eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I'll never understand devs who create games with optional content, when they plan to make said content their main focus. Just develop the game you wanted from the start and call it what it is. If you're honest about it, those who like it will give it a try and the rest will move on with barely any complaints (no matter what you do, you'll always get at least a few of those). Trying to please everyone (almost) never ends well, because most of the times there's at least one path that feels half-assed or just neglected... Take this game as an example. There are a shitload more optional "adult" scenes (some can still be viewed even if it's turned off) than anything involving the MC.

Anyway, rant over... This game is clearly not for me and the focus is definitely not in the relationship I thought when I read the overview, but like I said you can't please everyone, so I'll still wish the dev good luck.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Anyone else has this error? I named the MC, but I get this funny "name" for him.

PS: I just realised that "name" is standing for "father" or "brother" depending what you chose for relationship.
May I suggest to modify the script a little like this: You are Emma's ................; Emma is your ..................; I think the weird sign is for this.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's a problem with the variables in ch00 script. Now... I know next to nothing about Ren'Py, but just looking at the code, it seems the choice you make for relationship with Emma, then defines 5 or 6 other variables, like "DAD, Dad, dad", etc. The script then calls them in various dialogues. However, Daughter (DAD, Dad, dad) and Niece (UNCLE, Uncle, uncle) are clearly defined, while for everything else, it gets defaulted to the MC's chosen name (the [P] variable).

My theory - again, just guessing - but I've seen this in other languages - is that the Dev is trying to define one variable with another variable, which might not be possible.

I tested this by choosing "daughter" for Emma and that screen you posted worked fine. But if I chose "sister" then I got the [P]

Curious to see if I am right in this ....

enel777

May 14, 2020
I'll never understand devs who create games with optional content, when they plan to make said content their main focus. Just develop the game you wanted from the start and call it what it is. If you're honest about it, those who like it will give it a try and the rest will move on with barely any complaints (no matter what you do, you'll always get at least a few of those). Trying to please everyone (almost) never ends well, because most of the times there's at least one path that feels half-assed or just neglected... Take this game as an example. There are a shitload more optional "adult" scenes (some can still be viewed even if it's turned off) than anything involving the MC.

Anyway, rant over... This game is clearly not for me and the focus is definitely not in the relationship I thought when I read the overview, but like I said you can't please everyone, so I'll still wish the dev good luck.
So an ntr game, thanks for your input. Gonna stay away from this game. Goodluck to the developer characters look great.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
The incorrect pronouns in the summary led me to believe that the basic setup was way more interesting than it actually seems to be. I had assumed that the father F and daughter D1 had a sexual relationship in the past, leading to them having a daughter D2 together. Then F and D1 had a fallout, and now D2 has some significant decision to make. Unfortunately, no such thing.
I think that the second daughter (D2) has been removed from this remastered version. I just searched through the whole script and there's not a single mention of Sara. According to the Dev's changelog, Sara was introduced in version v0.02 of the old game. Maybe she'll come back? Dunno.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
Welll damn there goes another game down the rabbit hole. I liked the first version but wit the addition of the 3 letter word I am going to wait before playing this new one. Its getting hard and harder to trust devs and well enough said.
really what are those three letters

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
So an ntr game, thanks for your input. Gonna stay away from this game. Goodluck to the developer characters look great.
I wouldn't really call it NTR at this stage, but let's just say that you can remove the MC and it would be like playing any of those female MC games where she'll bang anything with a pulse without a second thought, with the usual BBC, old fart etc. tropes. And to be honest even if you turn it off, Emma (the daughter) just leaves (with a very eager cab driver) at some point, to go meet her "boyfriend" who wants her to do him a favour and when she returns really late at night, she is horny as fuck and you have no clue what happened... So I guess it feels more like skipping certain scenes than turning them off.

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's a problem with the variables in ch00 script. Now... I know next to nothing about Ren'Py, but just looking at the code, it seems the choice you make for relationship with Emma, then defines 5 or 6 other variables, like "DAD, Dad, dad", etc. The script then calls them in various dialogues. However, Daughter (DAD, Dad, dad) and Niece (UNCLE, Uncle, uncle) are clearly defined, while for everything else, it gets defaulted to the MC's chosen name (the [P] variable).

My theory - again, just guessing - but I've seen this in other languages - is that the Dev is trying to define one variable with another variable, which might not be possible.

I tested this by choosing "daughter" for Emma and that screen you posted worked fine. But if I chose "sister" then I got the [P]

Curious to see if I am right in this ....
Yeah, that was my guess also, I just couldn't explain it so detailed. I have even less knowlege of RenPy (absolute ZERO) but the programming logic is the same for different languages so it seems legit.

enel777

May 14, 2020
I wouldn't really call it NTR at this stage, but let's just say that you can remove the MC and it would be like playing any of those female MC games where she'll bang anything with a pulse without a second thought, with the usual BBC, old fart etc. tropes. And to be honest even if you turn it off, Emma (the daughter) just leaves (with a very eager cab driver) at some point, to go meet her "boyfriend" who wants her to do him a favour and when she returns really late at night, she is horny as fuck and you have no clue what happened... So I guess it feels more like skipping certain scenes than turning them off.
The game is not my cup of tea. Hope that the developer his next game will be for team no ntr

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
Welll damn there goes another game down the rabbit hole. I liked the first version but wit the addition of the 3 letter word I am going to wait before playing this new one. Its getting hard and harder to trust devs and well enough said.
a dev who includes incest should not be fetish bashing another dev over his/her vision,imagine if a dev who does not like incest bashed severed realms,calling him untrustworthy be careful what you sow dev.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I assume she saw his indiscretion with her friend as cheating on her? 12 years seems extreme. But other than that, I liked this.

juliusnestor

Sep 9, 2020
very good games, very good work between the old version and the one if, too bad MC has hardly anything left to say, must say that I am a little lost between Male protagonist and Emma the bitch, but we hope that the next version will be a can be clearer.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
NTR isn’t bad when done right. Like did the MC mess up or MC is too much of a push over and female lead cheat?
As far as I can tell, the Dev defines her having sex with her boyfriend during a flashback as NTR. And it seems to be optional if you want to see it.

4.10 star(s) 21 Votes