Aug 31, 2018
FoC v1.3 is here! Gentle reminder that the game is open source and always open for contributions, be it writing, code, art, or bug reports.

FoC v1.3 came in three weeks after FoC v1.2, and is easily the largest update this game has ever received so far. Compared to v1.2, FoC v1.3 version adds a lot of content, new features, UI rewrites, image works, rebalancing, and iconworks. A summary (but still very long) changelog is at the end, but the biggest changes in v1.3 are:
  • Content: 18 new quests, 8 new opportunity, 45 new events, 1 new interaction, 1 new unit action (special thanks to Alberich, acciabread, Zerutti)
  • UI rework: Almost all menu had its UI reworked, especially the quest menu where most of players time is spent on
  • New features: Favor, ire, lore, and more
  • Content creator UI work: Built-in code editor with toolbar, syntax highlighting, result preview. Guide is also in-game now
  • Imagework: Icons have been entirely replaced with SVGs, and many are redone. They also uses the new, non-intrusive tooltips
Many thanks to the contributors to this project, and especially to Naraden, acciabread, and Alberich.

FoC is always looking for contributors, be it writers, programmers, artists, or even moderation help! Unlike most other games, to add content into the game, you do not have to write code at all. This is since the game came shipped with an in-game GUI tool for adding content. More details . As of v1.3, there have been over twelve people who have contributed content into the game, while much more have helped playtesting, giving feedbacks, and reporting bugs.

Changelog:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is there a save editor for modifying player in game? or is my only option modifying the text save file directly?

Reactions: Ara Ara Ara

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
Is there a save editor for modifying player in game? or is my only option modifying the text save file directly?
you can activate debug mode to edit the units(settings - debug mode), too bad you cant mass edit units. i can upload my cheats if you wanted.
edit save files is tiering and too risky, i did not recommended that. especially if the size is too big, the website will be unstable.

Aug 31, 2018
you can activate debug mode to edit the units(settings - debug mode), too bad you cant mass edit units. i can upload my cheats if you wanted.
edit save files is tiering and too risky, i did not recommended that. especially if the size is too big, the website will be unstable.
Would you mind uploading debug cheats please? im mostly interesting in modifying my player character, modifying attributes and adding traits. Much appreciated.

You are so right about editing save file directly; a darn headache at times and tedious. Really gotta appreciate developers and programmers here and anyone who codes.

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
FOC Cheat, this is an update from previous script cheat. useless cheat removed and couple cheat is merged. it's save to use this but still, save is recommended.
Cheat feature :
1 add/remove equipment
2 items 99
3 Friendship manager
4 Relationship to all race changer
5 slaver stats modifier
6 quest expired time +99
7 Traits manager (all/target/single)
8 create clone

here Archa Lucifer Morningstar

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
Is there a specific event you have to crit-fail? Or does it have a chance to happen when you fail any quest the PC is on?
There's a quest that can make slaver include PC gone for ever until you did the rescue quest. well you dont need to fail, i never met any quest that needed you to fail and this quest is will make your slaver gone no matter no what or more like going insane and get diched by others. i think the quest is related to a legendary weapon Excalibur.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698
Aug 31, 2018
FOC Cheat, this is an update from previous script cheat. useless cheat removed and couple cheat is merged. it's save to use this but still, save is recommended.
Cheat feature :
1 add/remove equipment
2 items 99
3 Friendship manager
4 Relationship to all race changer
5 slaver stats modifier
6 quest expired time +99
7 Traits manager (all/target/single)
8 create clone

here Archa Lucifer Morningstar
Thanks. Very much appreciated. SO far what I have done is use debug and mess a bit with directly modifying save files... can be a tricky pain lol. I think with this will make it much easier. Thanks again.

Sep 20, 2019
There's a quest that can make slaver include PC gone for ever until you did the rescue quest. well you dont need to fail, i never met any quest that needed you to fail and this quest is will make your slaver gone no matter no what or more like going insane and get diched by others. i think the quest is related to a legendary weapon Excalibur.
You can use the game's Debug Mode in the setting by clicking the grey box for it to have a green tick/checkmark, then you can use the debug commands and look in one of the quests choices to find what it is called, and i think the Lustful, Sex Addict, and Slutty traits are going to be gone forever eventually from the traits list unless one of the backgrounds have them all in it?

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
Thanks. Very much appreciated. SO far what I have done is use debug and mess a bit with directly modifying save files... can be a tricky pain lol. I think with this will make it much easier. Thanks again.
yep, it is. I only once use debug mode. I hope you know how to use the console cheat script. if you have further question just ask.
You can use the game's Debug Mode in the setting by clicking the grey box for it to have a green tick/checkmark, then you can use the debug commands and look in one of the quests choices to find what it is called, and i think the Lustful, Sex Addict, and Slutty traits are going to be gone forever eventually from the traits list unless one of the backgrounds have them all in it?
I already know how to use debug, but i dont know if debug mode can see the quest. thats good to know. the quest is " Lv. 61 harder: The Sword of Legends" well it's just the beginning, the next part is depends on your choice, it could be harder or easier.

I dont know if bg can define someone who like sex that much and i think it's good now the way it is and actually it's only 2 lv of lust, 1st is lustful 2nd is sex addict in this game now. i dont know why you think lust personality will be ghone.

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
Are there plans for an alchemy lab and alchemist duty to take the monotony/grind out of getting potions? As it is they are scattered all over the areas, and randomly show AND then you have to succeed the mission to get goodies, all for a potion that you may only need/want once or twice. Please consider giving a way to streamline this process. Like once you've "discovered' a potion in "the wild" you have the option to go to the alchemy lab and generate a mission that can make more of that potion directly. Even if it takes a while to brew it up, even if it's expensive to make.

No potion I've seen in game has been so mindblowingly awesome that it needs to be so difficult to make.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Are there plans for an alchemy lab and alchemist duty to take the monotony/grind out of getting potions? As it is they are scattered all over the areas, and randomly show AND then you have to succeed the mission to get goodies, all for a potion that you may only need/want once or twice. Please consider giving a way to streamline this process. Like once you've "discovered' a potion in "the wild" you have the option to go to the alchemy lab and generate a mission that can make more of that potion directly. Even if it takes a while to brew it up, even if it's expensive to make.

No potion I've seen in game has been so mindblowingly awesome that it needs to be so difficult to make.
Good idea. I put a proposal on it in the todolist.

Reactions: Someguy01

alexbrigade

Mar 18, 2018
Hey, minor request, is it possible to easily put a comma in the gold value? I feel like most Sugarcube games don't have one.

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
Only an unrelated note: The Rear Deal quest needs to be reevaluated. It's currently WAY too difficult for what it is. Why is it difficult? The trainings that the slave CAN'T have. Unless you get exceedingly lucky 'pre-training' (EXCEEDINGLY!) you are going to have to start with a 'fresh' slave, meaning pretty much the only thing they can have trained is Obedience 2. And must build the slave 'from scratch' in 17 weeks (I'm fairly certain it started at 17 weeks, but it could have been 18). Here's my latest example trying to complete the quest.

Domestic 3 (4 weeks)
*Anal 2 (2 weeks)
*Pony 2, which also needs Endurance 2, btw. (4 weeks total)
*Oral 2 (2 weeks)
*Obedient 2 (2 weeks)
*Masochist 2 (2 weeks)
*Toilet 2 (2 weeks)
***NO Edging (so hope you didn't train that)
***NO Pet (so hope you didn't train that)
***NO Dominance (so hope you didn't train that)
***NO Horny (so hope you didn't train that)
Total Training Time: 18 weeks if you start from untrained, 16 weeks if you have Obedience already trained.
So you get 1 week leeway if you happen to fail one of the trainings AND you started with some training already done.
You literally can't complete it if you start with a completely fresh slave that needs Obedience trained too.

All that just to tighten a hole or two. The effort needed vs payout is disproportional.

How to make it easier? There's a number of ways to possibly address it.
  • Drop the NO trainings entirely, it's not like the training makes the slave LESS useful/valuable in most instance.
  • Make the slave requirements the same every time, so if you miss the mark the 1st time around, by the time the quest rolls around again, the slave should be plenty ready. The Rear Deal owner likes what he likes.
  • Make only 1 or 2 "must have" skills and the rest just increase the gold payout to encourage folks to train up a good slave, after all, it's encountered early in game the extra money should be incentive enough before you're raking in tens of thousands a week.

Any of those would work fine, unless the entire goal is to make hole tightening something you won't be able to reliably do till level 40+, because those level 20-ish slavers ARE going to fail some trainings. Just to tighten a hole shouldn't need a "perfect passthru" to be able to complete, imo.

Sure, you could 'save scum'/rollback till you get perfect trainings, or for that matter, till you get lucky and the target slave skills are compatible with something you already have partially trained up, but is that behavior you really want to encourage/reward?

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
The Rear Deal quest
the same thing goes to Training as a Service quest, if the request is domestic, you unable to reach domestic master due the deadline. also, the rear deal quest is to get an "important and crucial technology" so it cant be that easy. Have you ever do King of dragon quest? they're much more harder than the rear deal quest, you must create a slave that worth 30k/40k i dont really remember and the point is only to get an "important and crucial technology" so, deal with it.

the rear deal quest can be generated again if you fail until you get the tech, so you dont have to worry you'll lose the quest, but i think i understand the problem. the problem is just the requirement training of the slave, you cant prepare for it. if you do, you can end up with *No training bullshit. I think the only way to make it easier is to remove the *No training or the order is didn't change so we can prepare in the next encounter.

also yeah, an order with master training as a requirement is equally to quest lv40+ so, you need to train the slaver first to make it more easier.

JK3

Jun 19, 2017
This games ok
It reminds me a lot of No Haven but not in RAGS, which is a god send
Feels like its got a lot of the same issues as No Haven too
You got all these NPCs and they don't really do anything outside of missions
You got all these slaves and they don't really do anything outside of missions
All interactions are fluff
Is there any reason to be friendly with anything?
I've got these popularity stats with areas/races, does that actually do anything, and why bother when I seemingly can't lower them past 0?
Why make teams to send on missions ever, when the auto fill will get you the best possible results
One difference from No Haven is that all missions need 3 Slavers.
If this was No Haven and teams was a thing (dunno if it is, haven't played it in years) I'd set some teams to special scout parties, to always send them looking for more missions. But in No Haven those missions were 1 Slaver size

Anyway, minimum rant, I look forward to seeing this be better than No Haven, also fuck " The Rear Deal"

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
Is there any reason to be friendly with anything?
To get boon. but if you're not friendly you can get trauma i guess. so, make sure you maintain PC friendship. to get the benefit is sent the unit with high relationship on quest and there's a chance to get boon when the quest done.
I've got these popularity stats with areas/races, does that actually do anything, and why bother when I seemingly can't lower them past 0?
you'll get the benefits after you maintain the relationship above 25, you can read each benefits by click [?]. I dont know about relationship below 0, but it'd be great if you can create an enemy with entire race and start a gang war hahah.

Why make teams to send on missions ever, when the auto fill will get you the best possible results
auto is auto, they easy to make, but they did not make the best team. auto is make your team unbalanced, 1st team will be too powerful and the last team for example is 5th team, they will be super weak. auto also didnt care about traits, so it could end up with high disaster chance. machine is not always the best compared to human you know.

fuck " The Rear Deal"
haha, it seems you need to rebalance the rear deal quest dev, it's too hard apparently.

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
i just open the game to make sure the rear deal is really that hard, but meh, i think you can prepare for the rear deal quest, just prepare a slave with obedience adv so you only need 16 weeks to prepare for the slave or make a bunch of slave focusing on obedience adv and 1 other training adv so you only need at least 14 weeks.
If you first time to get the quest, it's normal to be surprise, but that's the only way to know how to complete the quest. So, it's trial and error, just learn how to complete it in the next encounter, you bunch of whines. I already finish the quest and forgot how did i finish it.
It's no way the dev make an impossible to win quest and i think this quest it's great, theyre what make things spice up in this game, if you not up for the challenge, just remove the quest.

sappho

Aug 31, 2017
I've found quests to upgrade Light magic users to master status, are there quests to upgrade any of the other forms of magic?

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
I've found quests to upgrade Light magic users to master status, are there quests to upgrade any of the other forms of magic?
Nope, the quest only for lights and make the slaver(female) have baby(Player's(male)/other's) well, you unable to upgrade her magic if you refuse to get her pregnant. I never saw another choice to have light master in a quest.

here's list how to get master light i know :
dark master : Choose Your Own Adventure opportunity and Mist Merge opportunity.
light master : Enlightenment of the Soul opportunity
fire master : Desert Purifiers opportunity
water master : Flesh Shaper Temple opportunity
earth master : no idea, i just got them randomly
wind master : Electric Master quest (can get from Kingdom Capital Lucgate scout)

Please note that all off the opportunity is randomly to get and depends on your choice and the quest is not easily to get, so just continue play till you get the opportunity or the quest. I think the dev have some note how to get master magic but i dont know where it is so, it's all from my experience playing this game. Hope this answer your question.

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes