VN Ren'Py Abandoned Forever My Girl [Ch.2 v0.50] [HappyMo]

2.00 star(s) 14 Votes

AdiXv2k

Aug 9, 2018
The problem is that many thought the game would be with NTR from start to finish. I'm sorry if I didn't express myself well, but I'm also new to this field. The swinghers part will take place much later (maybe after 10 or more updates, depending on what I add to the story) and, as I said, only if you choose to see those parts, I don't like that kind of NTR either, when she cheats on you.
And I don't think that experience new things, like with a girl, is cheating.
I don't want to make you play my game but I like some appreciation because it's hard work and it takes me a lot of time to do it. Thanks
Nah, the problem is that you are trying to "sell" your game to vanilla lovers, while your main target audience is NTR lovers. Just embrace the fact that you are doing a NTR game and stop bickering with people who expected vanilla story because they don't like the game. NTR is a broad term and yes, swinging is a part of it - Netorase. (Yes, I know swinging =/= netorase, but cuckold = netorase, but it's really close ^^) People who hate NTR won't like your game no matter how much you want to sweet talk them into liking it, focus on NTR fanbase and you will see much better reactions to your game.

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
I'm sorry, but of course she will experience this even without the MC, but you will have a chance to see a few things from her perspective.
Even you will have some affairs with other characters.
Thanks for the appreciation especially since you know how hard it is to create a VN.
I’m curious as to how you think it’s not cheating if she does things without the MC? Not criticizing yet just wondering. I also appreciate what you’ve done even if NTR isn’t really my thing, got hopes for this game in the future even if for now it’s not my cup of tea(Or given the special hot cocoa lol )
Nah, the problem is that you are trying to "sell" your game to vanilla lovers, while your main target audience is NTR lovers. Just embrace the fact that you are doing a NTR game and stop bickering with people who expected vanilla story because they don't like the game. NTR is a broad term and yes, swinging is a part of it - Netorase. (Yes, I know swinging =/= netorase, but cuckold = netorase, but it's really close ^^) People who hate NTR won't like your game no matter how much you want to sweet talk them into liking it, focus on NTR fanbase and you will see much better reactions to your game.
Don’t listen to this guy, Happy. Doing both is tricky but plenty of devs make it work and having both can make the other side more willing/interested in playing if done right. The NTR people get the joy of taking something from the MC and the “vanilla” people get the joy of fighting for and keeping it.
Lean into both, I’d just say make sure each is optional-which is a good policy for almost any VN-and include clear signs of which is which decision-wise. As long as you’re upfront about it I’ve found you’ll have success. And always listen to helpful/non-malicious advice when possible.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

Reactions: riexor

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Patreon doesn't care what's in the game, just what I post on their page, it's forbidden from my part to write that the game is incest
You may get a rude awakening one day. I've even seen devs complain that patreon trolled their Discords looking for evidence. This is why Lewdpatcher exists. It's a legal "cut-out" to remain compliant with Patreon's ToS (Terms of Service). If they catch the Dev themselves saying the game is incest, that's all they need.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
People who are into NTR are very vocal but a massive minority. This game will have a much smaller audience if it is NTR heavy than if it were to strike a balance by having two clear paths, one avoided NTR and one with NTR that are equal in length or were avoidance is the bigger content block. It's simple marketing. It's like people who are into scat, rape, and bestiality; there aren't many of them, but boy are they vocal about how great those things are. And man do they just hate people who hate what they like, calling them children who are two invested in their games. And yes, I've seen it goes both ways where anti-NTR people accuse NTR fans of being cucks in real life, it's childish from both sides often.

But here's my two cents: Imagine that you see a new game on here and you check the tags, and you like what you see and so you download the game. About halfway into the game your favorite love interest just takes a massive dump on the MC's chest out of nowhere. Would you find that sexually appealing? Would you still be interested in that LI, especially if it made it suddenly clear that this would be happening more? That's what it's like to get surprise, unavoidable, NTR in a game.

Now this game has the NTR tag at least so I'll shift the analogy a bit. Imagine you find a game that has the Scat tag and so you, not enjoying scat, ask the dev, "hey is it avoidable or at least can you give me a heads up about much of it is in the game?" I think there's nothing wrong with asking those questions. It's worthwhile to say, "It's just one scene," or "It's a big and important part of the game," or even, "I haven't really decided yet, but there will likely be more so maybe you should wait and check this game out later when it's done if you don't want to have to worry." But the answers I've seen here make it clear that the Dev has a plan about it and is just being a little unclear in his or her answers, though perhaps not on purpose. Though one answer seems to indicate that this will be a game with a light NTR focus, but this may be some people confusing sharing with NTR?

This isn't a novel, it's a game. Games need to be a bit more upfront about content than just a book would be. I'm certainly not asking for an outline of the plot or how it will end. Asking about NTR is like asking about Alien sex in a Sci-fi game. If I'm playing a Sci-fi game, I'd like to know if it's going to have alien sex options. You don't have to tell me how to get it, and I may even miss it or skip it, but let me know if it's possible.

Being honest and saying, "NTR exists as a consequence of actions and as such can be avoided without lessening your experience if you don't like it," or "NTR is an important part of the game and getting the best outcome," is not going to spoil anything... especially since many people like to play with walkthroughs anyway to get their desired outcomes.

Full discloser, I don't hate NTR, it actually makes sense in some games and stories. Rarely does it work though. It is rarely realistic. Why would a girl the MC's been seducing for days or weeks in game and has been so careful not to have sex too soon with the MC, making him do all these tasks to prove his love, suddenly have sex with someone else (often a random stranger) just because he didn't buy her the right color flowers, or he said the wrong thing one day, or something like that? NTR is often forced and poorly done. I don't enjoy it, just like I don't enjoy games with heavy rape and sexual assault (which many corruption games thrive on). I also know the difference between sharing (swinging) and NTR. In fact, I enjoy some games with swinging if it's with a cool well-developed character who is friends with the MC. One of my favorite VNs has a lot of sharing content. What I really hate is people who aren't upfront about what kind of content is in their game.

TL/DR: Being surprised by unavoidable NTR or sharing is for many people like being surprised by scat, rape, or bestiality. Not a good experience, an instant turnoff, and can ruin a love interest. Be upfront, honest, and clear about your content and preferred audience.

PS. I've seen some posts with the Dev trying to clear up any misunderstandings and provide clarity, this is appreciated, but I still have some confusion. It seems that there may be a point where the LI has sex with someone else without the MC being there and even without player or MC approval, without him being aware it happens, and it is unavoidable. Is that the case, or will the MC player always have the chance to be there when she has sex with others if we want, but if we don't choose to be there it still happens?

Last edited:

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
Keep getting a traceback error "Couldn't find file 'map/icon.ellise2.png" every time I open a saved game.
Have you tried to start a new game? There is not really much content to miss anything. 1 minute and you skipping throught the whole game.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Swinging is not NTR based on the site tags. Most of us rely on the site tags to determine if a game hooks our initial interest or if we should pass/come back later and see. Many people who hate NTR enjoy games with optional NTR paths that are easy to avoid as long as the non-NTR path has plenty of content as well.

Anthony222

Jan 18, 2020
Are some choices supposed to be greyed out, there are two at the start where you have a choice to touch her ass and then asking her what happened with the bf

AdiXv2k

Aug 9, 2018
Don’t listen to this guy, Happy. Doing both is tricky but plenty of devs make it work and having both can make the other side more willing/interested in playing if done right. The NTR people get the joy of taking something from the MC and the “vanilla” people get the joy of fighting for and keeping it.
Lean into both, I’d just say make sure each is optional-which is a good policy for almost any VN-and include clear signs of which is which decision-wise. As long as you’re upfront about it I’ve found you’ll have success. And always listen to helpful/non-malicious advice when possible.
That's the first time I see someone saying that vanilla lovers get the joy of fighting and keeping LIs, maybe the ones that like to play minesweeper, most of them just play with walkthrough so they won't step on a mine :D

As of now the game has unavoidable sharing scenes that vanilla players definitely won't like (yes, I know it's "special" not the main story but right now it's a big chunk of that game) and the dev seems to don't know why players are reacting like that, so I told him why. He seems to be pushing the swinging part in the game really hard so maybe it would be better for him to go for NTR fanbase right now and maybe do vanilla route later when the game will have a decent amount of content.

Good advice, you definitely have much more faith in devs than I do ^^.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Weird choice to make a christmas special already for a game so short, but if the special is any indication of where the story is going this is gonna be good.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
I'm confuse why you choose to remove incest patch? I thought the whole point of that was to evade patreon rules of no incest?

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
good update, but a couple of things I think you should rework on:

-Grammar and sentence structure. Too many errors can really hinder the experience of the game.
-Clothes changing scene. FMC facial expression looks really off. I suggest double checking facial feature on your next updates.
-Renders. Some looks grainy and others look clear. I would suggest double checking renders to make sure it is consistent with others.
-Point system. I like having it there to help players maximize points but maybe make it a bit clearer. Like adding a heart next to it and unhappy face next to negative points. Also have it as a collapsible option in case some players don't want it there.

Good things:
-Pacing. Feels natural.
-Dialogue. Good but needs cleaning up.

2.00 star(s) 14 Votes