Baltidouble

Apr 21, 2020
This game is abandoned? What game is the developer working on then?
Fobs is probably not ongoing since, as they said on the thread, he used fobs to practice his skills and in his free time. Now that he is getting paid for his work, he is working on "Shiro no Yakata" and "Tower of Shiranate" (he said on twitter that they are different games) and on Sucubbus Affection 2. Just days ago the developer of SA2 posted on ci-en that he expects the game to be released on 2024

Apr 19, 2022
Fobs is probably not ongoing since, as they said on the thread, he used fobs to practice his skills and in his free time. Now that he is getting paid for his work, he is working on "Shiro no Yakata" and "Tower of Shiranate" (he said on twitter that they are different games) and on Sucubbus Affection 2. Just days ago the developer of SA2 posted on ci-en that he expects the game to be released on 2024
Gotcha, I always assumed Shiro no Yakata was some type of prototype of FOBS considering the versions of it I could get my hands on. Thanks for the update friend

Apr 8, 2019
Uploading a small and probably ditched project zell23 was working on around the same time his first versions of FOBS were finished. It's a fighting game of sorts, you play it entirely with the mouse and it was built on flash when that still worked. There's not a whole lot to it, you can't even win or lose in it, but the framework that's there seems pretty great.

Not sure where else to put it since it's a very old and forgotten project, but if it's uploaded here at the very least it's preserved and available for people to easily play again. And again, bear in mind it's a flash .swf file so it won't work if you don't have flash player.

Urosan

Jun 2, 2021
So as I understand it, there's this game (no combat) which is developed just by zell23. Currently mostly just a gallery, some hints at gameplay.

There's also a game developed with Ansala, who they made Succubus Affection with, and there's ongoing posts about it here:

I've seen a few gifs on ULMF, and understand there was a demo a few (years?) back, but haven't seen much since.

Anyone seen anything more, or know how development of that game is going?

NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
So as I understand it, there's this game (no combat) which is developed just by zell23. Currently mostly just a gallery, some hints at gameplay.

There's also a game developed with Ansala, who they made Succubus Affection with, and there's ongoing posts about it here:

I've seen a few gifs on ULMF, and understand there was a demo a few (years?) back, but haven't seen much since.

90% certain that's supposed to be Succubus Affection 2, given how Ansala is talking about the game being not even 50% finished. I don't think there's a demo of it available.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

3 games right now.

First is Shiro No Yakata.
Zell got tired trying to make this game on his own and asked his programmer friend Ansala to make it.

However Ansala is another person and influenced the game to be less of what Zell originally wanted. He pushed for no other male characters, more technical combat mechanics, more humanoid enemies, and more scenarios for male assertive content (the maids that you can sexually harass.) This is the Ci-En game

Zell not liking where his game was going then decided to make ANOTHER horror game called tower of Shiratane. This is on Fantia.

Succubus Affection 2 was in development b4 Zell asked for help with Shiro No Yakata from Ansala. It's on hold right now as Shiro No Yakata is being developed.

FOBS is for sure dead imo.

Apr 8, 2019
True, FOBS is fucked now.

Absolutely malding about it because I never got to see the big boobs bat girls get their scenes redone.

Urosan

Jun 2, 2021
Thanks for breaking it down! So the demos we're getting regularly are all Tower of Shiratane (Fantia, zell23 solo).

And I'm guessing the Ci-En posts for Shiro No Yakata (zell23 + Ansala) are all just progress updates/images, with nothing playable yet?

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
FOBS is for sure dead imo.
True, FOBS is fucked now.

Absolutely malding about it because I never got to see the big boobs bat girls get their scenes redone.
I wouldn't say for sure that FOBS is dead, at least not until Zell23 says it himself. From what I know, he got burnt out from working on the remake of it and put it on the backburner, but he never said he wouldn't come back to it.
Feel free to naysay or yeasay, but I've got hope we shouldn't be saying it's doomed just yet.
Unless I'm just missing some crucial information or something.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
I think he's honestly just focusing his efforts on one thing at a time. Smarter way to go about it.

Apr 8, 2019
I think he's honestly just focusing his efforts on one thing at a time. Smarter way to go about it.
Technically he's not even doing that. He's working on two different versions of his game's concept, one of which he wants to make but is working on it completely solo, and the other he's obliged to work on since Ansala is too vanilla. That's two different casts to fit the tone of the game while completing them with his improved animation standards.

I probably said this before on here but I wouldn't mind this situation so much if it wasn't fucking Ansala Zell partnered up with... this guy finishes games at a rate of one every three years because he overcomplicates the game's mechanics with relatively not-needed features. We're likely to end up with a demo, IF we get a demo, in the middle of this year at a best case scenario then an actual release at Q3 2025.

Reactions: Ramen of Six Paths
4.40 star(s) 14 Votes