random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Do you know if the "Using all the obsidian before upgrading the tavern will prevent you from accepting Quest 7!" bug is still in the game? If you don't know it's fine you don't have to check, I was just curious if that bug was only in an older version of the game as well.
Unless there is a newer version than what I have, I guess you can get still blocked from getting that obsidian.
And it's not even a bug, more so an unforeseen use of resources on the user's part.
The point is that there is a finite amount of obsidian and if you have only one obsidian left and don't upgrade the tavern then you won't get the new quests, one of which gives you an obsidian. It's not really a bug, more an unwanted side-effect of a design choice which can potentially lock the user out of content.

Reactions: Maid Lain
Aug 7, 2018
Do you know if the "Using all the obsidian before upgrading the tavern will prevent you from accepting Quest 7!" bug is still in the game? If you don't know it's fine you don't have to check, I was just curious if that bug was only in an older version of the game as well.
Unless there is a newer version than what I have, I guess you can get still blocked from getting that obsidian.
And it's not even a bug, more so an unforeseen use of resources on the user's part.
The point is that there is a finite amount of obsidian and if you have only one obsidian left and don't upgrade the tavern then you won't get the new quests, one of which gives you an obsidian. It's not really a bug, more an unwanted side-effect of a design choice which can potentially lock the user out of content.
I especially paid attention to this potential bug (never encountered it, as I specifically planned around it), which was why I purposefully fully-upgraded the tavern first, rather than going through with the second/final upgrade to the hospital, which would've allowed for me to advance further in the story.

I was actually really scared at first that this issue would've prevented me from advancing, but I luckily read somewhere on an earlier post in this thread that apparently some quest gave you an obsidian shard, so I took my chances with that.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
Yeah man, the frigging obsidian has caused headaches to more than a few people. It is easily the most asked question in this thread.

Reactions: TheDevian

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
@random.guy @Shad0wZ3r0
So would a more accurate description be something like:
  • When there are only a few obsidian left you must have at least one thing to upgrade that isn't the tavern and fully upgrade the tavern before upgrading that last thing or you cannot get the obsidian from quest 7.

Honestly that is still a bit confusing though so if it isn't prevented from happening in another update I'll just fix it in my patch when I get to book 3.
Even more simply, just warn them to fully upgrade the tavern before fully upgrading the hospital.

I had posted a modified script a while ago to address this that let you cheat the obsidian.
But, you know, just console your way through in case...

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Regarding obsidian, there is a BUG if you enter the maze the first time and go to the right. There is a chest, open it and a guard will appear. Don't fight it but run away. Now every time you beat a guard you will get 1 obsidian and 2 health/mana potions.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Regarding obsidian, there is a BUG if you enter the maze the first time and go to the right. There is a chest, open it and a guard will appear. Don't fight it but run away. Now every time you beat a guard you will get 1 obsidian and 2 health/mana potions.
Neat. I can somehow guess why that happens.

Muramasa0

Thicc thighs for breakfast
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Have two questions. How's the content quantity? And are the save files compatible between versions?

popober

Jun 9, 2017
So apparently the update is "delayed" because of personal issues IRL... that's fine, I can wait and this is one of those games that still hasn't failed me in meeting expectations when updates arrive.

But what I wanna ask is... when can we fuck the mascot chick? I've long wondered when or if Mity will ever include her in the bangable roster, even as just an easter egg.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Neat. I can somehow guess why that happens.
There's a similar bug in book 2. On Ember Island you can buy potions for the crab battles, but they cost twice as much as the ones from the armory and you have no way of making money on the island. I'm assuming it's like that so it's harder to spam potions and to prevent the crab boss fights from being any easier than they already are.
Funny thing is though, that sometime recently (past 4 months or so) the dev was bug testing and fixing some Ember Island bugs and made the potions free to make testing easier I guess, but forgot to change it when he was finished testing. So now the potions on Ember Island say they cost 100 coins but are actually completely free lol. I didn't fix it in my patch because people always complain about crab battles even though they are easy so I just left it like that.

Have two questions. How's the content quantity? And are the save files compatible between versions?
Honestly if it was possible for a game to have TOO MUCH content.. it would be this game. I've been playing it on and off for 4 months and I've only played about 50% of the current content. Save compatibility isn't an issue with this game either.

But what I wanna ask is... when can we fuck the mascot chick? I've long wondered when or if Mity will ever include her in the bangable roster, even as just an easter egg.
Omg, that is such a good idea.

Reactions: Muramasa0

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
I'd say there is a linear progression during development both in content and quality. That's why compared to book 2/3 book 1 now falls behind a little and is more grindy and less story driven. Even if you remove the grindy part/minigames though the game has lots of sexual content with a wide variety of fetishes. And if you're a fan of the anime series this is simply a must.
Save games should be compatible but it's not guaranteed.

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
I've been extremely impressed with this so far (currently on book 3). The story is very well done and each book is like a completed game in its own right. The only issue I've had was that rollback was disabled in book 2 but that just meant i had to save at path choices every now and then. A lot of times these types of games get very grindy and repetitive but with this game, each book is so different from the last and yet there is still so much content as well. I invested over 24 hours on just book 1 and 2, mind you i explored a lot of the pathing choices instead of just playing through. This game really is a shining example for what the other developers should try to achieve. 5 out of 5, would recommend

Aug 7, 2018
Yes, as the title of the map suggests, it's the first version. I've completed the entire maze already, and don't really wanna go back and play through it again to find the specifics of which character is being saved at each spot, what earthbending level is needed for each wall, etc. Also, there may be small issues with the map, so please do let me know, so I can fix them for the updated version.

4.50 star(s) 275 Votes