darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
LordXenon_ Thanks for the reports. The double duty was fixed already in the earlier version, but save from previous versions will keep the bug. It's not game breaking though.

For power leveling, it's a bit unintuitive right now, but you need to staff the "Drill Sergeant" duty that is unlocked from the "Training Grounds". Once that's staffed, it will generate a quest each week. This is changed in v0.10.4.1. Now the quest is given by a contact, which should make it more obvious.

Last edited:

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
More balance adjustments in v0.10.5.0:

- Teams can have up to 4 slavers now, so that the team can cover more skills. All 4 slavers, if any, gain EXP from quests.

- Balancing for the initial part of the game (up until you build Grand Hall) is done: character customization is implemented, 5 starting slavers instead of 3, Marketing Office is much more important at early game.

Next: Balancing between grand hall and veteran hall. Hopefully be finished soon and can move on to phase 6 of the roadmap.

Last edited:

Dirtyxmind

Jul 1, 2017
Hello again!

Playing 0.10.5.0...

Found an error when selecting the Safari Quest, with the 'illegal Hunt' option...

Error: <<run>>: bad evaluation: Sum of chances must be non zero

After this the Quest remains stucked... The slaves obtained can't be used... They have the 'BUSY' status at the Safari quest...

This error not always happens... maybe a problem with the races of the slaves obtained?

Thank you for your kind attention!

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Smallfrie Thanks for the heads up. Fixed the links

Dirtyxmind Thanks, I'll check it. Still don't know what's causing the bug atm. If you have the save file, do you mind sharing it? I've tried generating 100,000 units with that quest and nothing ever broke, strange...

Last edited:

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
The equipment section really needs some quality of life work to streamline it a bit.

• Not having to unequip a set to add another item to it, so much clicking.
  • Not having to remove someone from duty to add a set to them, again, so much more clicking.
  • An option to fill the unused spaces with "normal" gear so it doesn't automatically become too "slutty" for the slavers to wear partial sets, perhaps a check box or toggle for nude/clothed.
  • For the love of god, the ability to collapse the equipment groups down so you don't have to scroll for 9 years if you have several sets. ;)
  • Perhaps some trait (the Lustful line?) that would let slavers wear sluttier clothes if desired (specifically related to equipping the "whore" set on the Pimp role, going for maximum Sex rating for the bonuses)
Otherwise, rock on, you're cranking this game out man.

Reactions: darkofoc

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Dirtyxmind Thanks for the save file. I think i've fixed it in the latest version, but not 100% sure. Tried to do the quest 20 times without error though.

Someguy01 All good suggestions, most are already done in latest version (0.10.5.3). Exception is (1) instead of collapsing the equipment menu, I made attaching/removing equipment done in the same page and also made the lines shorter. And (2) sluttier clothes on slavers with certain traits is a good idea, I'll try to cook the idea in the next update.

Thanks a lot!

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
darkofoc Every time I get a game up to around turn 200, you spring another version on me and make me start over for the newest version. I started today using v10.4.3 and the day isn't even done and it's gone thru several releases to be v10.5.3 :)

Edit Addition: Got a chance to play around with the inventory system using v10.5.3 and it's a VAST improvement. Did notice one tiny bug though, but only if using an old save. Any sets equipped in the older version now appear to be stuck on there. There's no unequip option present on them, as well as no options to change equipment. Subsequent sets added work with full functionality. You can't try to equip another set "over" the slot either, the slaver wearing the old set doesn't appear in the list of people for the new set. It's not the end of the world, and as I said, only affects stuff going from an old save, but figured I'd let you know.

Last edited:

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
Its a good game (y)
but the lack of written character description makes it distant and immersion braking :rolleyes::HideThePain:
i know its a lot of work but it will give 2/3rd of the satisfaction if done. (its a fact from similar games)

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.10.6.0 finished up the last works on balancing. Everything about balancing is done now. v0.10.6.x will exist if there are major bugs, otherwise the train will move on choo choo :coffee:. Thank you all for your help and feedbacks, especially Someguy01 LordXenon_ Atacama Dirtyxmind

Even though balancing phase is done, it does not mean balancing just stop. Balance tweaks will keep being done moving forward if needed.

Next destination will be v0.11.x ( ), which focuses on adding just enough content to allow the game to be played from beginning to the end. I don't expect this phase to last long --- there aren't too many such quests needed, just need to fill out the forests more and give more quests that reward slaves. Also a couple of end-game quests that reward end-game items.

Once v0.11.x is done, then v0.12.x will finally put in descriptions for your units as well as interactions with them.

As always, the game is very open if you want to write in your quests! You can even just put the texts in this thread and I'll see about putting them in.

Last edited:

Relius

Mar 11, 2018
So I'm playing the game, running through as I tried to grind money. And then I notice how I seem to be able to do less each week than I normally expected. I was running through so fast that I didn't notice a team of mine got stuck scouting in the city...

So... Ummm... How do I fix negative time?

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
So I'm playing the game, running through as I tried to grind money. And then I notice how I seem to be able to do less each week than I normally expected. I was running through so fast that I didn't notice a team of mine got stuck scouting in the city...

So... Ummm... How do I fix negative time?
Sorry, that's a bug from an earlier version. It's involving a quest that can return a lost slaver back to you. Updating to the latest version (0.10.6.0) should resolve the issue, I think.

If you want to fix it, you can try typing in the javascript console (ctrl + shift + j):

Code:
SugarCube.State.variables.team[4].getQuest().expire()

Last edited:

Relius

Mar 11, 2018
Sorry, that's a bug from an earlier version. It's involving a quest that can return a lost slaver back to you. Updating to the latest version (0.10.6.0) should resolve the issue, I think.
I got the new version, loaded my save into it, and went into the next week. It didn't fix it. I tried the console thing, but, well, it keeps saying the sugarcube isn't defined, and I've made sure to replicate that code

Last edited:

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
I got the new version, loaded my save into it, and went into the next week. It didn't fix it. I tried the console thing, but, well, it keeps saying the sugarcube isn't defined, and I've made sure to replicate that code
Mate, this early in the development cycle, I don't even bother trying to salvage a save game for a new version. Too many little things here and there that could end up tripping you up down the road. Just start again, the early stages are a no-brainer to trudge thru, unless you really lucked into some fantastic slavers with highly desirable traits.

Tam

Aug 28, 2016
Quest: Obedience Training: Basic (+)
Error: <<questcardkey>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<questcard>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<questdescription>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<questvarload>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read property 'getActorObj' of undefined; Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'getTeam' in undefined); Error: cannot execute macro <<include>>: Story.has title parameter cannot be undefined; Error: <<questauthorcard>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'getAuthor' of undefined))))

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.11.0.0 begins work on phase 6 of the development ( ) by adding recruitment quests for all regions. There should not be too many engine changes in v0.11.x, so I expect most saves would be backwards compatible from now.

Tam thanks, it's fixed.

Reactions: Someguy01

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
v0.11.0.0 begins work on phase 6 of the development ( ) by adding recruitment quests for all regions.
The purpose of this, I assume, is to refine how the new slavers stats are arranged? Forest recruitment being more likely to get elves & werewolves, possess earth magic, etc?

Or is it more specific recruitment quests like the Fleshshaper quest getting you guys with water magic, but stuff for that region.

On an unrelated note, regarding items, are there going to be items to complete the pet sets for most/all inventory slots? Because there are a few notable slots missing, like a chest/back slot for pony pets (that being either a harness or saddle) and puppy shoes, muzzle (mouth slot) for puppies, etc. Unless they exist and somehow I've never managed to have one come up in the shops. Items like that.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
The purpose of this, I assume, is to refine how the new slavers stats are arranged? Forest recruitment being more likely to get elves & werewolves, possess earth magic, etc?

Or is it more specific recruitment quests like the Fleshshaper quest getting you guys with water magic, but stuff for that region.
The standard recruitment quests has high chance to recruit human (plains) and human (kingdoms). The other recruitment quests is basically a variant of the standard one, but will recruit other races. They are unlocked by building the new improvements.

The races actually have the same starting stats --- however, different race have very different "trait preferences". For example, north people often has water magic, while kingdomers have wind. Western neko/elves have earth, while eastern desert/orc has fire. The southerners often have light, while demons have dark. Skills are also preferred by races --- e.g., nekos often have the entertainer skill while orcs often have the ambidextrous skills.

On an unrelated note, regarding items, are there going to be items to complete the pet sets for most/all inventory slots? Because there are a few notable slots missing, like a chest/back slot for pony pets (that being either a harness or saddle) and puppy shoes, muzzle (mouth slot) for puppies, etc. Unless they exist and somehow I've never managed to have one come up in the shops. Items like that.
The plan is to have 5 items of each "set", so that an equipmentset will be a mix and match between 2-3 sets to complete it. Exception is "kinky" sets like sex toys and restraints, which are mostly for increasing slave value and for future interactions.

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
Now that we can have 4 slavers per team, how does the game decide who goes on each mission for what role? Because I've noticed that doing the slaver catch-up with a team of 3 experienced (35+) and one new person that could actually benefit from the training that the game will never slot the newbie automatically, and he never get's advanced up. And if you have a team of 4 newbies, the 4th odd man out doesn't get xp from training. The "team" xp rewards from missions don't seem to be limited this way, the 4th man seems to get his share of xp normally.

Also, what happened to slaves getting xp? I remember slaves going on missions and in duty roles were getting xp and leveling, but hasn't been doing that for a few versions now. Did you cut that and take it back to the drawing board, or just nix it all together?

Speaking of slaves: I'd love to see some option for "continuing" training to try and get the bonus traits. Like if you make it all the way to level 3 obedience without getting a crit and the bonus submissive trait, a way to keep running obedience lessons till submissive is learned, same with rest of the traits that can be earned from slave training. As it is, the workaround is to just "train" them with the worst possible trainers and hope for a crit fail so they undo the good training and then you use the "good" trainers to train them back up and do it multiple times till you get the trait.

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes