Sojonin

Feb 14, 2018
Great idea, I'll keep an eye on this one. How does one change Company info? I tried clicking on the link and then the default name but I can't change it.

Reactions: LordXenon_

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
AlexTorch save is fixed in the latest update (v0.9.8.2), recoded so you can save everywhere now without sacrificing speed.

Sojonin thats odd... the company name thing is a textbox, so you should be able to change it.

Reactions: AlexTorch

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
save is fixed in the latest update (v0.9.8.2), recoded so you can save everywhere now without sacrificing speed.
On the other hand, I don't seem to be able to load. Not from settings, nor anywhere else. Clicking the "Saves" button has no effect.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
docclox short answer: delete all your existing save data by clearing the local storage of your browser. Long answer: There was a bug fixed in v0.9.7.x that previously caused save game sizes to explode (become 5mb+). So when you try to "load", the game actually try to open these huge files, which causes the "nothing happen".

AlexTorch Forgot to address this but, interacting with your slaves is coded in, but not written yet. That's why the options to use your slaves aren't there. I'm prioritizing content over cosmetic interactions right now.

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
Cool! I love this game so far. I got really excited about writing up some quests but I ran into some challenges. Here's my player-perspective in real time:

1. Let's go bitches. My quests are gonna be so good Darkofoc is going to soil himself in a hand-stand.
2. Quest key... quest key... what the hell is quest key? This needs a description for dumber dummies... well, whatever it is I better not ask in the forums cause I'm probably the only one who doesn't know...
3. This Actors menu could really use a "Back" or cancel button...
4. Quest tag futa!?... If there's futa content why am I just a woman with holes?? Fuck making quests I need to go find the add-cock potion quest now.
5. ...
6. First! Gonna make a simple quest. I need the restriction for reputation with werewolves to be at least around 20...
7. ...
8. Goddamnit. No option for rep requirements... some other way to stop my quests from popping up at any time?.. Where's the mail option? Where's the... ah fuck I gotta post this and hopefully get a response.

That's about it. My dreams were shattered within six minutes. I know you probably want the quest creation to be as simple as possible but having a plethora of quests without any rep restrictions sounds pretty bland to me. On that note, what does rep do?
Secondly, something I find just as important as the first, I need to have choices like the one defending or attacking werewolves. If mail is the only way, so be it, but I don't see the mail option either...

I wanted this post to be only about the quest making function but let me bounce something off you. At first this is going to sound absolute BoNkErS but take a breath.... and listen to this.
What if you remove "levels" from the slavers and slaves?.. Crazy right!? Players demand levels from developers, it's not your fault! They NEED levels like good games need futa. However, I propose that you consider removing them, having the characters gain stats from the jobs they take (i.e. scouts gain survival, intrigue, +1 random) as the standard result of a completed job. That's not all! Every week each character loses a point in a random trait with a floor of 20.

Ever wonder how that guy became a master of espionage after sending him out to fuck a hole in a tree? Not any more! The characters will constantly evolve and jobs will take on more meaning. There will never be a time where a person has no more room to improve. The game will never end! Now you're wondering why every other game has levels... you've taken the first step toward Enlightenment. The real question is "Are you willing to go back and code that shit?"... I wouldn't. but fruit for thought.

Thanks for the game. Gonna play some more now.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Thanks for the feedbacks, it was very helpful!

Adjustments made: "quest key" field is removed, "reputation" requirement (actually relationship) is added (duh i forgotten to previously), made it clear that "new opportunity" is "new mail", and made the "create new quest based on another quest" as the recommended approach to write new quests.

Lou111
Level rework would require me to take the engine apart and put it back so I think I'll refrain from the idea for now. Thanks for the suggestion though. My main concern about quest affecting skill gain is that it will frustrate players. The design goal of the current system is to give players as much freedom as possible to "shape" their slavers. In the future, there is a plan for an item that can reset a slaver's level (but also reset their skills).

• Love
Reactions: Lou111

Sojonin

Feb 14, 2018
I try editimg my Main Slaver's stats but they won't stick. How many different places in the save file do I need to change them? Got the Company name through editing, don't know why the box didn't work.

Feb 1, 2018
Need help with the bio lab. I still dont know how why I can't just change a slave appearance. I already built up the bio lab...

IRTilter

Mar 29, 2018
Would like to give this a shot, but I've been having a recurring issue with Twine games where I get an error any time I try to save my progress, and I get the same error whenever a game would try to autosave.
Try playing on Firefox. Chrome and Edge both have tiny storage limits (5mb in total for all files) for the type of file twine uses when saving. If you have been playing other twine games they will be using up that space. Firefox has no limit and so the save system works much more reliably.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
AlexTorch Forgot to address this but, interacting with your slaves is coded in, but not written yet. That's why the options to use your slaves aren't there. I'm prioritizing content over cosmetic interactions right now.
And about the training, we will still need 3 slavers to train one single slave? Also, don't get me wrong, i understand that you wanna focus in the base of the game, but sex for me is content, cosmetic if for example art, menus, etc. And thanks for the reply.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.9.9.0 adds corruption and purification, which I forgot to add before.

Also, I was wrong in using the word "content". I think as you say, I want to focus on the base of the game first before going into the "upper layers". I feel doing base first before the upper layers is the right approach to make a game that will actually be finished one day.

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
I think as you say, I want to focus on the base of the game first before going into the "upper layers". I feel doing base first before the upper layers is the right approach to make a game that will actually be finished one day.
Just want to say that this a great mentality to have. I bet there's a million things you wish you could add along the way but you're staying focused. Wish I could do that... really looking forward to this one :giggle:

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Sojonin while I understand that people has their own favorite race, adding a race is one of the largest commitment in the game: a race needs to have their corresponding lore, place to live, traits preferences, and most importantly a bunch of quests associated with them. So unless there's a very strong reason I am against adding even more races that what is already in the game.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
darkofoc, you have any idea how much time will take to made the "base" game, so you can focus in the other stuff, for example interaction, art, sex scenes, etc? Do you have any roadmap?

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
AlexTorch I don't have an idea on how long it will take to finish the game, but I have a roadmap:

phase 1: Fully brainstorm ideas: Gameplay loop, features, endgame, progression, etc
phase 2 (v0.1.x): Engine work
phase 3 (v0.6.x): Base content that affect balancing: All traits, races, buildings, actions, scouting missions, etc

phase 4 (v0.9.x): Sufficient content to allow balancing: Basic quests that cover each level from level 1 through level 60 <- we are here, right now have quest from level 1 through level 40.
phase 5 (v0.10.x): Balancing: slave price adjustments, quest exp gain, quest gold gain, duty adjustments
phase 6 (v0.11.x): Sufficient content to allow a full playthrough: Adding quests that are relevant to game balance (e.g., quests that reward slave orders, equipments, etc)
phase 7 (v0.12.x): Polish: Interactions, flavor texts everywhere (slave duties, slave full description, etc), unit names (right now everyone is using the same name pool). I am not good at writing sex scenes so I might ask for help here.
1.0.0 here
phase 8: Events (need to see first if it is actually beneficial for the game)

There was several curve balls so far: Content Creator was not part of the original plan, but I think it has to be added. Corruption and purification I forgot to implement in phase 3.

Hopefully user-made content are sprinkled in between.

Last edited:

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
darkofoc
Hit a bug today with newest version. Money has gone weird. I was playing along, no issues, well into positive numbers and suddenly money went to null and prestige to blank (not zero). I've attached my save right after it happened if you want to look at it. Odd thing is it let me spend the non-existent money in the shops just fine, but not on the build screen or spending for missions.

Reactions: darkofoc

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
darkofoc
Hit a bug today with newest version. Money has gone weird. I was playing along, no issues, well into positive numbers and suddenly money went to null and prestige to blank (not zero). I've attached my save right after it happened if you want to look at it. Odd thing is it let me spend the non-existent money in the shops just fine, but not on the build screen or spending for missions.
Thanks for the save file, I'll look into it.

If you want to fix it for the save, you can go to the javascript console (ctrl + shift + J), then type:

SugarCube.State.variables.company.player.money = 1000

SugarCube.State.variables.company.player.prestige = 0

(or whatever value you want)

Reactions: SenPC and Someguy01

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.9.9.2 fixed the reported bugs, and also added 4 more quests.

Someguy01 thanks again for reporting the bug. The bug happens when you assign a slave with large breasts as a cow hahaha.... Had to fix it in the engine so it's only fixed if you restart a new game in the new version. ...Or, you can update to the new version but just don't use the cum cow and milk cow duties o_O

Reactions: Someguy01
4.00 star(s) 23 Votes