ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Project is on hiatus, nobody knows when they will continue.
the worst part is, it feels like every new info they give paints a worse and worse picture. it was just a "soon", then it became a "almost finished", went to "he will deliver before the end of the month", and now we got a "we will stop patreon until something comes out". im afraid they will just post talking about how someone got arrested and the project will have to wait a couple years...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
I mean the project IS on a hold, temporarily.

But given it's only been a couple months and there's been longer hiatuses and they're not even charging Patrons right now, I don't get why everybody's suddenly being hyberbolic about the future state of the game.

Like, seriously, wishing the game doesn't come out now? That makes no sense.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Okay people need to calm down. Most of the game is already out. If Mity and the team are on a hiatus, there must be a reason. So let's be patient and continue supporting them. The project isn't even on hold much less abandoned.
i agree. problem is, the reason will probably be cbob wanted to implement a shitty minigame, ended up screwing something in the code, and now is torn between taking it out, or fixing the code... you know, like the last time this happened?

of course, it could be because of something more serious, but it doesnt look like it is. it does look, however, like its the exact same problem he had before, but the backlash was so big, he is just being vague about it so people dont get angry again about a non issue...

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
i agree. problem is, the reason will probably be cbob wanted to implement a shitty minigame, ended up screwing something in the code, and now is torn between taking it out, or fixing the code... you know, like the last time this happened?

of course, it could be because of something more serious, but it doesnt look like it is. it does look, however, like its the exact same problem he had before, but the backlash was so big, he is just being vague about it so people dont get angry again about a non issue...
i still think the problem would be more into the writing part, cbob can at least code some not-too-buggy spaghetti.. but when he tries to develop a story and something just 'doesn't look right', there's not really a plunge-ahead-fix-after option. imo if the problem were in the code, we'd have some very early bughunt version at least.
here i'm hoping i'm wrong o_O code problems would be easier to resolve.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Actually, having already started the Love Route, plus having the art ready, may make it even harder...

Anything he does now needs to build from what was already shown, and he already has the art to use, but the problem is filling the gaps.

It is like he has a bullet-point list of what he has to add now, maybe even in order, but now he is obligated to do all bullet points. And sometimes they don't flow as well.

..wait, no, it is not "like". When you pre-plan the plot, that is exactly what you are doing, opposite to just sitting and writing as it comes to your head.

Ebrietas

Jul 15, 2018
So the game has not been updated for months reading what everybody has been saying i came to a fucking conclusion people are saying the writer or coder has depression and writer's block then everybody is bitching about what happend or the update and shit well this is........what is it?

Conclusion: play some other games until the dude comes back

[ There are other games you can play just to let you guys know ]

[ In the words of Lazerbeam hit the like button ]

Just to let everybody know i do not know what like's do but it gotta be something good right?

Nixi~

Apr 25, 2018
So the game has not been updated for months reading what everybody has been saying i came to a fucking conclusion people are saying the writer or coder has depression and writer's block then everybody is bitching about what happend or the update and shit well this is........what is it?

Just to let everybody know i do not know what like's do but it gotta be something good right?
Ze game iz out??? :BootyTime: :BootyTime: :BootyTime: :BootyTime:

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Youtube... and others like facebook... show things to you based on what you are subscribed/following and what has more likes in the interests you watched more of or more recently.
Among other things that only get more and more slaverish and benefiting more the big groups, but those two may be weakened but are an important constant.

That means by liking a video or a content creator you let others that did not know of them be shown their content more, meaning they have more viewers and, with luck, more constant followers.

Since most of those get a payment for their ads, be it automatic ones or paid for an in-video advertising, that means more views get them more money, be for better-paying automatic ones with a small value per view but that ads up, or so the outsider ones offer more money to keep doing a good job.

Which is a big deal for some of them, as years ago it was a full-time job until Youtube made it be more and more restrictive and paying less. And, well they can hardly just leave for a different one, that would hurt the fans they already got and thus make it hard if they ever needed to return.

But on here I have no idea.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019

that made me chuckle. but yessir, doing exactly that, going through F95 for other games i might pick up.
latest i found was this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
warning it's Flash.
easiest even, you can use the search function for just one tag, if you're on the look for a certain something. then again, some people are here only for this one game, and won't budge, so those can't be helped?
sadly, on some other ones i watch ain't much progress right now, then again xmas closing in and i'm busy. ykno.. feed reindeers, groom beard, check that darn giant bag, all that.
regarding FET, i'm still set on having a something from the devs before this year ends.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes