melodias1983

Jun 4, 2020
HELP; stuck book 4, day 2 night slave route. After going to jail and returning to the island, it is nighttime and I can't find Korra, previously I found her in the sand. now I'm on the island at night, check all the possible places, the sleep button does not appear to continue the story, urgent help

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Like I said, you're not the kind to see another perspective. What's more you don't seem to understand the bigger picture. If this is your response I don't see any point wasting my time explaining something over and over and over again.
I don't get what you are trying to explain, and you seem to only focus on repeating it instead of actually explaining. I want to have a conversation, not a prompt to have you repeat the same thing as if an rpg npc.

And you mostly seem focused on cbob "splitting his work with other people", while the part he is having trouble with is just the writing right now.
Meaning split... what?

Proofreading, editing, those things are to be done afterwards.
Coding is not the issue right now, meaning giving it to someone else would make no difference.

The most I can think he can do now is give his notes to another writer so they can try to put them in there for him, and then he reviews.
Which is what you seem to think is useless.

I can accept someone else writing the meat of the book, but I want to read the ending of cbob's story.
Silmarillon, for example, was done putting together Tolkien's notes and finishing the pieces in-between. Some places feel a bit different, since they were finished by someone else, but it is clearly still Tolkien's story.
Compare it to Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy 6, written by someone else as a sequel to book 5. The author had no notes or anything, not even plans to write that book as far as I know. That s just official fanfiction in his universe. Good one, the author of that book is the same one from Artemis Fowl, but it is clearly his story there, not a plot from Adams, while you read it.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I don't get what you are trying to explain, and you seem to only focus on repeating it instead of actually explaining. I want to have a conversation, not a prompt to have you repeat the same thing as if an rpg npc.

And you mostly seem focused on cbob "splitting his work with other people", while the part he is having trouble with is just the writing right now.
Meaning split... what?

Coding is not the issue right now, meaning giving it to someone else would make no difference.

The most I can think he can do now is give his notes to another writer so they can try to put them in there for him, and then he reviews.

I can accept someone else writing the meat of the book, but I want to read the ending of cbob's story.
Silmarillon, for example, was done putting together Tolkien's notes and finishing the pieces in-between. Some places feel a bit different, since they were finished by someone else, but it is clearly still Tolkien's story.
Compare it to Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy 6, written by someone else as a sequel to book 5. The author had no notes or anything, not even plans to write that book as far as I know. That s just official fanfiction in his universe. Good one, the author of that book is the same one from Artemis Fowl, but it is clearly his story there, not a plot from Adams, while you read it.
exactly that, there's no proof reading if cbob can't come up with A Story. there's no coding to be done if that story isn't there, and -some arts- can be done preemptive but only so much. neat comparsion with that Silmarillion. or, try to read everything of Terry Pratchett, and you (fig. or anyone else who would) couldn't write another diskworld book in that very same canon. it'd be off.
however, i expect to see more of the same from likely the same people, going round and round of 'replace this guy add a guy there hire someone' while we wait for something to pop up.
impatient people are impatient. some of them don't even bother reading just half a page back.

Aug 13, 2017

Meaning split... what?

This is why I'm saying you have such a narrow view of thinking. I'm not talking about the issues for THIS update. I'm talking about the project as a whole, I've always ever been talking about the project as a whole. Beyond this singular update you don't think burnout is going to happen again. This issue has been persistent if we're to believe half the update posts they spew out so surely wouldn't some help in the project be of benefit. Instead you just keep talking about the now. You're missing the forest for the trees because you have some odd fixation with arguing why MITY is perfect as it is and we should all be content with the constant lying and issues that arise whenever an updates deadline is close.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018

Happy new year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Here's a picture of Korra doing a handstand!

What an asshole the last year was! Of course there's corona and all of it's effects on our lives(turning it upside down) but on a personal level there was my dog(among other things) and on a work/friend level there was/is this whole business with cbob. We've had better years and I think that goes for virtually everyone out there with the exception perhaps of vaccine/mask/hand sanitizer producers.

With the passing of the old year into the new there's not a whole lot that changed but an arbitrary number we put on the passing of time... Still, I can't help but hope this will be the start of some positive change. Not immediately, not fast, but slowly over time. I'm not going to say "It can't get worse", because it can and I don't wanna jinx it.

I'm going to keep this message short. I just wanted to wish you all a happy new year but there's still a couple of things I'd like to touch upon while I have your attention! By the way I was going to write this message sooner but it's only today my headache is gone. Most of my new year has been spent feeling too good to lie down but also too bad to do much of anything so I've been doing some reasonably easy stuff such as answering pm's etc. And no, it's not because I drank too much on new year's eve. The only thing I indulged in was deviled eggs.

So let's talk a bit about MITY/FET. Judging from the very limited contact I'm having right now with cbob, both quality and quantity, I don't think this month will be the one when he'll make his come back. Strong emphasis on think. I'm going to assume he won't, which means FET is still on hiatus and I will keep working on my side project 18titans for now.

Like I said in an earlier update, I don't intend on making this side project any bigger than a single route of FET and am prepared to drop it like a hot coal when cbob does feel it's time to return. I'll most definitely be playing this song when he does

But yes, I don't have any answers as to when that will be.

As for 18Titans, I'd really like to have a new build for it finished this month, but I'm going to be a bit more gentle with myself than I was with the builds I made by myself in the past. That means you can bet I will do my best and put in the time necessary, but I'll also allow myself some breathing room in between. I'll do my best to have it ready this month, but not at the cost of everything. Having that said, don't underestimate my desire to get things done.

And that's already it for this update. Told you it was going to be short one! I'll keep you in the loop though and if I get anything good (be it a build or news) from cbob you better believe I'll want to tell you about it immediately. I'll be busy working on the next 18Titans build in the meantime.

I hope however 2020 has went for you, 2021 will be an infinite improvement upon it. Keep looking for that rainbow!

Cheers!

Marty

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
TLDR: cbob's still ghosting Marty, Marty is going to work on 8Teen until cbob comes back, donations are inactive for January (as said in the last update post), 8Teen won't be longer than a single route of Four Elements, but when cbob does start being active, 8Teen will be shelved (not gotten rid of or stopped, just put on an indefinite hiatus).

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
TLDR: cbob's still ghosting Marty, Marty is going to work on 8Teen until cbob comes back, donations are inactive for January (as said in the last update post), 8Teen won't be longer than a single route of Four Elements, but when cbob does start being active, 8Teen will be shelved (not gotten rid of or stopped, just put on an indefinite hiatus).
so they're set on not giving a date. can live with that; there's a bunch of Flash classics to check out.

Chains123

Apr 20, 2020
as long as the artist does stuff like the halloween side story and 8teen i dont care. Sure it sucks that we miss out on some jinora and opal scenes but the prison cell stuff in 8teen also looks quite promising looking forward to that.

ezarel5620

Dec 13, 2020
Coming back to this thread after reading the milfy city thread really just enforces my fear that this game is headed down the same deep dark hole, and fuck does it hurt to see

Call me a doomsayer if you will but we keep doing these delays and they aren't getting better, they're getting worse. I appreciate the artist is making use of the time to try and get something out to supporters but we were supposed to have an update nearly 4 months ago and its almost certain that the claim that it was almost ready was a straight up lie

Just is shitty to see, its the last main route and it started out with such promise. Even if the update eventually comes out sometime this year you're kidding yourself if you think it'll be smooth sailing from that point on.

But they're practically immune to criticism at this point so they'll be fine at least

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes