RPGM Abandoned Forgotten Royals of Astella [v1.0] [Ultimate Corruption]

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

Atarian

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
Nice after what 8+ months we have an unplayable update. Can't even get past the beginning because of constant image errors. Sorry to say but this dev has had going on 3 years now with this game and still having bugs like this. Also why i hate rpgm it has so many issues.
The game engine is not at fault.

cgasper

Sep 2, 2017
question, does every version have an emperor version with an extra scene? and if so, what are the scenes?
Just a few extra images that are non-canon and if I recall involving actual sex.
Unless that's the king of kinds edition I don't even know the tier system is a bit of a mess in my opinion.

The game engine is not at fault.
I don't really know what is up with people constantly blaming the engine it's just a tool. The same thing happened when Unity became more accessible or probably also Unreal Engine and flooded the market with shitty games and a lot of people automatically associated the engine with the blame.

Nice after what 8+ months we have an unplayable update. Can't even get past the beginning because of constant image errors. Sorry to say but this dev has had going on 3 years now with this game and still having bugs like this. Also why i hate rpgm it has so many issues.
RPG Maker is not at fault here it's just a tool for the developers to use. Sure it might have some issues at times just like every engine has however in this case it's not the fault of the engine.
In the case of the latest issue reports it's 100% the fault of the person that's doing the RPG Maker MV side of development since they're the ones that either wrote the wrong file names, forgot to include them or whatever happened.
Can't really blame a tool for the mistakes of its users.

Atarian

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
None of the files in the pictures folder are .png. They are .rpgmvp
They are still png files, just in packages. Which are quite easy to decrypt.
The engine will recognize the packages and load the png files as normal, altho I do believe that they will run an extra instance of memory. Much like running the archive from a RGSS file. I'm running ACE myself so I haven't had a look at all the workings in MV/MZ.

Atarian

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
I don't really know what is up with people constantly blaming the engine it's just a tool. The same thing happened when Unity became more accessible or probably also Unreal Engine and flooded the market with shitty games and a lot of people automatically associated the engine with the blame.
Correct! If the engine is accessable to common folk that want to try making their own games regardless if they are considered good or not is a good thing.

chaosjr7

Mar 22, 2018
write all claims in the channel in Discord
Okay, but which discord channel, this game doesn't seem to have one, at least the game page doesn't speak of one, or do you mean the Discord Channel for F95Zone.to? (edit) Nevermind, Discord is for patron only I guess, at least it is for this game.

genericplant

Apr 20, 2022
Okay, but which discord channel, this game doesn't seem to have one, at least the game page doesn't speak of one, or do you mean the Discord Channel for F95Zone.to? (edit) Nevermind, Discord is for patron only I guess, at least it is for this game.

He means this one I assume:

I don't know how much the devs had to drink, but this update is so flawed that you are not able to play it. Even a dozen or so images are missing.

and have no one gotten past this point of the game and can tell me what to do?

I seem to have gotten myself properly stuck.. I'm at the second camp, running around the abandoned town looking for supplies. I got to the part after one of the girls take a bath with one of the goblins but now there's not a single house left that I can enter that progresses the quest. One of the gates tells me that there must be a key somewhere close but I think I've been pressing enter on 90% of all the stuff in this damned town.
There's also one building which tells me that I should explore the area more before I enter. I don't know if something is bugged again or what

View attachment 2263810

Atarian

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
and have no one gotten past this point of the game and can tell me what to do?
I have but I edited out missing files from the game. Alternative is to replace missing files with renamed files(which would be the wrong files). As when the screen is black bug is due to a fadeout between maps and next map event is not triggered because last page conditions are met(If I remember correctly), virtually skipping an event page. As for the time the player is missing graphics I believe that was just that or if the player actor was set transparent on. Don't remember exacly, that problem has been with the game for a long time and I edited myway past that a long time ago.

Det är inte nämnvärt mycket nytt i senaste uppdateringen. Jag har skickat PM till utvecklaren med erbjudande att lära honom fundamentala delar av motorn. Det är uppenbart att han inte lärt sig MV och det vore synd om han hålls tillbaka av de. Buggarna som är i spelet är enkla att åtgärda även om det är en röra med många dubbletter av många kartor.

genericplant

Apr 20, 2022
I have but I edited out missing files from the game. Alternative is to replace missing files with renamed files(which would be the wrong files). As when the screen is black bug is due to a fadeout between maps and next map event is not triggered because last page conditions are met(If I remember correctly), virtually skipping an event page. As for the time the player is missing graphics I believe that was just that or if the player actor was set transparent on. Don't remember exacly, that problem has been with the game for a long time and I edited myway past that a long time ago.

Det är inte nämnvärt mycket nytt i senaste uppdateringen. Jag har skickat PM till utvecklaren med erbjudande att lära honom fundamentala delar av motorn. Det är uppenbart att han inte lärt sig MV och det vore synd om han hålls tillbaka av de. Buggarna som är i spelet är enkla att åtgärda även om det är en röra med många dubbletter av många kartor.
Tack for the answer but I think you missunderstood my post (I formated my comment badly), I replied to that comment with the missing images to give the discord link to the guy that wondered about it. My problem had to do with not knowing how to progress a quest, although I suspect that's due to a bug as well.

But yeah the game is quite broken, I had the problem with the missing images early on as well and copied excisting images changing their names to the missing files which works.

Its nice of you to reach out to the dev to give him some pointers!

Reactions: Atarian

genericplant

Apr 20, 2022
I seem to have gotten myself properly stuck.. I'm at the second camp, running around the abandoned town looking for supplies. I got to the part after one of the girls take a bath with one of the goblins but now there's not a single house left that I can enter that progresses the quest. One of the gates tells me that there must be a key somewhere close but I think I've been pressing enter on 90% of all the stuff in this damned town.
There's also one building which tells me that I should explore the area more before I enter. I don't know if something is bugged again or what

View attachment 2263810
I reload from an earlier save a bunch of times, at one point I guess I was "lucky" and went to the first houses in a specific order that caused the game not to bug out so now I can actually progress. nice

Raiden-K

Apr 5, 2020
I have a problem.
after the sex scene between lily and lokal and i have to go back to the abandoned mansion it gives me black screen.
how can i solve?

Could someone maybe share a save for the latest update? I have nothing in save 27

BlackClaws

Aug 29, 2017
Had this with one of the earlier scenes, was able to fix it by downloading 0.8 and importing the files to 0.9...Anyone got 0.7?
1672088084462.png

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
I have a problem.
after the sex scene between lily and lokal and i have to go back to the abandoned mansion it gives me black screen.
how can i solve?

Could someone maybe share a save for the latest update? I have nothing in save 27
I have same issue. Don't know how to fix it.(

Reactions: Raiden-K
3.50 star(s) 23 Votes