Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
v0.9.9.2 fixed the reported bugs, and also added 4 more quests.

Someguy01 thanks again for reporting the bug. The bug happens when you assign a slave with large breasts as a cow hahaha.... Had to fix it in the engine so it's only fixed if you restart a new game in the new version. ...Or, you can update to the new version but just don't use the cum cow and milk cow duties o_O
That's what I get for trying to max up my prestige, need mah monies to flow!! ;)

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
With 3 new quests, v0.9.9.3 marks the end of v0.9.x, and the end of phase 4 in the roadmap ( ). With this, the game has over 50 quests which should be sufficient to get a feel of the current balance in the game.

The next updates will begin v0.10.x, which will focus on balancing the game. This will adjust the amount of money and exp you get, the difficulty of the missions (e.g., if you are underleveled, what should happen?), when you reach the end game (thinking Lv40 right now, meaning that the EXP required to level starting from lv 40 will get a massive jump), slave prices, duty profits, etc. The goal is to create a solid balance backbone in the game for making future contents. In particular, minimize grind, minimize player frustration, and maximize fun.

As usual, many thanks for the bug reports. They are all fixed.

Of course, if you have written quests and would like to put it in, then it is still very welcome!

Raino

Dec 4, 2019
I made a small . If anyone needs it. It is based on a pack from another game, but I haven't found the author.

Reactions: darkofoc and SenPC

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.10.1.0 finished the bulk work on balance changes. Everything has been rebalanced: playing the game should feel good now (hopefully?). The focus now is to fine tune the balance by playtesting, and some performance tweaks here and there. Once that's done, then the balancing phase is over.

About image pack, first thanks for sharing the image pack. Just want to point out a caveat of the game. All the images will only be fully utilized after the game is compiled (i.e,. download from and compile).

Alternatively, if you don't compile, then replacing the old image folder with new one still works. But let's say previously there are 3 images under demon, and now there are 6. Then only the first 3 images will be used.

This is because the images are marked during compile time, because javascript cannot read images on the fly. I will think about making it easier to do this in the future, but it's not a high priority right now.

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
darkofoc Found a possible building dependency discrepancy. You need prestige to build a scout carriage, but the only way to get that is to build a recreation wing, but the only way to get that is to get a veteran hall... which requires you to have a scout carriage, which you can't build, because you don't have the base 1 prestige that comes with the recreation wing... see the vicious circle?

Suggest removing the prestige cost to the scout carriage and no other modifications need to be made for it to be functional as is, or removing the scout carriage requirement for building the veteran hall, that would work too.

Unless there's some other way to earn prestige that I'm not aware of.

Reactions: darkofoc

Raino

Dec 4, 2019
Alternatively, if you don't compile, then replacing the old image folder with new one still works. But let's say previously there are 3 images under demon, and now there are 6. Then only the first 3 images will be used.

This is because the images are marked during compile time, because javascript cannot read images on the fly. I will think about making it easier to do this in the future, but it's not a high priority right now.
So that's why portraits are repeated so often. Thanks, I'll think about it this.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Thanks a lot for the reports :love:

v0.10.1.1 added potions and some minor balance fixes.

Someguy01
The scout carriage requiring prestige was a mistake --- the prestige requirement is removed in the new v0.10.1.1 (which is fully backwards compatible). Thanks for the report!

Reactions: Someguy01

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
Thanks a lot for the reports :love:

v0.10.1.1 added potions and some minor balance fixes.

Someguy01
The scout carriage requiring prestige was a mistake --- the prestige requirement is removed in the new v0.10.1.1 (which is fully backwards compatible). Thanks for the report!
Not fully backward compatible, error going to the build screen from the previous v0.10.1.0 game.

Error: <<loadbuildings>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'getMaxLevel' of undefined; Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'getMaxLevel' of undefined)<<loadbuildings>>

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
The scout carriage requiring prestige was a
Not fully backward compatible, error going to the build screen from the previous v0.10.1.0 game.

Error: <<loadbuildings>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'getMaxLevel' of undefined; Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'getMaxLevel' of undefined)<<loadbuildings>>

Oh god you're right, I forgot I renamed the Marketplace building into Forge which caused the error. Typing the following in the javascript console will resolve it (ctrl + shift + J):

Code:
SugarCube.State.variables.fort.player.getBuildings().filter(item => item.template_key=="marketplace")[0].template_key = "forge"

LordXenon_

Nov 16, 2019
Loving how the game is turning out so far! I'll definitely try to help with balancing the game however I can, just have to go through the game again. Keep up the work dev! (y)

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
Error when building the Apothecary , error happens over in the side bar though, main screen shows normal.

Error: <<loadmenu>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read property 'getMarketObjects' of undefined; Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined)<<loadmenu>>

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Error when building the Apothecary , error happens over in the side bar though, main screen shows normal.

Error: <<loadmenu>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read property 'getMarketObjects' of undefined; Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined)<<loadmenu>>
Another my bad about backwards compatibility. To fix, type in javascript console:

Code:
new SugarCube.setup.MarketItem('itemmarket', 'Market')

Atacama

Jul 13, 2019
Sorry for putting the quest in the wrong place on the git; I think I got a bit confused by the interface and it switching between my account and your page. Thanks for including it, and great work on the game.

Dirtyxmind

Jul 1, 2017
Hello!

I am playing the FOC 0.10.1.2 version and got the next error from 'Mail Room' after doing the
'Establish Contact: Western Forest' Quest for the first time:

Error: <<opportunitycard>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<costcard>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<=>>: bad evaluation: State.temporary.cost.explain is not a function); Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: prerequisite.isOk is not a function)

Thanks for the attention!

Dirtyxmind

Jul 1, 2017
Hello again!

Got another error when i received the chance to do the ' (Lv 45 hardest) Mist Merge' Quest if i choose to 'Complete'... everything seems fine until i try to check the 'Quest' option... i got the next:

Error: <<loadquests>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<questcard>>: error within widget contents (Error: cannot find a closing tag for HTML <p>))

And nothing else...
If instead i choose to 'Disrupt', everything works as intended.

Thanks again for your kind attention!

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.10.2.0: failure and disaster gives a huge ton of EXP now, which should help makes the game feels more fair to the player.

Dirtyxmind Thanks again for the report. Its fixed as well!

Reactions: Dirtyxmind

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
Any chance of adding a mechanic to add/remove traits? For example, in all the games I've ever played, I've yet to get a slaver that was "connected", for example.

Also a quick question that's been bugging me: When you see a stat, like say Combat 15 +5 is that effectively combat "20", or is the "+5" factored in already on the main number, so it's combat 15 and the +5 just lets us know there is a bonus factoring into it.

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes