Meloned

Mar 22, 2023
Zell is working on other things is all, I think he started remaking FOBS on a better engine as the current one is very limiting but he was finding it a bit tedious and other projects took over... He may one day pick it back up, who knows? it's a fairly decent size game as is anyway for what it is, so many great animations in there.
Yep, i hope android users can play games like these too

BuPa

Aug 21, 2017
When I try to run it, I get "missing MSVCR110.DLL" anyone know how to help? pls and thanks.
Assuming you didn't this time, I recommend trying the search bar for the thread next time. As in, "MSVCR110" or the like would've gotten you to where we were discussing that problem earlier. Have a look at this earlier post and see if it's enough to fix that issue, as it seemed to have been for the guy I responded to at the time:
This is sounding similar to the .dll issue I was having earlier in the thread, though it was a different .dll (d3dx9_39 instead of MSVCR110). Like I'm assuming you did, I found and downloaded the specific .dll I needed, but then a new error would pop up instead ('0xc000007b' for me, instead of 'ox000007b').

I outlined my eventual successful solution to these issues earlier in the thread, but I'll restate the problem and potential solution a bit differently here since, y'know, different .dll and all. If the underlying problem you're having is the same as what I had, then I think it's that the specific .dll you downloaded trying to fix the issue might be right, but is perhaps incompatible with some different, later revision that is already on your system. Moreover, the game or its engine wasn't equipped to accept or expect the later revision, and what the game actually wants is, specifically, a .dll that works with your framework but which is named what it was initially asking you for. Like, maybe the .dll you got as part of your framework is technically the correct .dll for that era, but the game is dumb and thinks it has to have the specific older version when it really doesn't – that was the impression I got when I looked and saw I already had an installation of DirectX9, but the game didn't like the D3DX9_43.dll that came with it and kept asking for d3dx9_39.dll, the earlier revision.

I solved my problem by going and finding the version of the .dll that I had – D3DX9_43.dll for me, probably MSVCR###-something for you, though I'm not sure where you'd look to find that – and then copying and pasting it into the game folder. After that, I just renamed it to the filename that the game first asked for, so my 'D3DX9_43.dll' became 'd3dx9_39.dll', and presumably your 'MSVCR###-whatever.dll' should be renamed to 'MSVCR110.dll'. After I did that, I had no more issues.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I hope it makes enough sense and that a solution like this can work for you.
Best of luck!

navyboy2096

Jul 6, 2021
Assuming you didn't this time, I recommend trying the search bar for the thread next time. As in, "MSVCR110" or the like would've gotten you to where we were discussing that problem earlier. Have a look at this earlier post and see if it's enough to fix that issue, as it seemed to have been for the guy I responded to at the time:

Best of luck!
everytime i try to start the game i get an application error

BuPa

Aug 21, 2017
everytime i try to start the game i get an application error
…My guy, you're quoting me recommending that someone else should search their error here in the thread, and they'd have found an earlier post about it. This is true for your error, as well ("0xc000007b"). Here's a post where I laid out what I thought were the causes of that issue and what worked for me as a solution:
I had the d3dx9_39.dll and (0xc000007b) issues, and it's taken me a good three hours of steadily growing insanity and bullheadedness, but I think I've managed to finally grasp and (so far, at least) solve them!

The answers in this thread and on google were almost no help. Downloading the dll in question and putting it in either the game folder or my SysWOW64 folder got rid of the d3dx9_39.dll error, but it was then replaced by the (0xc000007b) error. Installing the latest .NET frameworks did nothing, changing DPI settings in the compatibility section of the exe's Properties did nothing, installing and attempting to use Locale Emulator did nothing, and a number of other suggestions (mostly from googling, but a few here as well) of what to try seemed too off the mark for me to attempt them given how high-effort or even potentially damaging they sounded.

So, the problem – as I understand it from further research, anyway – is that FOBS is looking, very specifically, for a d3dx9_39 dll, which belongs to a specific version of DX9. I have DX12, but going into my SysWOW64 folder, it's apparent that my installation also came with DX9, 10, and 11. But my relevant dll there for the DX9 installation is 'D3DX9_43.dll', from some later version of DX9 than what FOBS was expecting to find. I assume that just pasting in the _39 dll I downloaded fixed FOBS's "find the expected file" problem, but that the _39 dll was somehow incompatible with my actual, more up-to-date _43 installation.

Thus, my solution: go to your SysWOW64 folder, find your particular d3dx9_## dll, place a copy of it into your FOBS game folder, and then rename that copy to the expected 'd3dx9_39.dll'.

Doing this has at least gotten me to the title screen, so it's more progress than anything else has managed to give me. Hope this helps anyone still struggling with either of those issues.

This was for FOBS, anyway – don't know if the same would work for SnY (and I think some other guy said it didn't for him, but I dunno). Best of luck to you as well.

lordlundar

Sep 30, 2017
the game is not abandoned, just being remade in better engine.
*sigh*
The tag is simply that it meets specific markers (iirc minimum 6 months of no updates with no locatable communication and not labelled as done by the creator), nothing more.

voriska13

Jan 23, 2023
Saves for "FOBS A ver1.20" and "FOBS B ver1.05" with 100% walkthrough. Enjoy!

voriska13

Jan 23, 2023
That's funny. The author in the "Gamedemo v1.14" has changed the interaction with the pseudo trader. If you just attack her, she will fly behind you and scare you, but you do not get any scene. And to anger her has become more difficult.

By the way, I still do not understand how to pass the purple monster without a face on the left side of the map. She just attacks and the game is over.

yusk0975

Jun 8, 2020
That's funny. The author in the "Gamedemo v1.14" has changed the interaction with the pseudo trader. If you just attack her, she will fly behind you and scare you, but you do not get any scene. And to anger her has become more difficult.

By the way, I still do not understand how to pass the purple monster without a face on the left side of the map. She just attacks and the game is over.
the purple monster? that's the best part, you don't pass her.
that door is made as bait, there is nothing there (i think) because she just ignores the clone, ignores the stun and the flashlight does nothing and in this game you can't jump

Reactions: bwardyunbip

Lazercat

Nov 1, 2019

You mention that if you attack her she scares you but I can't seem to get this to happen am i supposed to use the stun to 'attack' because she completely ignores it everytime.

voriska13

Jan 23, 2023
You mention that if you attack her she scares you but I can't seem to get this to happen am i supposed to use the stun to 'attack' because she completely ignores it everytime.
Yeah, she's hard to anger. And I can assume that this is not a completely cut script from the old version. There was a case where I shot her fifty times and she didn't react. After that, I ran around to other rooms, losing and restarting. After that, I went back to the trader again, attacked and she responded.

voriska13

Jan 23, 2023
the purple monster? that's the best part, you don't pass her.
that door is made as bait, there is nothing there (i think) because she just ignores the clone, ignores the stun and the flashlight does nothing and in this game you can't jump
In a very old version there was a sewer behind it, which was then moved to the right side. And in the old version, she ignored everything, too. I even wanted to hack the game to see the secrets, but I saw how much Pixel Game Maker MV cost and realized I couldn't. I couldn't find any other hacking software. So that's the only dead end to this game.

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes