May 27, 2017
Incest and NTR are like oil and water, they never mix well.

Incest fetish is all about boning your family members, NTR is having other people bone your partners. When both of these fetishes mix, you have other people boning your family members, which directly goes against the Incest fetish.

Whenever both these tags are present, really only 1 route is being focused on, and only one crowd is truly happy. So when devs mix both these fetishes, they're only dressing the game up as something it's not meant to be, so as to appeal to the largest possible crowd. You can tell if a dev is a genuine fan of Incest or not, just based on the presence of the infamous three letter tag.

I wish devs would stop doing this, just make the game you want, tell the story you want to tell, and if your game is truly good, it will garner support and a following. NTR fanbase is smaller compared to Harem/Incest, but they put their money where their mouth is, they're vocal and they always support NTR games. Look at Power Vacuum, one of the most popular games on this site which also happens to have Incest and NTR, but the NTR is not a route, it's more of a bad ending to motivate players to pick the right choices. The NTR content is way lesser compared to the Vanilla Incest content, but NTR fans loved it so much they started supporting the dev and being vocal about it, so the dev added non-canon side stories focused just on the NTR, because he couldn't say no to that much money.

Fra_Seorn, make the game you want, but don't try to please everyone, you'll only disappoint everyone by not meeting expectations. Stick to one theme, if you want to add NTR, just focus on that, remove the Incest part; and if you want to make an Incest VN, remove all traces of NTR, that's the only way everyone will be happy. Otherwise you'll only sow more discourse and dissent, which will only drive people away. Best of luck to you. (y)

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Incest and NTR are like oil and water, they never mix well.

Incest fetish is all about boning your family members, NTR is having other people bone your partners. When both of these fetishes mix, you have other people boning your family members, which directly goes against the Incest fetish.

Whenever both these tags are present, really only 1 route is being focused on, and only one crowd is truly happy. So when devs mix both these fetishes, they're only dressing the game up as something it's not meant to be, so as to appeal to the largest possible crowd. You can tell if a dev is a genuine fan of Incest or not, just based on the presence of the infamous three letter tag.

I wish devs would stop doing this, just make the game you want, tell the story you want to tell, and if your game is truly good, it will garner support and a following. NTR fanbase is smaller compared to Harem/Incest, but they put their money where their mouth is, they're vocal and they always support NTR games. Look at Power Vacuum, one of the most popular games on this site which also happens to have Incest and NTR, but the NTR is not a route, it's more of a bad ending to motivate players to pick the right choices. The NTR content is way lesser compared to the Vanilla Incest content, but NTR fans loved it so much they started supporting the dev and being vocal about it, so the dev added non-canon side stories focused just on the NTR, because he couldn't say no to that much money.

Fra_Seorn, make the game you want, but don't try to please everyone, you'll only disappoint everyone by not meeting expectations. Stick to one theme, if you want to add NTR, just focus on that, remove the Incest part; and if you want to make an Incest VN, remove all traces of NTR, that's the only way everyone will be happy. Otherwise you'll only sow more discourse and dissent, which will only drive people away. Best of luck to you. (y)
The Dev does a good job of explaining what he considers NTR - which most people who like NTR or simply don't care would not see it as such. If you define NTR as any sex in game that does not involve the MC then I assume you would agree with his definition. BTW, he made that optional up front.

May 27, 2017
The Dev does a good job of explaining what he considers NTR - which most people who like NTR or simply don't care would not see it as such. If you define NTR as any sex in game that does not involve the MC then I assume you would agree with his definition. BTW, he made that optional up front.
That's beside the point I'm trying to make, seems like you didn't really comprehend my comment. When Incest fans see the NTR tag, many won't even give it a chance, they'll just ignore and move on; why would someone knowingly get into something they don't like, which directly goes against their fetish. Most of the time, the "optional" NTR routes in these games gets more love and content than the Incest route, I've seen enough examples to not waste my time anymore. Besides, the comments on this thread tell a different story to yours.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
That's beside the point I'm trying to make, seems like you didn't really comprehend my comment. When Incest fans see the NTR tag, many won't even give it a chance, they'll just ignore and move on; why would someone knowingly get into something they don't like, which directly goes against their fetish. Most of the time, the "optional" NTR routes in these games gets more love and content than the Incest route, I've seen enough examples to not waste my time anymore. Besides, the comments on this thread tell a different story to yours.
There are games out there that have both NTR and incest that are doing just fine.
I do agree that trying to appease anti-NTR people is a mistake. The Devs should just make the game they want to make and an audience will find it.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
There are games out there that have both NTR and incest that are doing just fine.
I do agree that trying to appease anti-NTR people is a mistake. The Devs should just make the game they want to make and an audience will find it.
He just gave the example of how power vaccum added some non canon ntr "afterwards" and not when the game is still in early stage.
Name some successful ntr games which had ntr from word get go.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
What kinda clownery is that :WaitWhat:
How do you define success? 100 subscribers? 1000?
Some of those recent updates have a decent following on patreon and subscribestar. They seem to be on par with the others that aren't NTR and incest. Plus, there are a lot of other factors that go into that equation than just those two tags.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
How do you define success? 100 subscribers? 1000?
Some of those recent updates have a decent following on patreon and subscribestar. They seem to be on par with the others that aren't NTR and incest. Plus, there are a lot of other factors that go into that equation than just those two tags.
You tell me which are they like you claimed. At least those with minimum 200 patrons! I mean what's the end goal here.
And vanilla content isn't niche but ntr is.

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
A shame, another dev looking to attract people with "optional content" rather than a good story or wit.

Although also being fair the story was almost a fact that it would have ntr, that is, you "daughter" wants to be a model and acts like a whore ... it was only a matter of time, although with a little ingenuity you could use the same idea without ntr and of more original way but well, that's how the dev wanted it.

And for those who criticize for the rejection of this "optional content" I comment that each ntr scene that is placed is lost content that not everyone will be able to enjoy and it is a change in the story that was not necessary.

So I agree with the majority if this is going to be better to focus all the content on it and if not better to remove it (this is only a recommendation and depends 100% on the dev).

In the end what the dev decides and I respect him, good luck but for now I'm out.

Reactions: cib64 and bruce555

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
He just gave the example of how power vaccum added some non canon ntr "afterwards" and not when the game is still in early stage.
Name some successful ntr games which had ntr from word get go.
And nobody liked the "ntr no canon" because for each scene it is a waste of time and content that will not be able to be enjoyed by everyone, without mentioning that in the last updates they were unhappy that it is given more and more priority. to the ntr that to the normal content or the story is modified to favor that "non-canon content".

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
And nobody liked the "ntr no canon" because for each scene it is a waste of time and content that will not be able to be enjoyed by everyone, without mentioning that in the last updates they were unhappy that it is given more and more priority. to the ntr that to the normal content or the story is modified to favor that "non-canon content".
Agree. And that's all together another affair of how unethical that is!

TeamEquipe

Mar 3, 2020
what a good game, i liked it a lot, it improved a lot from the previous version....

Me too.
Only just found this game today so didn't know about the previous version.
But I thought it was excellent, in a totally slutty, no holds barred, free for all of rampant debauchery!

EnTeeArrr

Apr 5, 2017
So is there a full NTR route? Or is it just a limp ass flashback or something, surely the sensitive NTR haters wouldn't be freaking out in this thread over a flashback you can choose not to see if I read correctly.

• Angry
Reactions: Joeburqa

Minavi

Aug 13, 2016
My favorite part of Power Vacuum are the NTR scenes actually, always looking forward to them. Never say "nobody", because there is always one sick individual into whatever it is 'nobody' likes.

EDIT: You replied to a Power Vacuum post, but not sure if you were talking about that game or this one. My apologies.

• Haha
Reactions: enel777

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
You tell me which are they like you claimed. At least those with minimum 200 patrons! I mean what's the end goal here.
And vanilla content isn't niche but ntr is.
Filtering NTR and Incest on the first page (30 total) of 'latest updates and games', at least 10 games have incest and NTR tags and over 200 patreon subscribers (which doesn't include support via other sources such as subscribestar).

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes