darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Alright, update is done on 0.9.5. Performance issue should be completely fixed now, please let me know if it's still an issue. Save games are not backwards compatible because of the performance and the skill focus changes :(

czertik I've reported the thread as a game update, that's how it works right?

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
This is so much faster, I feel like a blue hedgehog on speed. The third favored attribute seems to level like non-favored attributes though.

I've reported the thread as a game update, that's how it works right?
I don't know how it works, but it's not showing in 'latest updates'.

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
Alright, update is done on 0.9.5. Performance issue should be completely fixed now, please let me know if it's still an issue. Save games are not backwards compatible because of the performance and the skill focus changes :(

czertik I've reported the thread as a game update, that's how it works right?
actualy no idea.
but here come one my idea - can you pls add notification/alert when you press end week and still have free team ? this way i missed some jobs.
and to prevent some annoyance if you dont want to assign team on purose, just let add qest who will never expire and can have unlimited number of teams - training at base.

and now have realy BIG problem - dl latest 9.5 - and i cant SAVE A GAME. wth ? yes, i started completly new game.

Last edited:

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
czertik

Ah, you need to go to the "Save Game / Settings" menu to save the game now. It's the price exchanged for speed.

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
A couple of thoughts about recruitment:

Let the Militia Matters stand as it is, total crap-shoot as to what you get.

Change the actual Recruitment mission to be more focused as to what you're looking for by letting you pick a couple of possible focused skills. Need someone that can fight? Pick that. Need someone good at slave training, same deal. Etc.

I'd also consider letting the people gotten by that method to have a few levels on them, so they aren't just level 1 and nearly worthless in missions out of the starting few. That would also give a nice justification to how sometimes you'll get someone that only costs 300 to recruit and someone that costs 3000 to recruit because when you look at their skills, often there is little to no difference. Perhaps even have a multiweek mission with even more focused recruitment (must be above level 15, needs to be able to fight, must have 'x' trait, etc, etc.) for those times when you know exactly what sort of slaver you want in the team slot.

I don't know how other folks are doing it, but I tend to get at least 4 teams running as soon as possible, with different specialized focuses. Team 1 is my slaving team (good at capture and training), team 2 is my "combat" team, team 3 my well rounded team that can do a little bit of everything and team 4 is my "feeder" team, where I have to stick new hires to get a few levels before they are useful somewhere else. As the feeders get promoted I move others into duty roles, but it's often to replace someone with the pure random recruits without endlessly running the recruitment/militia matters endlessly and hoping for the best.

Speaking of duty roles, how about adding in one for slaving. A basic trainer that week to week automatically tries to give some of the slaves the basic level of training in things so that we don't have to keep going back and forth on the training screen. I get needing to add specific focus on the stuff beyond basic, but basic should be easy enough that it can just be an ongoing process. Just set the "priority" of the training and if all current slaves possess the first priority at basic, it starts training on the second, etc. Even gives you an excuse to add a new building, school/classroom.

Just some thoughts. Fantastic that you've been updating at this speed, really impressed with that and the general level of communication you've shown. Digging the game so far, keep up the good work!

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Did not look that much, but how is the submission of content set up ?

Free cities need an array or variations because of the multiples slaves profile (just to start, adult male & female, kids both, etc. Add particulars like piercing or others who should matter given action depiction..

TBS, its looking good as it, but would requires a dedicated handling of the content submission.

weerchange

Dec 11, 2018
If the main character has a breast then when trying to view the list of slavers, I get error:

Error: <<rostershow>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<unitcard>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read property 'getTraitGroup' of undefined))<<rostershow _unitlist>>

Reactions: darkofoc

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Again, thanks so much for all the feedbacks. I've updated to 0.9.5.2, which adds a settings where you can toggle for only certain genders to appear as slave/slavers. Also fixed a huge bug that caused quest rarity to go awry --- more variety of quests should actually appear now.

Content-wise, now there is a quest from all levels from 1 through 33. The goal is to get one quest for each level between 1 and 50 before moving on to balancing, and finally returning back to content.

Someguy01 Thanks for the feedback. Yes, recruitment is a bit of a pain right now. It'll be revisited once the main content is done, but the goal is that your primary recruitment method should be from randomly scouted quests, not from the generic quest. It has not been coded in tho!

I've also thought about trainer duty, but I'll leave the idea in the deck for now until basic content is done.

weerchange Thanks for the save file --- the bug is fixed. There's a typo in the image directory for female elves, "bg_mysic" instead of "bg_mystic"

seden
I deleted my obsolete answer. Now there's an in-game content creation tool.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018
I have no idea what I am doing. I want to modify my slaves but every time I want to do it, I can't seem to be able to. Am I missing something?

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.9.7.0 added the Content Creation Tool in the game, which allows you to make quests in-game.

That's right, no more any sort of coding required to add quests! This will also help cut down my time writing quests.

Saves are not backwards compatible from 0.9.6.x to 0.9.7.0 unfortunately, since a lot of the engine had to be modified to make way for this feature, but I think it's worth it.

kaneeden

May 10, 2019
v0.9.7.0 added the Content Creation Tool in the game, which allows you to make quests in-game.

That's right, no more any sort of coding required to add quests! This will also help cut down my time writing quests.

Saves are not backwards compatible from 0.9.6.x to 0.9.7.0 unfortunately, since a lot of the engine had to be modified to make way for this feature, but I think it's worth it.
i think you can "report" yourself for getting the software developer status.
i first thought some patron with a name similar to the creator uploaded the game and is now sharing the update news but i guess you are the real one.
Furthermore the amazing mass of hungry trolls has no place to get on your nerves so far because the link in the "dev" section of the description is leading to nowhere.
Ingame the link to gitgud isn´t working because of the additional " . " behind

Gamewise you could give a custom start a thought where the player can choose some traits of their liking. At the moment i find it hard to decide which premade character i can identify with. First i thought for catching bugs the premade choices are better for you but seeing how quests are handled and traits are checked individually this shouldn´t be a problem.
Free starting slaver value RANGE is set too high. 90g ...1145g... you end up by choosing just the most valueable instead of ones you would prefer traitwise or sexually.
Changing skill focus needs some explanation. Does it change the way the chars attributes are used in quests or is this meant for level up stats?

Last edited:

Alexsis987

Mar 4, 2018
Changing skill focus needs some explanation. Does it change the way the chars attributes are used in quests or is this meant for level up stats?
From what I've seen while playing the skill focus is for leveling up. It increases the likelihood that they will gain that specific stat as one of the randomly assigned points they get on a level up. Each selected focus isn't a guaranteed result of that stat, but it seems like its 80 to 90-ish%. Something to note though is that i've yet to see it ever give 3 of the same stat in a level up so while setting all 3 to the same stat will essentially guarantee 2 points every level, unless you're absolutely positive you only want that stat then you're probably better off selecting a different 3rd.

Something i've wondered is there currently really any way to change your slaver's physical attributes? I've encountered a few critical fails which do it, but otherwise you can't upgrade them in the biolab or anything else i've yet seen.

Just a suggestion is adding another biolab building that lets you adjust orifice size. Certain quests favor certain sizes and i'm sure people have personal preferences as well. Given you can adjust everything else about a person it seems a bit of an odd thing to not include.

Reactions: kaneeden

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.9.7.1 finished up the content creator: more help texts, faster, and more things to create. In fact, I used the content creator to add a new 3-choice quest, so everything seems to be good. I will try to make a documentation for it if people need.

Thanks for the bug reports. They've all been fixed in v0.9.7.1, and also other bugs: a big bug in content creator that made the game slow down to a crawl, bug with skills where the third skill focus sometimes isn't being used to determine which stat gained point, and bug with female units accidentally being made rarer than male units.

Now on various things:

Further character customization is in the cards, but they are going to be done last. Want to put in more content first.

Skill focus roughly works like this. Let's say you have a Lv. 100 slaver. Then, if it has 1/3 focus on Combat, then Combat will be at around 100. If it has 2/3 focus, then 150. If it has 3/3 focus, then 175.

Changing slaver's physical values is in the cards, but they are lower priority right now. Want to get more content done first. Biolab expansion is going to be done at some point, but my idea is to require you to unlock the technology via some quest in the later part of the game (sea).

Unit value is going to be fixed later when I move on to doing balance changes. In particular, right now traits give a fixed bonus value to unit. This is going to change --- traits will give a percentage increase in value. Unit base value is going to be based on their level --- you need to level up the slaves if you want to sell them at a high value. In the end game there are three sources of income: quests, slave trade, and slave/slaver duties.

Reactions: kaneeden

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
darkofoc Damn man, updates are flying fast, I literally downloaded 0.9.7 earlier and was about to try it out and decided to swing by and lo and behold: 0.9.7.1 is baked. Also, backward save compatibility needs to be a thing, or I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. ;) j/k

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Whoops, forgot to push in the author name update too. v0.9.7.2 "hotfix". Save should be compatible from 0.9.7.1 I think.

Alexsis987

Mar 4, 2018
Would like to give this a shot, but I've been having a recurring issue with Twine games where I get an error any time I try to save my progress, and I get the same error whenever a game would try to autosave.
All twine games generally share the same cookie space on your computer. That save error comes from all of the allocated space being filled. Either save to file or delete your existing twine cookies (can open the twine game you previously played and delete individual files to clear up space if you don't want to delete them all).

Not sure if this has been caught since my current V0.9.6 but I just got a slave who is both dominant and submissive from the Whore of Ministration quest (she also has 7 personality traits + connected which is a bit insane). Not sure if your sub/dom are meant to be exclusive or you're trying to go with both traits implying she's a switch? Might make more sense for that to be its own trait if you are.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
0.9.8.0 adds the "Surgery", which is biolab but for slavers. It is extremely hard to unlock though (requiring a specific quest in the sea to be completed). Also more content creation tool stuffs.

Alexsis987
Yeah, submissive and dominant are not considered exclusive with each other. I feel writing a switch that behaves as both is going to be really maintenance heavy, so that's why it's written this way. Getting a dom/sub slave is really rare though haha.

DaddyDekar
Build the Recreation Wing. It unlocks various slave duties which convert slaves into prestige. Prestige is then converted to money by the Pimp duty.

DaddyDekar

Dec 12, 2018
0.9.8.0 adds the "Surgery", which is biolab but for slavers. It is extremely hard to unlock though (requiring a specific quest in the sea to be completed). Also more content creation tool stuffs.

Alexsis987
Yeah, submissive and dominant are not considered exclusive with each other. I feel writing a switch that behaves as both is going to be really maintenance heavy, so that's why it's written this way. Getting a dom/sub slave is really rare though haha.

DaddyDekar
Build the Recreation Wing. It unlocks various slave duties which convert slaves into prestige. Prestige is then converted to money by the Pimp duty.
A very misleading name, i thought that was for pampering slaves... and since i had only got male ones by kidnapping...

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Good idea, but damn, need to go to save/setting and then able to save is horrible, also i have no idea why we need 3 slavers to train a slave, i get that is because of the "team" but is a bad choice, could be choose one slaver in the training menu. Also i can be mistaken, but so far i have not seen any sexual content with anything, not with the slave, not with the raids, damn, not even my mc can fuck another slavers, so is me or the tags are wrong?

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes