F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Discovered this game earlier in the year and it is amazing totally in love no complaints. Have been considering becoming a member of their patron for a while but have never patroned before and dont quite understand the advantage of each tier. What tier do you all recommend? Also discovering this forum today and saw that the patron accounts have suspended payment or whatever, so ideal time to join I guess? (recantering my statement of no complaints I need a Ty Lee love route added in book 2 at some point in the late future no rush plan on living 40+ more years hopefully, this will just allow me to die happy lol)
well, welcome to the zone then :cool: now you're a pirate.
whatever ideas and or wishes for FET you have, they won't be seen at MiTy's patreon, unless you post it there as well.
best guess you could still sign for them, then you're their patron without paying, but likely patreon will deny new patronage on a locked account. you can check it out signing up for the lowest tier. maybe it gives some error. if not, you could at least follow whatever convo goes on there; whatever runs here is aside from that patreon website and may differ by quite some.
the most recent common sound here is that we're all waiting for things to unfold, hopefully in our favour, hopefully this year..

Serpents2

Jul 6, 2020
A sad thing to think about is that this build, once released will likely be smaller and have less content then other builds. I'd like to think it would at least double the content of book 4's love route seeing as that was the first build of it. Given the current state thats highly unlikely. All we can hope for is maybe some Korra sex and Kya x Opal. I'm not sure if we're going to get any Ikki or Jinora content.

Jul 1, 2018
to be honest the artist work deserves some pay not his fault that the coder doesnt get his shit together, but i dont even know what his cut from the patreon even is since he said he doesnt own the game hes just employed. Would be a shame if he would earn anything less then half from the patreon.

but even then 20k is still a fuck ton of money
I am pretty sure marty gets 50% of the money they get.

Ty Lee I Love You

Dec 2, 2020
whatever ideas and or wishes for FET you have, they won't be seen at MiTy's patreon, unless you post it there as well.
best guess you could still sign for them, then you're their patron without paying, but likely patreon will deny new patronage on a locked account. you can check it out signing up for the lowest tier. maybe it gives some error. if not, you could at least follow whatever convo goes on there; whatever runs here is aside from that patreon website and may differ by quite some.
the most recent common sound here is that we're all waiting for things to unfold, hopefully in our favour, hopefully this year..
Seems like a lot of people didn’t learn from Iroh that patients is a virtue lol. I’d rather wait for top tier than settle for something below par. Hope the coder takes his time and Keeps improving his craft, you can tell with each chapter they install the team gets better. I say take your time, make it amazing and in the long run people that were going to complain probably would have anyway lol.

Appreciate the response I’ll try signing up once I beat chapter 4 slave in the next day or two and will let you know what it says. Was more curious of others experiences of the benefits of momo vs soka

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Pretty sure next update will be shorter, yes.
But the problem was a block, fueled or increased by depression.
So if he is able to get past it and deliver a short update but with quality, he should have an easier time giving bigger ones from then on.
the first step after a stop is always the slowest one, after all.

Aug 13, 2017
Seems like a lot of people didn’t learn from Iroh that patients is a virtue lol. I’d rather wait for top tier than settle for something below par. Hope the coder takes his time and Keeps improving his craft, you can tell with each chapter they install the team gets better. I say take your time, make it amazing and in the long run people that were going to complain probably would have anyway lol.

Appreciate the response I’ll try signing up once I beat chapter 4 slave in the next day or two and will let you know what it says. Was more curious of others experiences of the benefits of momo vs soka
You say that but how do you feel about waiting for something below par? Because that's how this'll turn out. Don't get it mistaken. The delay isn't because the coder is just flowing with ideas and planning to pack this update full of content. No no, it'll be the same or even less than usual as they make a big song and dance of how hard it was to get it out and how grateful they are for people understanding.

Ty Lee I Love You

Dec 2, 2020
You say that but how do you feel about waiting for something below par? Because that's how this'll turn out. Don't get it mistaken. The delay isn't because the coder is just flowing with ideas and planning to pack this update full of content. No no, it'll be the same or even less than usual as they make a big song and dance of how hard it was to get it out and how grateful they are for people understanding.
Truthfully I’m not really excited for book 4 in general. Females are worst that ATLA and Tenzin might be my least favorite character besides Zhoa in the whole anime. Bo Lin is the only male protagonist in LOK that isn’t a douche and he doesn’t really fit in the story. The love chapter has to be hard to write given Koras sexuality and lack of good protagonist. I think it would be cool if we controled asami or something and turned Kora into a lesbian or something idk.

Honestly just excited for them to get through the LOK stuff it if the rewrite rumors of book 1 are true. Feel like this game is ever expandable, could even see a what should have been season 5 of ATLA scenario of team Avatar with Zuko and them rehabbing Azula. Sokka is always good for jokes. We’d get Toph And katara back Could be many Ty Lee Kyoshi scenes Feel like the writing on these sections is much easier and more enjoyable because of the quality of ATLA. But I’m a dreamer what can I say ‍♂

Reactions: Testerguy19

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
So... how exactly did this update went from almost finished to uncertain?
cbob, the coder but, most relevant on this case, primary writer, had a serious case of writer's block but was trying, and failing, to push through. it is unknown if it was caused by, caused, or just melded with a separate bout of depression. either way, the two together meant no progress for a while.

he apparently had some help now, or at least took some proper medicine. apparently, was able to get past the block. buuut...
for some reason, that meant he was not sure anymore how long he had to finish.

the most likely reason, besides him overshooting how much he had already done (just because you have the plot all mapped out doesn't mean it will be easier to actually turn it from notes to prose), or just lying not to worry marty and the patrons about his mental condition (something pretty common when having depression), is that the parts he did write were not up to his taste, something that could also have caused the writer's block but now he is in a proper mental health to cut it our and write it better.

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
So... how exactly did this update went from almost finished to uncertain?
Aside from the simple answer, lying, it's actually possible that he wrote 90% of the update. But he hates the ending, and can't get it to sound good to him. So 90% of the writing is done, but the not the last 10%.

Now I'm not saying that's the case. I don't know what he's been up to. But that is a way that writer's block can kick him in the ass.

RocketSurgery

Sep 15, 2017
Aside from the simple answer, lying, it's actually possible that he wrote 90% of the update. But he hates the ending, and can't get it to sound good to him. So 90% of the writing is done, but the not the last 10%.

Now I'm not saying that's the case. I don't know what he's been up to. But that is a way that writer's block can kick him in the ass.
It could also be that once he got some meds and stabilized a bit, he hated the 90% he had done and scrapped some of it. I can't imagine forcing your way through writers block is very conducive to quality writing.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Truthfully I’m not really excited for book 4 in general. Females are worst that ATLA and Tenzin might be my least favorite character besides Zhoa in the whole anime. Bo Lin is the only male protagonist in LOK that isn’t a douche and he doesn’t really fit in the story. The love chapter has to be hard to write given Koras sexuality and lack of good protagonist. I think it would be cool if we controled asami or something and turned Kora into a lesbian or something idk.

Honestly just excited for them to get through the LOK stuff it if the rewrite rumors of book 1 are true. Feel like this game is ever expandable, could even see a what should have been season 5 of ATLA scenario of team Avatar with Zuko and them rehabbing Azula. Sokka is always good for jokes. We’d get Toph And katara back Could be many Ty Lee Kyoshi scenes Feel like the writing on these sections is much easier and more enjoyable because of the quality of ATLA. But I’m a dreamer what can I say ‍♂

love route book 4 actually started really strong, by far one of the best starts. the problem is, there's not been anything afterwards yet.

Reactions: Bauza

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
It could also be that once he got some meds and stabilized a bit, he hated the 90% he had done and scrapped some of it. I can't imagine forcing your way through writers block is very conducive to quality writing.
its not, but it gets the job done, it also helps as it gives more points of view to fix it. writter's block is not a physical thing, so holding waiting for it to pass almost never results in a good answer either. it is better to just brute force it as quickly as possible, so you can do something else, then come back later to work on it once again.

many authors mistake writter's block as a "timed thing", however, in reality, its just a literal roadblock for the ideas. even if you are unable to make it better later, you will find a better result if you do that. sometimes, the perfectionism of a writter is his worse enemy.

Reactions: Ty Lee I Love You

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
due to personal experience, I'm pretty sure it is the most likely answer.

its not, but it gets the job done, it also helps as it gives more points of view to fix it. writter's block is not a physical thing, so holding waiting for it to pass almost never results in a good answer either. it is better to just brute force it as quickly as possible, so you can do something else, then come back later to work on it once again.

many authors mistake writter's block as a "timed thing", however, in reality, its just a literal roadblock for the ideas. even if you are unable to make it better later, you will find a better result if you do that. sometimes, the perfectionism of a writter is his worse enemy.
that would be a valid answer in something like a fanfic you can just put an author's note for the readers to check again the past chapter, or a book still unreleased as you are supposed to give a second pass anyway.
but the problem here is that this is a game released episodically. making a release and changing it later would require players to reload an earlier save, or restart the game even. Sure, it sounds easy since this is not that much into part 4, but it is still a bunch of time to hold "shift" to skip.

In my opinion the better idea would be to work on something else, something small, just to let the creativity flow and let you better grasp what you should do for your plans.
of course, that comes with the risk of enjoying working on the smaller thing too much and expanding it as time goes.

Ty Lee I Love You

Dec 2, 2020
love route book 4 actually started really strong, by far one of the best starts. the problem is, there's not been anything afterwards yet.
I was able to sign up for their patron but don't believe I was charged. Got the spooky updates today is a good day!

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes