Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Where can I find the flashlight? I did like the walkthrough notepad said but I cant find one.
If you mean the first part of the game (waking up instead of going back to sleep), I think it's in the southmost room in the starting area. There should be a bunch of shelves and a dude looking at a collapsed wall or something. If I'm remembering right, it should be sitting in the bottom left corner. If you mean the second part of the game (going back to sleep), I think you either start with one or start very close to one. In either case, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to see one before you see zombies.

Reactions: justAnon2k1

justAnon2k1

Apr 27, 2020
If you mean the first part of the game (waking up instead of going back to sleep), I think it's in the southmost room in the starting area. There should be a bunch of shelves and a dude looking at a collapsed wall or something. If I'm remembering right, it should be sitting in the bottom left corner. If you mean the second part of the game (going back to sleep), I think you either start with one or start very close to one. In either case, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to see one before you see zombies.
Thankyou I found it

reaper01

Jun 23, 2017
So.... Is this just something the dev just never put into the basic scenario? It's quite curious. ScreenShot_2022_0806_23_02_48.png

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
This game is surprisingly a rollercoaster if you're someone who likes to pay attention to lore.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Either way, I had a good experience. I also have to thank the translator for going above and beyond with a lot of things, like creating a walkthrough with a 5K+ word count. That really helps to make replays easy.

Reactions: Emerald_Gladiator

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
This game is surprisingly a rollercoaster if you're someone who likes to pay attention to lore.
Either way, I had a good experience. I also have to thank the translator for going above and beyond with a lot of things, like creating a walkthrough with a 5K+ word count. That really helps to make replays easy.
I've always assumed that there were multiple clones running around. If NOAH could get away with using just one clone, why make so many?

Reactions: Beyo

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I've always assumed that there were multiple clones running around. If NOAH could get away with using just one clone, why make so many?
My intuition tells me that would cause problems, because NOAH's endgame was to make him the villain, so having multiple clones running around simultaneously could prematurely set him off before the MC reaches the laboratory.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
My intuition tells me that would cause problems, because NOAH's endgame was to make him the villain, so having multiple clones running around simultaneously could prematurely set him off before the MC reaches the laboratory.
Well, we already established that the Arisugawa clone's memories could be fabricated and that his actions could be predetermined. We also established that NOAH predicted the MC would unfailingly make his way to the final boss room. But the only reason the MC even made it as far as he did was because the people helping/guiding him also unfailingly fulfilled their roles. It stands to reason that NOAH has some level of omniscience. Being able to influence the clones directly, it makes sense to me that it could arrange multiple clones to move around without accidentally encountering each other. And it makes sense it'll want to use multiple clones, because NOAH still has limitations to what it can work with, like needing to make a clone to swap a different clone for the MC (if I'm remembering right). It's much harder to arrange for one clone to do everything in a timely manner versus having multiple clones handle different tasks. NOAH just needs to arrange for the extra clones to die in a spot no one important will look.

kuruvit

Jun 15, 2017
wich programs ? i reinstalled and there is still this error
You need to enter you PC config, region or keyboard (depend on your OS) then go to admin and change the second option (no unicode) to japanse.
I put you images of how to make it in w10 from control panel Nueva imagen de mapa de bits.png below.

kingwizar

Jan 31, 2019
Is it just me or is Platinum End really a mess lorewise ? Like, obviously it continues on from Rain's 27 days later route, but Kimberly, Niko, Rea and Hinata are explicitly from their respective Pre 27 days endings (waking up early and protecting them).

I mean, the devs even gave us a handwavey excuse in the form of MC's miracle semen that can cure early zombiefication so you would think that Niko and Hinata are here because we cured them while Kimberly and Rea survived their incidents, but no, they're straight up from another timeline lmao

Great game, just wish that we could actually save the Pre 27 days heroines, so Platinum End doesn't fuck with the established lore so much.

Reactions: Beyo and Ferghus

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Is it just me or is Platinum End really a mess lorewise ? Like, obviously it continues on from Rain's 27 days later route, but Kimberly, Niko, Rea and Hinata are explicitly from their respective Pre 27 days endings (waking up early and protecting them).

I mean, the devs even gave us a handwavey excuse in the form of MC's miracle semen that can cure early zombiefication so you would think that Niko and Hinata are here because we cured them while Kimberly and Rea survived their incidents, but no, they're straight up from another timeline lmao

Great game, just wish that we could actually save the Pre 27 days heroines, so Platinum End doesn't fuck with the established lore so much.
Believe me, if the plot is hard to understand, translating the Japanese was even harder. As I've mentioned in this thread and in my ReadMe, I really had to add some things to fill in the plot holes or some of the more nonsensical or boring parts of the story. And even then, I admit there are still huge plot holes in my translation anyway because it's so convoluted. I guess you need to taper your expectations while playing, as it's still an H-game, not a VN.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ferghus

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Believe me, if the plot is hard to understand, translating the Japanese was even harder. As I've mentioned in this thread and in my ReadMe, I really had to add some things to fill in the plot holes or some of the more nonsensical or boring parts of the story. And even then, I admit there are still huge plot holes in my translation anyway because it's so convoluted. I guess you need to taper your expectations while playing, as it's still an H-game, not a VN.
I guess Platinum Days being an alternate timeline makes more sense, but man that kinda sours the point of the other playthroughs. It's basically saying that we're not allowed to play the ideal timeline and that for all intents and purposes probably isn't cannon.

I did find the game to be engaging, but I don't think it being an H-game and not a VN is a good excuse for its plot to be incoherent. Like even if the game has H-scenes or isn't just strings of text, they clearly intended for the story to be a major part of the game's experience. If they expect the player to be invested in the plot, they have a duty to make it make sense.
At least that's my take on it.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
I guess Platinum Days being an alternate timeline makes more sense, but man that kinda sours the point of the other playthroughs. It's basically saying that we're not allowed to play the ideal timeline and that for all intents and purposes probably isn't cannon.

I did find the game to be engaging, but I don't think it being an H-game and not a VN is a good excuse for its plot to be incoherent. Like even if the game has H-scenes or isn't just strings of text, they clearly intended for the story to be a major part of the game's experience. If they expect the player to be invested in the plot, they have a duty to make it make sense.
At least that's my take on it.
Yeah, I agree with your first point. It'd be nice to be able to play Platinum Days as a standalone scenario with the end result being possible (the ability to save all the women).

Well, I do think 'incoherent' is a strong word to describe the plot. I'd say it's more disjointed and convoluted. With a game like this, story should have been a much more important element to it, but instead, I'd imagine most players would be very confused while trying to understand what's happening. I'm just mentioning that many H-games' story/plot are just so baffling (and it doesn't help that there are so many MTLs floating around), and half of the users here are just disillusioned or desensitized to actually figuring out what's happening in a game, and are more excited to see scenes than anything else.

kingwizar

Jan 31, 2019
Personally speaking, I think you did great. I would even say that your translation made the story pretty straight forward and easy to understand.

Imo Platinum End would've made more sense had the devs just made 1 singular route (tbh there's 0 reason why MC would tell a defenseless mother and her child to go F themselves then turn around and help 2 random girls)

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Personally speaking, I think you did great. I would even say that your translation made the story pretty straight forward and easy to understand.

Imo Platinum End would've made more sense had the devs just made 1 singular route (tbh there's 0 reason why MC would tell a defenseless mother and her child to go F themselves then turn around and help 2 random girls)
Thanks. Yeah, that would've been one option. I can think of more than 0 reasons why an MC would do that, haha. In fact, I'd imagine a fair amount of horny dudes would choose two schoolgirls over a mother and her child in a zombie apocalypse. :p

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Yeah, I agree with your first point. It'd be nice to be able to play Platinum Days as a standalone scenario with the end result being possible (the ability to save all the women).

Well, I do think 'incoherent' is a strong word to describe the plot. I'd say it's more disjointed and convoluted. With a game like this, story should have been a much more important element to it, but instead, I'd imagine most players would be very confused while trying to understand what's happening. I'm just mentioning that many H-games' story/plot are just so baffling (and it doesn't help that there are so many MTLs floating around), and half of the users here are just disillusioned or desensitized to actually figuring out what's happening in a game, and are more excited to see scenes than anything else.
I'll admit, incoherent might have been a bit much, but man, they really didn't explain jack. Like the reveal about the clones should have been a clarifying moment, but for me, it made me even more confused. Like I understand the mysterious clone killed the "correct" clone so that we can sub in the modified clone, but like why was it necessary? Or like how is it that the events of 28 Days Later are predetermined, but there's also the possibility that our dude wakes up 28 days too early and just walks away from it all? Or like how is it that the X-factor is a person the whole time, but simultaneously a drug? Why do female zombies try to gut the MC even though they explain that zombies typically only go for the opposite same sex like right at the start of Non-28 days?

I don't think it's really that many users. It just seems that way because the no-effort guys are very vocal. And a lot of them don't seem to be very good at English, which is probably a contributing factor for the lack of interest in story.

edit: typo

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes