maybe a more artistic series of shots from the outside through the front door and through the rooms to the kitchen and then that two shot. What are we supposed to be looking at here? I don't think we are trying to sell furniture or kitchen appliances. Mom's pose is leading viewers attention out of the frame to the MC who is offscreen. So yeah, the framing and flow are terrible.
Like I said above, I understand if you don't like the style, it's definitely not for everyone. I've taken no classes and haven't read any books on directing, nor do I intend to, this is just my own way of doing things inspired by media I've watched. I know I'm not perfect, but I do think I'm improving as I go :giggle:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I definitely understand that the style isn't for everyone, and thats okay! One of the (many) reasons I chose it is because I felt too many games I've played do POV renders where you're two inches from everyone's face while talking to them.

But yeah, even if the style isn't your... uh.. style I hope you can still find things you like :)
I did...

Untitled.jpg

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
Agreed, she might need a spankin' lol.
Also, love your username. Maan I'm pretty!

Glad you liked it :giggle: You have good taste in Food Truck Names and girls hahaha

Like I said above, I understand if you don't like the style, it's definitely not for everyone. I've taken no classes and haven't read any books on directing, nor do I intend to, this is just my own way of doing things inspired by media I've watched. I know I'm not perfect, but I do think I'm improving as I go :giggle:
A very good old fashion spanking if you ask me.
Thanks for the complement my friend and yes he's one sexy beast. :D

jldr

Oct 29, 2019
Love the art in this game but when I saw "Mei" I said oh here we go again with this name and no way is she Asian, since every Dev uses either that or "Kim" for Asian girls. Then she said it herself... confirming my belief that she looks in no way Asian at all.

• Haha

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Solid start, but PLEASE get rid of the credits after each chapter. I can live with that at the end of all the content when I can just close the game. I really dont care ...

The rest is fine I guess. A tad to many black screens with just dialog and no images. And the random camera angles in dialog can distract sometimes. I really do like to know what my character looks at. I mean - when it is just to get a better angle (mc is looking at a pussy and we get another angle - thats fine), but sometimes its just random - maybe this should give the game some kind of movie aesthetics, but for me it doenst work.

And maybe passing time should be mentioned sometimes - with a text plate "after some days" - "the next day" ... when we are at the bar of the uncle I first thought it were the same evening, but I guess it was the next day or so ... Sure most of the time some character says something like that, but I dont like that as the only hint.

May 31, 2019
I can agree with all the complaints about the random angles, but I had interpreted it as the MC being socially awkward and not knowing where to look and I was hoping that it would get better as the story progressed and he became more confident.
If it isn't, that's cool too but it does get distracting at times. The coffee scene was especially weird for me.
Otherwise, I enjoyed the game. Unique characters and a solid starting point for deeper hijinks. Looking forward to more!

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Hello! Food Truck Story - Chapter 2 (v0.26) is now available on for $5+ patrons!

This is a GUI Update, which includes the addition of the Gallery, Naming Saves, and the Skippable Credits Option!
Other changes include overall color scheme (more unified), in-game text font, character name colors, and a proper game icon.
Please enjoy :giggle:

4.png

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Food Truck Story [Ch. 2 v0.25]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Food Truck Story [Ch. 2 v0.25]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

of Food Truck Story [Ch. 2 v0.20]

di un fan Food Truck Story [Ch. 2 v0.20]

*********************************************************************************

of Food Truck Story [Ch. 1 v0.1]

di un fan Food Truck Story [Ch. 1 v0.1]

Italian translation

Updated
: 2021-07-21
Version: Chapter 2 v0.25

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 27 Votes